ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settlement to settlement questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chpt3
Newly Registered

Pre-settlement to settlement questions

Post by Chpt3 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:16 pm

Hello,

I need some guidance of when I can apply for settlement. I know it is still long but it is something that bugged me.

I am from non EEA country, I arrived in the UK in 2016-2020 under tier 4 and tier 5.

On 27 November 2020, i was granted EEA family visa as I am a durable partner of Polish national. Then i was granted pre settle status on 14th May 2021.

The questions that I have:
1. I know that pre settlement is usually 5 years, but my pre-settlement only valid until 16th December 2025 which is around 4 years and 7 months instead of 5 years. Shouldnt it be 14th May 2026?
2. When will I able to apply for settle starus? If the answer is 27 November 2025, doesnt it way too close with my pre settlement status will be expired 19-20 days after that?
3. I am currently employed, and i am meant to show proof of my valid work permit, if I apply my settlement on the 27th November 2025, then i dont get decision in 20 days, it means that i will lose my job. So the fact that its way too close really made me uncomfortable and scared.

Can anyone advice?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Pre-settlement to settlement questions

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:51 am

Chpt3 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:16 pm
Hello,

I need some guidance of when I can apply for settlement. I know it is still long but it is something that bugged me.

I am from non EEA country, I arrived in the UK in 2016-2020 under tier 4 and tier 5.

On 27 November 2020, i was granted EEA family visa as I am a durable partner of Polish national. Then i was granted pre settle status on 14th May 2021.

The questions that I have:
1. I know that pre settlement is usually 5 years, but my pre-settlement only valid until 16th December 2025 which is around 4 years and 7 months instead of 5 years. Shouldnt it be 14th May 2026?
2. When will I able to apply for settle starus? If the answer is 27 November 2025, doesnt it way too close with my pre settlement status will be expired 19-20 days after that?
3. I am currently employed, and i am meant to show proof of my valid work permit, if I apply my settlement on the 27th November 2025, then i dont get decision in 20 days, it means that i will lose my job. So the fact that its way too close really made me uncomfortable and scared.

Can anyone advice?

Thanks
Your continuous residence that qualifies you for EUSS began when you were granted your EEA family permit on the 27 Nov 2020. Therefore you will become eligible for settled status on the 26 Nov 2025. You will have plenty of time to apply for settled status.

Once you apply, and if you havent received a decision by the time your presettled status expires, your Certificate of Application will be proof of the fact you have retained your rights while the decision is pending. Your rights, including your right to work and rent, will be protected.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.