ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLE STATUS RESIDENCE CARD expire date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vetchololass87
Mood:

SETTLE STATUS RESIDENCE CARD expire date

Post by vetchololass87 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:13 pm

Hello

Just a little clarification i need.

I have settle status and my residence card will expire in December 2024 (like all residence cards), what is happening after that date?

How are we getting new cards with the indefinite/settle status on it, i think it should be 10 years?
for example 2025-2035?

Anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SETTLE STATUS RESIDENCE CARD expire date

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:52 pm

It will become entirely digital, there won't be any physical cards.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:52 pm
How will airlines companies will let you board in without a physical document? specially in Africa?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:07 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:59 pm
CR001 wrote:
How will airlines companies will let you board in without a physical document? specially in Africa?
This is something Home Office would have to figure out and facilitate. We don't know their inner workings.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:18 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:07 pm
vetchololass87 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
This is something Home Office would have to figure out and facilitate. We don't know their inner workings.
Home office always has a skill to make easy situations complicated, i weren't looking at applying a the citizenship, but looks like that's the only peaceful way. The new digital system might create discrimination and more complications...specially when abroad and boarding to the UK.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:18 pm
meself2 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:07 pm
vetchololass87 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Home office always has a skill to make easy situations complicated, i weren't looking at applying a the citizenship, but looks like that's the only peaceful way. The new digital system might create discrimination and more complications...specially when abroad and boarding to the UK.
It already does.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:31 pm

I think the plan is to expand the procedures already in place to prove your right to work and rent.

The idea is that the airline staff will be able to access the website to view your immigration status and verify your status digitally.

Heavens forfend if the website goes down or if there is a massive data hack (putting eggs in one basket, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:46 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:31 pm
I think the plan is to expand the procedures already in place to prove your right to work and rent.

The idea is that the airline staff will be able to access the website to view your immigration status and verify your status digitally.

Heavens forfend if the website goes down or if there is a massive data hack (putting eggs in one basket, etc).
Agreed. This is really forcing me to spend £1330 for naturalisation that I wasn’t ready for but have to now. I would have had to at some point but just now now. Oh well …