ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained rights using Lounes route?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Withlove
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Retained rights using Lounes route?

Post by Withlove » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:55 pm

Hi all,

A friend of mine advised this forum, I hope I will get help and clarification regarding my situation.

The situation is the following:

I am married to EU citizen who applied for Settled Status and got it. I am married for 4 years and 6 months, resident in UK for 4 years.

We are separated for one month and don't speak... I have his old passport (which expired 30 December 2021) and all documents such as self-assessment forms and national insurance.

I understand that I am eligible to apply for settled status in one year time using retained rights of residence route.

But what if He is British citizen at that time? how should I apply? because I know his plans to become British citizen! Will I have problems because of that?

I know all these questions can sound stupid and silly but still it is relevant to my life.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Re: Retained rights using Lounes route?

Post by goodpartner » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:44 pm

I think in retain rights it’s written you should have been married to EU CITIZEN for 3 years. In annex 1 “definitions” eu citizen is the person from eu who have been qualified for 5 years and it is including naturalised British citizens.

So, for ROR IT IS ok.

Not sure, if divorce is not finalised at that point, then how to apply. Maybe someone will advise.

Withlove
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Retained rights using Lounes route?

Post by Withlove » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi,

Thank you!

could someone please help me with that? what happens if he becomes naturilized as British and my divorce will not be finalised at that point, how should i apply? will i be eligible?

Also what to do if he does not give me his passport? I have only the expired one. Has anybody had the same situation?