ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLE STATUS BRC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vetchololass87
Mood:

SETTLE STATUS BRC

Post by vetchololass87 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:31 am

Hello

I was granted settle status and I still have my pre settle status BRC (EXP DATE JAN 2025)

Thinking about it, I did over complicate the situation unnecessarily

I have applied for BRC settle status and we all know that HO can take ages just for a simple BRC upgrade.

I do travel abroad every month for work. Here is my question:

Let's say I'm abroad with my Pre-settle status BRC as usual, what happened if the HO generates my NEW BRC settle status while abroad? My old pre settle status will be cancelled and I won't be able to board the flight? Airlines company only need to see a physical document or can they check if the document has been cancelled? And once in the UK I should be fine with my old pre settle status BRC? What is the procedure in this scenario please

Hope the above makes sense Thank You

alterhase58
Germany

Re: SETTLE STATUS BRC

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:44 am

Airlines expect to see a valid document (visa, BRC or BRP card). They are not in a position to interogate Home Office databases. Once at the UK border you can explain and perhaps take copies of emails with you, or use the egates if you can.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Re: SETTLE STATUS BRC... KAMOE your help please

Post by vetchololass87 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Thanks again alterhase58 for your advice.

So basically, I can take my pre-settle BRC every time I travel regardless of when the HO sends me the new settle status BRC... However, Is the old pre settle BRC will not be cancelled as soon as the new one is generated?

Thank You

kamoe

Re: SETTLE STATUS BRC... KAMOE your help please

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:36 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:20 pm
So basically, I can take my pre-settle BRC every time I travel regardless of when the HO sends me the new settle status BRC
Yes. As long as the expiration date printed on it as not passed, the airlines will accept it. Then when at the UK airport, your status shows up in current and old BRC cards, I have tried all combinations and it has always worked (see below).
However, Is the old pre settle BRC will not be cancelled as soon as the new one is generated?
At least old EEA RCs were not cancelled, I'm assuming the same can be said of old EUSS RCs (See this post). To be on the safe side, you could generate a share code to prove your status to show the UK immigration agent on arrival.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:18 pm

Thank You kamoe, it is all clear now, my actual pre settle status expiration date is JAN 2025 so all good.

Coming back to the UK, I thought the HO can see my status (settle status) on their system based on my name and DOB?? I check my status online using my actual pre settle status BRC and it is showing my settle status.

Thank You

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:19 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:18 pm
Coming back to the UK, I thought the HO can see my status (settle status) on their system based on my name and DOB??
From what I've observed, UK border agents scan the relevant document (passport, BRC, BRP) and this triggers the person's history and status automatically on their screen. But I think this only happens when scanning the document liked to the status (usually passport foe EU nationals, BRC for non-EU nationals). I have never seen a border officer actually type any details, just scan documents. But that is probably because I have always produced the relevant document.
I check my status online using my actual pre settle status BRC and it is showing my settle status.
Then this should do the trick.

I say to prepare a share code, just... in case. Just to cover all your bases, but you likely won't need it.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.