ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled to settled status: ID check

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lunallena
Mood:

Pre-settled to settled status: ID check

Post by lunallena » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:27 pm

Dear all,

I have started my application to change my pre-settled to settled status. I am a non-EU citizen married to an EU citizen, having been in an unmarried relationship since 2013 (applied for an extended family member residence card in 2017).

So the first step to switching my status was to prove my identity via the "EU Exit: ID Document Check' app". I scanned my biometric residence card, did the face scan and picture, and everything went well. Once all the steps were finished, the app indicated that I would be receiving an email with the next steps to follow. Instead, I received an email from UKBA saying "Mobile number updated", which had not been the case. I contacted the Home Office (at 03001237379) and was told that this is a common error and that should just ignore the email. However, I have not received any email confirming my ID submission check or indicating how to continue with my application. The person on the phone told me that the email should arrive at some point (LOL).

My question is, how long does it take to receive the confirmatory email once the ID check has been submitted? I've tried to do the ID check again but the app says I've done it already so it does not allow me to do it again. From what I can remember from previous applications, those emails are almost sent immediately but this time may be different. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

kamoe

Re: Pre-settled to settled status: ID check

Post by kamoe » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:46 pm

My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

lunallena
Mood:

Post by lunallena » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:52 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:46 pm
What happens if you use this link? https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... /dashboard
wow! It took me to my application :) Thanks Kamoe

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Good, finish the process.

Once your application is submitted, you should receive an email from apply.to.visit.or.stay.in.the.uk@notifications.service.gov.uk with subject "Application submitted", and your 16-digit application number (or at least that was the case last year!).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.