ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card or EU settlement scheme?? please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ephi
Newly Registered

Residence Card or EU settlement scheme?? please help

Post by ephi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 am

Hello,

Me( non-eea national) and my wife(EU national) moved to UK on 19th January for the first time ever. I hold a Family Permit visa that ends on 7th of June. I want to extend my stay to either Residence Card or EU settlement scheme but I am really confused about which one to go for?

To give more details,
  • My wife and I are working (pay-slips and bank statments are provable)
  • We've got our NINo.
  • We both don't have Biometric Residence
Now my questions are;

1- Does EU settlement scheme extend to those with EEA family permit?, If yes, After approval, do they give a physical card or a sticker in passport to show at passport checks at airports?

2- I know Residence Cards can be applied for at the same time as your spouse, Can we both apply for pre-settlement scheme at the same time?

3- Which one do you think I should aim for? ( We both aspire for naturalization in the end)

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Card or EU settlement scheme?? please help

Post by Ugosonic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm

ephi wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 am
Hello,

Me( non-eea national) and my wife(EU national) moved to UK on 19th January for the first time ever. I hold a Family Permit visa that ends on 7th of June. I want to extend my stay to either Residence Card or EU settlement scheme but I am really confused about which one to go for?

To give more details,
  • My wife and I are working (pay-slips and bank statments are provable)
  • We've got our NINo.
  • We both don't have Biometric Residence
Now my questions are;

1- Does EU settlement scheme extend to those with EEA family permit?, If yes, After approval, do they give a physical card or a sticker in passport to show at passport checks at airports?

2- I know Residence Cards can be applied for at the same time as your spouse, Can we both apply for pre-settlement scheme at the same time?

3- Which one do you think I should aim for? ( We both aspire for naturalization in the end)
Apply for a residence card, after that u apply for settlement scheme

JoeCross
Newly Registered
Macedonia

Re: Residence Card or EU settlement scheme?? please help

Post by JoeCross » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Both should apply for the EU settlement - it's easier, faster and cheaper. As non-EU, you will get a card that will prove your pre-settled status. Residence cards will expire 2020 or 2021, depending of the Brexit, deal or no deal. Read everything here:

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

1. Yes
2. Yes, but first apply for your spouse, and get her reference number. Then you'll use that number to link your application to hers.
3. Pre-settled status.