ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETLMENT VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nomi123
Newly Registered

SETLMENT VISA

Post by nomi123 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi guys this is my second post in last few days i,m trying to find a good lawyer for applying eeafp for uk.
My wife she is from nl lives in uk she couldn,t find job yet so can we still apply for eeafp is there any other options that if we can show some saving in bank account and apply for eeafp please help me thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 14, 2008 11:28 pm

EEA treaty rights can only be exercised when the required criteria are being met. If your Dutch wife is not presently working in the UK then she can not exercise her worker rights in regards EEA family permit.

However there are other ways - "self sufficient" under the treaty is one way, not very common and causes all sorts of hassle when trying to get EEA Family Permit.

See caseworker guidance - which is easier to understand than the law.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

My advice is for your wife to get a job, any type of paid employment.
UK is not short of jobs, does not matter if it is a fast food joint, retail, catering any low end role just to get employment. Does not matter how particularly well paid it is either. It is the easiest way to exercise treaty right.

EEA application does not need a lawyer, good or not! Meet the criteria and fill in the paperwork, which is not difficult, supply the evidence and wait....& wait... 6 months is the legal max timescale for EEA residence to be issued.

Guidance notes for EEA family permit application see link below
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... f5guidance