ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering UK with settled/pre-settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ElizabethApricot

Re-entering UK with settled/pre-settled status

Post by ElizabethApricot » Sun May 01, 2022 8:56 pm

Hello, we are travelling to Poland in June for 3 weeks, returning on the 29th of June. My husband is Polish, I'm American, 3 year old is American + Polish, and 11 month old has triple citizenship (including) British.

Basically I'm terrified of not being allowed to re-enter the UK, but I think we've got everything in order. These are the documents we'd use to re-enter

Husband: Polish passport (he has settled status linked to this)
3 year old: Polish national ID card (settled status)
11 month old: British passport
Me:. EEA BRC (linked to my pre-settled status). I HAVE NOT converted this to the new settlement scheme card. My EEA residence card expires end of July this year (2022). Am I correct in thinking that it doesn't need to have 3 months validity or anything like that, in order to re-enter the UK? My understanding is that I can't convert it until it expires, unless I claim it's lost.

Anyone have any experience re-entering the UK this year or last year using an EEA BRC?

Is it OK for my daughter to enter the UK using her Polish ID card, given it's linked to her settled status? She doesn't have a Polish passport.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Re-entering UK with settled/pre-settled status

Post by Obie » Sun May 01, 2022 9:50 pm

You will be fine, you have no need to worry.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kamoe

Re: Re-entering UK with settled/pre-settled status

Post by kamoe » Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 am

ElizabethApricot wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 8:56 pm
My understanding is that I can't convert it until it expires, unless I claim it's lost.
This is incorrect, where do you get this from? You can convert an old EEA BRC into a new Settlement Scheme anytime you wish without giving any reason (I have both a EEA BRC and a Settled Status BRC, they are both valid and proven to be accepted at the border with zero issues). The one condition to upgrade to a EUSS BRC is that you have either settled or pre settled status.
Anyone have any experience re-entering the UK this year or last year using an EEA BRC?
Yes me, and I even used an old BRC after a new BRC under the Settlement Scheme has been already issued. They do not invalidate each other. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.