ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times? EU family permit for dependents of British citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LillyPearl
Newly Registered

Processing times? EU family permit for dependents of British citizen

Post by LillyPearl » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 am

Does anyone know the processing times for an EU family permit for a dependent relative of a dual UK/ EU citizen?
My mother (EU/ Commonwealth citizen, no convictions or anything that could be problematic etc.) applied for a family permit to join me (UK/EU citizen) in the UK as a dependant in April 2021.
Appointment at visa centre: May 2021
I was contacted to provide my EU passport (which was already submitted at the visa centre in May 2021 anyway, but probably idiot clerk did not photocopy it) : July 2021
My documents were sent and returned the next day, so presumably the HO got them a long time ago.
We stupidly did not choose to pay £200 for her to keep her passport because we believed the blurb online that processing times are around two weeks. It's been three and a half months. The blurb online now has been changed to "as soon as possible" which is not very encouraging.
My mother is without a passport and I cannot see any information anywhere on how to ask for her passport to be returned, so she will stop being upset about it.
Apologies for the ranting, I am getting fed up with this. Were it not for covid-19 my mother would have travelled to the UK before Dec 20 and would have got her EUSS sorted. Also, she grew up in a British colony and thinks highly of the UK and this was a dissapointment.