ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regardin EEA2 visa (through retention)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myiris
Newly Registered

query regardin EEA2 visa (through retention)

Post by myiris » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I had a hypothetical question regarding people who have retained their EEA2 resident visa under the EU rules for retention. I was wondering whether a person on such a visa can be away from the UK for a period of 6 months to a year and still be able to come back to UK and stay and work? Naturally provided that he/she comes back before the visa expires.

Thanks for any comments.

mrj

myiris
Newly Registered

Post by myiris » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

I am currently holding an EEA2 visa which I retained (after divorce) under EU laws. I have got a very good placement in amsterdam, through my work in UK, which would be around 12 months. But I wanted to know the effects of this on my rights to come back and work in UK under EEA2 visa after the placement in amsterdam. I do not want in any way to jeopardize my rights to stay in UK, under EU rules.
I would be very grateful for any feedback.

Best Regards,
mrj