ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of EEA Family permit " not submit comprehensive sickness insurance"

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Refusal of EEA Family permit " not submit comprehensive sickness insurance"

Post by Pion » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello

I share you you my situation. I submitted EEA FAMILY Permit on 23.04.18 in Warsaw. I received the documents on 17/05 . The decision made on 15/05 ( 15 working days). The refuse reason is " However you have not submitted any documentation to verify that both of you have comprehensive sickness insurance to cover all family members in the UK".

Do you give me any advice ? My husband now is in UK as phD student ( He is French). Do he need go to NHS to register his health care or he need to buy a health insurance ? And I have to buy a health insurance in Poland to cover the health care in UK ? Or what should we do? Could you give us any advice.

muraenidae

Re: Refusal of EEA Family permit " not submit comprehensive sickness insurance"

Post by muraenidae » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

What is your nationality? Are you Polish?

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 pm

muraenidae wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm
What is your nationality? Are you Polish?
I am Vietnamese.

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

If your husband is exercising his treaty rights in the UK as a student, then you both need to have proof of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Xter27 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm
If your husband is exercising his treaty rights in the UK as a student, then you both need to have proof of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI).
That is not true, only the EEA national will need a CSI until the Family come in to join the EEA national will he or she requires a CSI.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Xter27
Lithuania

Post by Xter27 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm
Xter27 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm
That is not true, only the EEA national will need a CSI until the Family come in to join the EEA national will he or she requires a CSI.
Thanks for the correction, Obie.

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Wed May 23, 2018 6:58 am

Thank all for the reply. I contacted to many insurance company and one company called freedom health insurance has "COMPREHENSIVE SICKNESS INSURANCE". It costs both of us 120 pound per month for a period of 12 months. Do you have any idea about this company and any recommend about other health insurance company ?

magdalenap
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by magdalenap » Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am

Hey,
When I was a student, I got an insurance policy from HealthOnline for approx. £57 per month. They set it up right away and it was so cheap because I asked for only one hospital, rather than any in the UK. Never actually ended up using it, but it covered us both.

Here is the link:
https://www.health-on-line.co.uk/

Hope this helps :)

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Wed May 23, 2018 12:22 pm

magdalenap wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am
Hey,
When I was a student, I got an insurance policy from HealthOnline for approx. £57 per month. They set it up right away and it was so cheap because I asked for only one hospital, rather than any in the UK. Never actually ended up using it, but it covered us both.

Here is the link:

Thank for your reply but the broker told me that this is the best one to apply for the EEA family permit.
And he recommended me buy the CSI for my husband only, it costs 58.16 per month for 12 months period. I will buy CSI when I arrive UK.

As I know so far, just now only my husband needs to buy CSI. And I can use his document to apply for EEA family permit visa.Is it correct? Will the Home office accepts that? How can I prove to the Home Office that I will buy CSI when I arrive UK? It is waste of money for me if both of us buy CSI now while I am not in UK yet.

Now I am applying for EEA family permit visa ( 6 months ) from outside UK not resident permit card yet.

If someone have experience about such a situation, please share with me.

magdalenap
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Post by magdalenap » Thu May 24, 2018 10:58 am

Pion wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:22 pm
magdalenap wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:15 am
Hey,

Here is the link:

Thank for your reply but the broker told me that this is the best one to apply for the EEA family permit.
And he recommended me buy the CSI for my husband only, it costs 58.16 per month for 12 months period. I will buy CSI when I arrive UK.

As I know so far, just now only my husband needs to buy CSI. And I can use his document to apply for EEA family permit visa.Is it correct? Will the Home office accepts that? How can I prove to the Home Office that I will buy CSI when I arrive UK? It is waste of money for me if both of us buy CSI now while I am not in UK yet.

Now I am applying for EEA family permit visa ( 6 months ) from outside UK not resident permit card yet.

If someone have experience about such a situation, please share with me.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I came to the UK with my husband as a student and we didn't have the CSI at that point. He got his Family Permit for 6 months without it. I'm not sure if it works everytime thought.

anastasialomonovich
Newly Registered

Post by anastasialomonovich » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Hey! I was refused twice on this reason. Your husband's insurance has to cover you indeed. I could not get British insurance, being not in the UK, therefore my husband got medical cover from Romania (that is where he is from), extending to cover me (worldwide, including the UK). It is important to provide the 'schedule' of you medical cover - basically the conditions, describing the cases that are covered. There is no strict definition of what "comprehensive medical cover" is. I guess, use common sense and get a good and credible one. It is advisable to provide a cover letter with your application.
I was granted my EEA FP with my third application, when we managed to submit the required medical cover.

Good luck!

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Finally, I got the visa after re-apply with CSI. I waited for 9 weeks to get the visa on my passport.

Thank all for the advice.

MaFedatto
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by MaFedatto » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi Pion!!! How are you?
So, how did you managed to get the Visa? I am stuck in the same situation. I am Italian, PhD Candidate and my Brazilian husband will apply to join me. Which "comprehensive health insurance" did you and your husband get? I may try the same as I worked for you. I am really confused with all this! Best,

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 am

WPA HEALTH INSURANCE
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021