ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled / Pre-settled Status biometric cards

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamoe

Settled / Pre-settled Status biometric cards

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:17 am

In answer to:
aarshad01 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 am
i got my settle status email but didnt get any biometric card - does anyone got any card for NON EEA nationals ???

i spoke with EEA helpline - but i guess they are dumbhead telling me, i will not get it as this email is the proof of my status or they can verify online - but when i asked him - how someone will verify if i am outside UK, then he said its a good question!!
This is what the HO has to say (https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ve-applied):
You’ll get proof of your status through an online service. You will not get a physical document unless both of the following apply:

you’re from outside the EU
you do not already have a biometric residence card
From the above, if you already hold a BRC you will not be issued a new card with your Settled / Pre-Settled status, and you can/should/are supposed to use your current BRC to gain entry into the UK. If, on the contrary, you do not have a BRC, when you get your Settled-Pre settled status you will be issued a card to show for it.

It is also reasonable to assume that if you are a non-EU citizen with Setled-Pre settled status, once your current BRC expires, either on its expiraiton date, or on Dec 31st 2020, you will be issued a new card to show for your Settled / Pre-Settled status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Settled / Pre-settled Status biometric cards

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm

thank you