Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Retaining Right of Residence following Divorce

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

Nira wrote: So my main question is: should those 5 years of Treaty rights be the years of marriage or those 5 years period starts at the time he started exercising treaty rights (back in 2005)?
Your rights of residence depend on living with a family member who is living in accordance with the regulations. Working would be considered living in accordance with the regs as would PR. It sounds like you would be able to retain rights of residence from the information you have posted. It also sounds like you are very close to achieving PR in your own right.

Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Nira » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you very much for your clarification.