ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settlement status help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zaki12
Newly Registered

Pre-settlement status

Post by Zaki12 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:52 pm

Dear members,
I am sorry if this has already been asked before. I need help please. My father in law has recently arrived in UK on EU Settlement family permit which expires in Aug 2022. If he wants to like here afetr Aug 2022, does he need to apply for Pre-settlement status? What documents would he need and when can he apply for this?
Just wondering what is the current processing time for pre-settlement applications? If members could share their exprencies it would be greatly appriciated

Furthermore, what other advice would you give to someone who has recntly arrived in UK on EUSP i.e. to open bank account, NI number etc? any tips would be greatly appriciated

Many Thanks

kamoe

Re: Pre-settlement status

Post by kamoe » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:03 pm

A family permit clearly states it is valid for 6 months. Therefore, if the holder wishes to stay they obviously need to apply for further leave. This is done by applying to the settlement scheme, with the outcome of pre settled status.

Timeframes vary, it takes some people 24 hours to get pre settled status, and some have waited 5 months for it. Suitable documents are usually the same documents used to obtain the family permit.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zaki12
Newly Registered

Post by Zaki12 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Thank you very much

EJulian
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by EJulian » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:43 pm

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-no ... -3150.html

Zaki12
Newly Registered

Pre-settlement status help

Post by Zaki12 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:54 am

Hi I am applying for my father-in-law pre-settlement status who has indian passport and I have settled status.
I am stuck with this question below on the Gov website. I am not sure which one to selection as there is not an option for son-in-law. could someone help please? Many Thanks

Has your family member applied to the EU Settlement Scheme?
Yes
Who is your family member?
What is your relationship to this family member?
They are my:
Spouse or civil partner
Unmarried partner
Parent or guardian
GrandparentGreat-grandparent
Child
Grandchild
Great-grandchild