ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLE STATUS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vetchololass87
Mood:

SETTLE STATUS

Post by vetchololass87 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 pm

Hello

I need your opinions please.

26/09/2022 Settle status granted
Actually i still have my pre-settle status BRC expires in Jan 2025

From my understandings i can apply for naturalization in Nov 2023.

Here is my question do i need to update my actual BRC to settle status BRC before applying for the naturalization?

Or i can apply next year using my pre- settle status card (Jan 2025) to apply for naturalization next year?

Thank You

alterhase58
Germany

Re: SETTLE STATUS

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:23 pm

vetchololass87 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 pm
Hello

I need your opinions please.

26/09/2022 Settle status granted
Actually i still have my pre-settle status BRC expires in Jan 2025

From my understandings i can apply for naturalization in Nov 2023. Actually you could apply after 26 Sep 2023 it's 12 months after gaining status - unless you are spouse of a British citizen, then you could apply now.

Here is my question do i need to update my actual BRC to settle status BRC before applying for the naturalization? No.

Or i can apply next year using my pre- settle status card (Jan 2025) to apply for naturalization next year? Yes. The card is just a document confirming you have status - you are on the UKVI system - it's a "digital status"!

Thank You
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:25 am

Thank You alterhase58i appreciate

Last one question, i were told that for life in the UK test, i will need a settle status BRC card to prove my identity in order to book the test can you please confirm?

And when can i book the test? 26th September 2023?

Thank You

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:18 am

vetchololass87 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:25 am

Last one question, i were told that for life in the UK test, i will need a settle status BRC card to prove my identity in order to book the test can you please confirm?

And when can i book the test? 26th September 2023? You could book it now if you are ready - it's valid for life!

Thank You
From the LITUK booking website - https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test:
Quote:
"Accepted forms of ID
You can use one of the following as ID to book the test:

valid passport
valid travel document with a photo (you cannot use an emergency travel document)
biometric residence permit
biometric residence card
Check the ‘Identification requirements’ document to make sure the ID you have is acceptable.

Email nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk for help if you do not have any of these documents.

The name you give on your test booking must be an exact match with the name on the ID you use to book the test."

Recommend you post citizenship questions in the "British Citizenship" forum british-citizenship/
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vetchololass87
Mood:

Post by vetchololass87 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:21 am