ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retaining Right of Residence following Divorce

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

cutepearl
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by cutepearl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:33 am

cabaret.

from what u wrote is that u have lived in uk for 2 years n 2 years in spain. did u leave uk 2 years ago or u married there stayed there for 2 years n then came here?

as i have been married for 3 years n been in uk for 2 yers and 7 months but then my mrs left uk n we are still married and things arent looking good. she's been abroad in her home country on and off for 5 months now.which is 3 years of our marriage but we havent divorced yet but things are getting there if she decided not to stay in uk.

what you think where would i stand?

cabarete
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 am

Post by cabarete » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 am

cutepearl wrote:cabaret.

from what u wrote is that u have lived in uk for 2 years n 2 years in spain. did u leave uk 2 years ago or u married there stayed there for 2 years n then came here?

as i have been married for 3 years n been in uk for 2 yers and 7 months but then my mrs left uk n we are still married and things arent looking good. she's been abroad in her home country on and off for 5 months now.which is 3 years of our marriage but we havent divorced yet but things are getting there if she decided not to stay in uk.

what you think where would i stand?
we got married in spain because we lived theree, after two years there she was offered a position and we came here to the uk, after two years things were not working out and sadly we got divorced... i am lucky that we have remained good friends.

Remember that all they ask is that you're married for three years and that one of those is in the UK and that at the time of divorce she is excersising her treaty rights here...

you guys have not divorced yet?.... is there any chance of the marriage to be saved?

cutepearl
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by cutepearl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi mate Thanks for the reply,
Yea well the thing is that we have decided that we won't divorce now and will give it sometime, So she is moving to sweden now which means we are separating but not living in the same country.
But she has been in sweden already for a month now and planning to visit me next month and then stay for a couple of weeks , But I don't know where does that leave me ?
Do i have to leave the country as well?

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Right of Residence

Post by nanaaddo80 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi,
Update,
Have received a letter from the UKBA office today dated 27 April 2010 in croydon asking me to send 4 pictures of myself and that of any dependants if there is any as well as my passport since they are in the process of completing my case.Now, I am confused because I am no longer an asylum seeker since December 2003 when I got married to my portuguese wife whom I have divorc ed in December 2009.I did sent an application to the EEA Applications Office in Liverpool for a retained right of residence and I wonder why an entirely different case as been brought up again from a different office but having the same reference number as that of the certificate of approval I received after sendind an eea application
All members should share ideas.
Thanks

mego_1980
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Retain Right of Residence

Post by mego_1980 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:02 pm

nanaaddo80 wrote:Hi,
Update,
Have received a letter from the UKBA office today dated 27 April 2010 in croydon asking me to send 4 pictures of myself and that of any dependants if there is any as well as my passport since they are in the process of completing my case.Now, I am confused because I am no longer an asylum seeker since December 2003 when I got married to my portuguese wife whom I have divorc ed in December 2009.I did sent an application to the EEA Applications Office in Liverpool for a retained right of residence and I wonder why an entirely different case as been brought up again from a different office but having the same reference number as that of the certificate of approval I received after sendind an eea application
All members should share ideas.
Thanks
Hi,
I've also received letter from croydon to confirm that my case refered to case worker.
they usually ask for 2 photos isn't? did they ask for anything else?

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Right of Residence

Post by nanaaddo80 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi,
They asked me for 4 pictures and that of any dependants if any.They also asked for passport and any other documents have got if not already with them.

irric
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: London

Post by irric » Wed May 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:So you are telling me you fall in love, you get married, stay for 4-5 years,
your circumstances change AFTER your immigration status is safe and then divorce. Thats very convenient isn't it ??

You are talking loud about relationships but you are forgetting a thing called commitment, without which no relationship can work.

Its a different question though whether you are committed to the person or to the EU passport.
Hey guys.........
i have been reading this thread for long time..... It help alot of people...And i myself has been through some of these things.....
I never thought to and need to come and give advice to anyone here because here are alot of people who are very help full to each other.....

However the only reason i am stepping in is this Pakhtoon guy.....
I personally feel if you guys give this kid some time.....he will learn his lesson.......
By the way i know these pakhton people very well....they have this natural disorder.............. something they hear or see wrong on one ocassion.... they always stick to thrie original idea.... this is the main limitation of these foulks...........

But guys if u ignore this guy "pukhtoon"..... It would be better...... And trust me he will not be offended bcuz they are quite use to it.....

Hey Pukhtoon............... How is love life going....... No offence but there are alot of things which ur wife would be doing and you are not allowed to do to let ur family do.......as you are from pakistan.......hnnnnnn

what do u say about that in love......... And before u tell accuse others of wrongdoing.............. Probably you would like to mention about all your borthers and sisters....taking asylem in other countries since many many years............what abut that.......

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm

irric wrote: Hey guys.........
i have been reading this thread for long time..... It help alot of people...And i myself has been through some of these things.....
I never thought to and need to come and give advice to anyone here because here are alot of people who are very help full to each other.....

However the only reason i am stepping in is this Pakhtoon guy.....
I personally feel if you guys give this kid some time.....he will learn his lesson.......
By the way i know these pakhton people very well....they have this natural disorder.............. something they hear or see wrong on one ocassion.... they always stick to thrie original idea.... this is the main limitation of these foulks...........

But guys if u ignore this guy "pukhtoon"..... It would be better...... And trust me he will not be offended bcuz they are quite use to it.....
Its funny first you ask others to ignore me and then you start addressing me :lol: Your comments about Pakhtoons are dearly beloved and derogatory. I guess moderators are not gonna like it.
irric wrote:Hey Pukhtoon............... How is love life going
Life is going good even better now when the winter is finally over. Thank you for your concern.
irric wrote:No offence but there are alot of things which ur wife would be doing and you are not allowed to do to let ur family do.......as you are from pakistan.......hnnnnnn
For example ?
irric wrote:what do u say about that in love......... And before u tell accuse others of wrongdoing.............. Probably you would like to mention about all your borthers and sisters....taking asylem in other countries since many many years............what abut that.......
What exactly you are trying to say in this one ? I don't understand.

And yes, let me reply to the question you asked in the PM that you sent me, no we don't have any children YET even though we do have a plan of having one or two kids. As for their religion, it will be upto them to decide once they are grown up. If they would want to be Christians, I am perfectly all right with that. Its going to be their life and hence their choice.

Why did you need to ask this question anyway ? :roll:
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

maganzo
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by maganzo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?

What is your problem!
Go away!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 pm

maganzo wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?

What is your problem!
Go away!
Yes Sir ! :lol:
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

irric
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: London

Post by irric » Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am

maganzo wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?

What is your problem!
Go away!
Hi Maganzo......
As i said before that this friend of ours, pakhtoon........ please dont take any offence of his saying......

You probably heard about the fact that some people do something many many times and at some level it become their habbit to live with those things...... However when they c other playing with or actually understanding some technical life issues those people think...... O my God others are catching up with us let start accusing them openly......

my point is pakhtoon need to look in his own heart..... before he accused others of something wrong......

I still cant belive that he is still living with this mentality in 2010.... they used to like this 1000s of years ago as well and still......

I think pakhtoon know all what i am talking about ..... if he know a little about his own history......loooooooooooool

Anyway let get back to work.....
Dude u get ur COA....... and go on with marriage.....Let pakhtonn know that there is one more going to happen if he wanna say something abt that......loooooooooooooooll
But i heard that now a days they are taking some time on Marriage CAO.....and less on EEA applications, unlike before.............. i think its better..... becuz this is one and those one are like two or threee......

U know i wonder when pakhtoon would need some help as well..... he may have to change his id to take advice specially if he come in this page.....looooooooooooooooool

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu May 20, 2010 4:35 pm

irric it is very clear that you are a former member who has returned on a new id with the sole purpose of attacking Pakhtoon .

Pakhtoon is a well respected member whose opinions and thoughts are greatly valued on this site .

You my boy are a time waster with some serious issues . This is a serious thread and does need you playing silly games in it .

I would suggest that you maybe get a life and stop the silly games that do nothing but waste peoples time . :roll:
Last edited by SBT_Owner on Fri May 21, 2010 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

troubled
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by troubled » Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Why this cycle of personal attacks? Please people come to this forum to seek advice rather than lectures that take them nowhere.Many people are going through emotional stress, some at the point of suicide because of immigration problems, so please stop attacks and offer constructive advice. I hope the moderators will monitor those who come here to attack and ban them. You are deviating from the topic , come with good advice and stop those attacks.

irric
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: London

Post by irric » Fri May 21, 2010 7:58 am

SBT_Owner wrote:irric it is very clear that you are a former member who has returned on a new id with the sole purpose of attacking Pakhtoon .

Pakhtoon is a well respected member whose opinions and thoughts are greatly valued on this site .

You my boy are a time waster with some serious issues . This is a serious thread and does need you playing silly games in it .

I would suggest that you maybe get a life and stop the silly games that do nothing but waste peoples time . :roll:
Thanku for ur concern....
But i am not a former member..... never been here but this is first time...
I dont have any personal problum with pakhtoon.....
But he has been judging people for sometime rather than helping them...
Doesn't matter..... i know them pretty well...

If others dont wanna know i can talk to him personally...... i guess he will run away or call mami or take me out............lol

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm

irric wrote:
maganzo wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?

What is your problem!
Go away!
Hi Maganzo......
As i said before that this friend of ours, pakhtoon........ please dont take any offence of his saying......

You probably heard about the fact that some people do something many many times and at some level it become their habbit to live with those things...... However when they c other playing with or actually understanding some technical life issues those people think...... O my God others are catching up with us let start accusing them openly......

my point is pakhtoon need to look in his own heart..... before he accused others of something wrong......

I still cant belive that he is still living with this mentality in 2010.... they used to like this 1000s of years ago as well and still......

I think pakhtoon know all what i am talking about ..... if he know a little about his own history......loooooooooooool

Anyway let get back to work.....
Dude u get ur COA....... and go on with marriage.....Let pakhtonn know that there is one more going to happen if he wanna say something abt that......loooooooooooooooll
But i heard that now a days they are taking some time on Marriage CAO.....and less on EEA applications, unlike before.............. i think its better..... becuz this is one and those one are like two or threee......

U know i wonder when pakhtoon would need some help as well..... he may have to change his id to take advice specially if he come in this page.....looooooooooooooooool
Hmmm what exactly you are trying to say to me ? Can you come to the point please ? :lol:
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 pm

irric wrote:
If others dont wanna know i can talk to him personally...... i guess he will run away or call mami or take me out............lol
As SBT_Owner said, stop the silly games and leave alone this paindu langauge :D
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 am

HIIIIIIIIII,
Its been five months since I informed the UKBA of my divorce and to retain a right of residence.I received a form attached to a letter from the croydon office about an asylum I seeked in 2002 before I even got married.I wonder why this since besically I have nothing to do with asylum sine 2003 when I became a family member of an EEA national.Any ideas ........Thanks

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Right of Residnce

Post by nanaaddo80 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 pm

UPDATE,
I have today received a letter dated 25/06/2010 by the UKBA which reads as follows.........
Dear.......
Thank you for your recent application for issuing of confirmation of Permanent Residence in the United Kingdom as a EEA National/Non -EEA family member.To enable us to complete consideration of your aplication I should be gratful if the following documents are forwarded:

1.Evidence to show that you have exercised Treaty Rights since the date of your divorce(dec 2009) to current date,such as wage slips,employers letter, bank statement etc.

2.Written confirmation to vrify if you are appying for a Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card in the UK.

To enable the application to be considered properly we need all the above documents, and we believe that it would be reasonable to receive this within 21 DAYS unless we are advised of good reason justifying an extention.ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL as photocopies are not acceptable.

NOW, I understand why the are requesting new pay slips from me to show continous exercise of treaty rights which i shall post to them tommorrow but what I dont understand is why they need written confirmation from me to tell them whether I want PR or RC.
Obie and members should share ideas.
THANKS

vegeta_2009
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Retain Right of Residnce

Post by vegeta_2009 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:53 pm

nanaaddo80 wrote:UPDATE,
I have today received a letter dated 25/06/2010 by the UKBA which reads as follows.........
Dear.......
Thank you for your recent application for issuing of confirmation of Permanent Residence in the United Kingdom as a EEA National/Non -EEA family member.To enable us to complete consideration of your aplication I should be gratful if the following documents are forwarded:

1.Evidence to show that you have exercised Treaty Rights since the date of your divorce(dec 2009) to current date,such as wage slips,employers letter, bank statement etc.

2.Written confirmation to vrify if you are appying for a Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card in the UK.

To enable the application to be considered properly we need all the above documents, and we believe that it would be reasonable to receive this within 21 DAYS unless we are advised of good reason justifying an extention.ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL as photocopies are not acceptable.

NOW, I understand why the are requesting new pay slips from me to show continous exercise of treaty rights which i shall post to them tommorrow but what I dont understand is why they need written confirmation from me to tell them whether I want PR or RC.
Obie and members should share ideas.
THANKS
hi nannadoo, long time no see, hope things are ok with.
i think the HO is just stalling, send them whatever they ask.
nanndoo do your remember how long it took you to get a COA to acknowledge your application? i sent mine 2 months ago and still no COA

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Vegeta,
It took 3 weeks for m to get the COA.

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Right of Residence

Post by nanaaddo80 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi,
I phone the ukba today and been told my case is completed on 28/07/2010 and awaiting dispatch.I tried to find out what the decision was but they couldnot disclose it I was told.
Fingers cross.

coolcalm
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: Retain Right of Residence

Post by coolcalm » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 pm

nanaaddo80 wrote:Hi,
I phone the ukba today and been told my case is completed on 28/07/2010 and awaiting dispatch.I tried to find out what the decision was but they couldnot disclose it I was told.
Fingers cross.
Did you reply to HO earlier letter about your asylum in 2002? I got similar letter recently and I am not sure whether to ignore the letter or reply since I am also awaiting decision on my PR/EEA4 application

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Rtained Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:36 am

Hi,
Yes I did reply to the asylum letter bringing to their attention my documents are with the liverpool office and that I am under european law.
Do not ignore their letter, it might come back to hunt you.
All the best

jude
Junior Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:39 am
Location: Reading

Re: Retain Right of Residence

Post by jude » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 pm

No need to worry urself. HO will no tell u the decision coz of security reason. they always say u will get it within 4-6weeks , but mine took just 2 weeks and 1 days on saturday. I know u will get it for sure.
hallo

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retaind Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi Jude,
Welcome back and thanks for encouragement

Locked
cron