ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settled status granted - EU settlement scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mango_pulp
Newly Registered
Brazil

settled status granted - EU settlement scheme

Post by mango_pulp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:08 pm

i have been granted settled status as a non-eea family member of eu national. i have been living and working in the uk since 6 years but married to eu national only since 3 years.

it seems like they checked my NI records and decided to grant me the settled status.
i am confused now as to what should i do i.e. write to UKVI and tell them to change to pre-settled or keep it. i am thinking when i ll apply for naturalisation and if this comes to light at that time then what impact will this have on my status at that time.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: settled status granted - EU settlement scheme

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:50 pm

mango_pulp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:08 pm
i have been granted settled status as a non-eea family member of eu national. i have been living and working in the uk since 6 years but married to eu national only since 3 years.

it seems like they checked my NI records and decided to grant me the settled status.
i am confused now as to what should i do i.e. write to UKVI and tell them to change to pre-settled or keep it. i am thinking when i ll apply for naturalisation and if this comes to light at that time then what impact will this have on my status at that time.
Believe or not one of my friend applied fir visa extension and HO send him ILR instead. He reached back to them to notify the mistake and HO said whats been done us done.
If your status has been granted its from HO not from local shop. So no one can blame you for their mistake even if its a mistake. To me i would had kept it. Upto u what you decide with urs

mango_pulp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mango_pulp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:15 pm

is there any law or HO guidance which confirms what you are saying i.e. when a status is granted even if its not correct , HO will stand by their decision?

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:50 pm

mango_pulp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:15 pm
is there any law or HO guidance which confirms what you are saying i.e. when a status is granted even if its not correct , HO will stand by their decision?
I don’t think so thats why i was struggling to believe what I saw

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 pm

I would suggest you contact them and let them know about their decision will be better and easier for your future naturalisation application :idea:

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Do let us know the response

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 am

mango_pulp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi my friend that's great news
Could you tell me on what visa you was on before you got married thank you

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:23 am

On what visa you was on before you got married

mango_pulp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mango_pulp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 pm

i was on Tier 2 visa.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Thanks lot for ur reply and they requested any more information from after u submitted ur application and how long took u to get ur status
Thanks for ur reply