ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retaining Right of Residence following Divorce

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 pm

I am not judging. Just curious. Marry an EEA girl, cope with it for 4-5 years, get permanent residence, say good-bye to the girl. Convenient isn't it ??
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

datuchi
BANNED
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: NW London

Post by datuchi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Mate, there you are again with you smug comments... asking "dumb" questions as if you can't read for yourself what the thread is about. Caught you out again, haven't I... I did have a reason to have a go at you in the other thread and it's a SHAME that the moderators turn a blind eye to what is happening... you provoke people to have reactions to your stupid comments. Innocent till proven guilty, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in this particular thread which warrants your disrespectful comments... I wish someone answered: "yes, as a matter of fact, it is the very thread you suggested, what then?"

Archigabe, mate, have a word, will you? I am only maintaining my cool not to get banned otherwise I would have poured all sorts over you... inwarsaw.






inwarsaw wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm

datuchi wrote:Mate, there you are again with you smug comments... asking "dumb" questions as if you can't read for yourself what the thread is about. Caught you out again, haven't I... I did have a reason to have a go at you in the other thread and it's a SHAME that the moderators turn a blind eye to what is happening... you provoke people to have reactions to your stupid comments. Innocent till proven guilty, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in this particular thread which warrants your disrespectful comments... I wish someone answered: "yes, as a matter of fact, it is the very thread you suggested, what then?"

Archigabe, mate, have a word, will you? I am only maintaining my cool not to get banned otherwise I would have poured all sorts over you... inwarsaw.






inwarsaw wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?
Looks like I have touched the nerve.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

datuchi
BANNED
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: NW London

Post by datuchi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:49 pm

:lol:
If I'm on thin ice for my comments, you should be under thick one, you annoying little dearly beloved saddo.
:lol:



inwarsaw wrote:
datuchi wrote:Mate, there you are again with you smug comments... asking "dumb" questions as if you can't read for yourself what the thread is about. Caught you out again, haven't I... I did have a reason to have a go at you in the other thread and it's a SHAME that the moderators turn a blind eye to what is happening... you provoke people to have reactions to your stupid comments. Innocent till proven guilty, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in this particular thread which warrants your disrespectful comments... I wish someone answered: "yes, as a matter of fact, it is the very thread you suggested, what then?"

Archigabe, mate, have a word, will you? I am only maintaining my cool not to get banned otherwise I would have poured all sorts over you... inwarsaw.






inwarsaw wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?
Looks like I have touched the nerve.
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.

nanaaddo80
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: North London

Retain Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi inwarsaw,
I'll appreciate it very much if you dont use my thread for unjustified and silly comments.If you have no relevant contribution to make just dont write anything.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WARNED

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 am

datuchi wrote::lol:
If I'm on thin ice for my comments, you should be under thick one, you annoying little dearly beloved saddo.
:lol:



inwarsaw wrote:
datuchi wrote:Mate, there you are again with you smug comments... asking "dumb" questions as if you can't read for yourself what the thread is about. Caught you out again, haven't I... I did have a reason to have a go at you in the other thread and it's a SHAME that the moderators turn a blind eye to what is happening... you provoke people to have reactions to your stupid comments. Innocent till proven guilty, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in this particular thread which warrants your disrespectful comments... I wish someone answered: "yes, as a matter of fact, it is the very thread you suggested, what then?"

Archigabe, mate, have a word, will you? I am only maintaining my cool not to get banned otherwise I would have poured all sorts over you... inwarsaw.






inwarsaw wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?
Looks like I have touched the nerve.
.....yawns
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Retain Rights

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 am

nanaaddo80 wrote:Hi inwarsaw,
I'll appreciate it very much if you dont use my thread for unjustified and silly comments.If you have no relevant contribution to make just dont write anything.BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WARNED
contribution ? what kind of ? advise on how to dodge the system for example ?

to you and datuchi, warning me to stop posting my thoughts here....there is a thing called freedom of speech and expression. Get real sirs.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

cabarete
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 am

Post by cabarete » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 am

inwarsaw wrote:Is this thread the one for those non-EEA guys who married EEA wives and after 4-5 years, are now in the process of divorcing ?
for a senior member of a forum dedicated to advise inmigrants that come here to live, you sure are helpful.

now, mister what would you do? after you travel half around the world to meet someone you love and after 4-5 years as you say, get divorced?....

you could go home, of course,

HOWEVER

you can also stay here LEGALLY

without asking anything for free to anyone

and that is what we're doing here

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am

cabarete wrote: for a senior member of a forum dedicated to advise inmigrants that come here to live, you sure are helpful.
I am a senior member ?? thanks for the complement :)
cabarete wrote: now, mister what would you do? after you travel half around the world to meet someone you love and after 4-5 years as you say, get divorced?....
First of all, if my travelling around half of the world as you said, was for being with the love of my life, then what on earth could kill this love as quick as in 4-5 years ?

I don't see any reason unless of course, I get married with the intention of being married for 4-5 years.
cabarete wrote:you could go home, of course,
HOWEVER

you can also stay here LEGALLY
Sure. No wonder then more and more locals of UK and Ireland are fed up with their immigration.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

cabarete
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 am

Post by cabarete » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 am

so now you're a marriage advisor as well?

i won't waste my with you, so i'll just leave it at that

enjoy poland or wherever you live, inmigrant free as you clearly hope

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am

cabarete wrote:so now you're a marriage advisor as well?

i won't waste my with you, so i'll just leave it at that

enjoy poland or wherever you live, inmigrant free as you clearly hope
I wish I was marriage advisor, I would be a rich man. And I am immigrant myself so why would I be for 'immigrant-free' or something ??

My only question is, why does love finish after 4-5 years ? first people come and say they are all in love, want to marry, live together bla bla......after 4-5 years they come and say they are done with love, relationship and the sort and want divorce AND retain the visa status in UK OR IRELAND...

Funny isn't it ??
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Trent
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Trent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 am

inwarsaw wrote: First of all, if my travelling around half of the world as you said, was for being with the love of my life, then what on earth could kill this love as quick as in 4-5 years ?


You clearly don't have much experience in relationships. Could this explain your bitterness? Or could you just be trolling? I suspect the latter which is why I would advise others just ignore this attention seeker.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 am

Trent wrote:
inwarsaw wrote: First of all, if my travelling around half of the world as you said, was for being with the love of my life, then what on earth could kill this love as quick as in 4-5 years ?


You clearly don't have much experience in relationships. Could this explain your bitterness? Or could you just be trolling? I suspect the latter which is why I would advise others just ignore this attention seeker.

You are right, I don't have any experience in 'relationship for visa', the one which people in this thread seem to have had just to keep their asses in UK and Ireland.

I am not bitter by the way, just skeptical and would like to know how can people be this much pathetic to ruin someone's life for securing their immigration status.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Trent
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Trent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 pm

inwarsaw wrote:You are right, I don't have any experience in 'relationship for visa', the one which people in this thread seem to have had just to keep their asses in UK and Ireland.

I am not bitter by the way, just skeptical and would like to know how can people be this much pathetic to ruin someone's life for securing their immigration status.
Don't put words in my mouth. Your accusations are unfounded, you have no proof.

Every couple has ups and downs, people change, circumstances evolve, sometimes there is no middle ground anymore. Do you think every relationship is rosey-eyed and all beautiful from beginning to end? If that is what a relationship means to you then I think you need to stay in your Peter-pan book. But I don't think you are that obtuse really, just trying to get a reaction.

Your sentiment of revulsion could be justified in those cases where it is true, and yes there must exist some. But you can't accuse people without evidence.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Trent wrote:
Don't put words in my mouth. Your accusations are unfounded, you have no proof.

Every couple has ups and downs, people change, circumstances evolve, sometimes there is no middle ground anymore. Do you think every relationship is rosey-eyed and all beautiful from beginning to end? If that is what a relationship means to you then I think you need to stay in your Peter-pan book. But I don't think you are that obtuse really, just trying to get a reaction.

Your sentiment of revulsion could be justified in those cases where it is true, and yes there must exist some. But you can't accuse people without evidence.
Proof ? I never said I am here to prove anything. I just don't understand why the people, relationship, circumstances change after 4-5 years of marriage ??

Such marriages are supposed to be of far more speciality since, apparently, you don't care about the huge cultural, religious, social and lifestyle differences because 'you are in love'.

But once the permanent residence is reached, the love gets punctured.

Too simple to be true.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Trent
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Trent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Proof ? I never said I am here to prove anything. I just don't understand why the people, relationship, circumstances change after 4-5 years of marriage ??


So you admit to making baseless accusations.

Nothing has changed in your life in 4-5 years? Must be pretty boring!
inwarsaw wrote:Such marriages are supposed to be of far more speciality since, apparently, you don't care about the huge cultural, religious, social and lifestyle differences because 'you are in love'.
How long do marriages last where the issues you list do not exist? Surely by your very own line of reasoning, you can see why there would be MORE pressure on a relationship. I think you're losing focus here, time to pack your bags and troll somewhere else?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Trent wrote: So you admit to making baseless accusations.
I didn't accuse anyone. I am just curious !
Trent wrote:Nothing has changed in your life in 4-5 years? Must be pretty boring!
Haha so according to your reasoning, people should change wives to make their life interesting ????

Trent wrote:How long do marriages last where the issues you list do not exist? Surely by your very own line of reasoning, you can see why there would be MORE pressure on a relationship. I think you're losing focus here, time to pack your bags and troll somewhere else?
By saying this you are actually supporting my view. If there is possibility of "more pressure" on such marriages, why do marry in the first place ?? ( to secure visa )
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Trent
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Trent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:01 pm

inwarsaw wrote:You are right, I don't have any experience in 'relationship for visa', the one which people in this thread seem to have had just to keep their asses in UK and Ireland.
inwarsaw wrote:I didn't accuse anyone. I am just curious !
That looks like an accusation to me.
inwarsaw wrote:Haha so according to your reasoning, people should change wives to make their life interesting ????
Changing circumstances and people growing in different ways, you're deliberately misinterpreting what I am saying.
inwarsaw wrote:By saying this you are actually supporting my view. If there is possibility of "more pressure" on such marriages, why do marry in the first place ??
Because you love them? Is that a strange concept for you? Or does their marriage have to comply with your actuarial risk tables before you can accept it as bona fide?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 pm

So you are telling me you fall in love, you get married, stay for 4-5 years,
your circumstances change AFTER your immigration status is safe and then divorce. Thats very convenient isn't it ??

You are talking loud about relationships but you are forgetting a thing called commitment, without which no relationship can work.

Its a different question though whether you are committed to the person or to the EU passport.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Ben
Diamond Member
Posts: 2685
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Give over inwarsaw, would you? It's getting tiresome now.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Locked
cron