Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status processing times

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Davidclr
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Brazil

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Davidclr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am

diamond45 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 am
LM2 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Non EU Family mb
- Application submitted and online payment: 06/02/2019
- Pre-settled status granted: 08/02/2019
Hi LM2,
Did you apply alone non EU Family mb without your EU SPONSOR.
I asked this because just wondering if non EU family member can apply without his/her EU partner.
That would be a loophole.

if for whatever reason your partner does not want to apply for the scheme, you are in a loophole, lets say;

you arrived in the UK as a student, working and paying tax, etc... and stay for 3 years, met you partner and got a RC 2 years ago. so you have a RC for 2 years, you have been in the UK for 5 years in total. you are entitled to settled status according to the the settlement scheme. however,

The HO Can't give you settled status because that would be as if they were speeding up your process because would take you another 3 year to be able to apply to Indefinite leave to remain. and off course the processing time, requirements, etc... through the normal process.

The HO also can't give you pre settled status because that is the wrong status for as you are entitled to settled status.

They also can't refuse your application as it would be bad data for them. and wrong.

It is a catch 22. you are stuck. you file will be put aside as dealing with would take time. and is also impossible

personal opinion,

The HO will wait until you 30 of March and send you an email saying, "we appreciate that you applied for the settled scheme during the test phase. but as the UK reached a deal with the EU or as the Uk will postpone brexit or as the UK is no longer leave, your application is no longer need, you will need to go through the normal process in order to get an ILR in future.

Good luck!

Davidclr
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Brazil

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Davidclr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 am

rooibos wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:14 am
Davidclr wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:39 pm

.

I would be careful about not applying though. depending on how things unfold you may get stuck in the 17 years paper work that the HO will have to go in order to register everyone if you apply after 30th of March.
I don't get where the 17 years after the 30 March come from. Are you saying the HO will use different parameters after the 30 March?
don't worry if you don't get it straight away. the reports from the HO was written with that intention.

I will try to break it down.

the second Phase has been so far the most successful. the HO had its best capabilities for this phase. the largest number of staff, etc...

Private beta phase 2 still only straight forward( pre approved cases)
29,987 applications submitted from 1 November to 21 December 2018 ( 8 weeks)v 3.749 decisions a week
27,211 decisions had been made
2,776 left with no decision( about 9.3%)

now if you calculated that in the best case scenario, the HO could deal with 3.749 cases a week and one year has 52 weeks. they can reach 195.000 decisions a year.

from 30th of March the scheme will be fully open. 3.5 million EU citizen and family members are supposed to apply for the settlement scheme. 195.000 x 17 = 3.3 million.

( I made a mistake before, it would take more than 17 years to analyse all cases, and 14 years to analyse the straightforward cases only. )

that without taking into consideration that people arrive and leave the uk every Year.

Just want to mention that there is no possible way I can guarantee that I am right. this is just me breaking the available online data online down. It is very likely that I am WRONG.

don't feel discouraged to apply. it is just that is always better to be a bit more informed before any decision. so do you homework and do some research yourself .

Good Luck!

cacticoconut
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by cacticoconut » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Has anyone else gotten their settled status in less than 24 hours? Both me and my mum applied on Thursday and by Friday morning we were both approved for settled status. I was especially surprised at how quick mine was because I had to send evidence to prove my residence.

kamoe
Senior Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm

Davidclr wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am
That would be a loophole.
You are misinterpreting the the issue here.

A non-EU national can indeed apply without their EU national family member applying. It is recommended they both apply, as this way their application will be linked and more straightforward, but this is not necessary (for example, for non-EU family members of Irish citizens).
if for whatever reason your partner does not want to apply for the scheme, you are in a loophole, lets say;

you arrived in the UK as a student, working and paying tax, etc... and stay for 3 years, met you partner and got a RC 2 years ago. so you have a RC for 2 years, you have been in the UK for 5 years in total. you are entitled to settled status according to the the settlement scheme.
This has been widely discussed in a number of posts in this forum:

Q: For non-Eu nationals, does time spent under other visa categories, other than EEA RC and RC Family permits, count towards the 5 years needed for settled status?

A: To the best of the understanding of the members of this forum, the answer has always been NO. Only time spend under EEA route counts.

(Now, this is an understanding and not, as of yet, a proven and empirical confirmation of how settled status works, as seems like all those interesting non-EU cases with more than 5 years under different visa categories are the ones being held for the end).

Part of the confusion, I believe, is the fact that the wording the HO uses to describe the "entitlement" for Settled Status does not clarify its audience. It says that as long as "you" have spent more than 5 years in the UK "you" will be granted settled status, but it is very likely that "you" only applies to EU citizens, not their non-EU family members. This, I believe, is a massive oversight on the part of the HO, as applicants to the scheme include non-EU family members, and thus they should really clarify what conditions apply specifically to non-EU members.

Example: I have spent over 9 years in the UK, and only 3 as a RC holder. Yet I was offered Settled Status at the end of my submission. My application is almost two weeks old and I'm still waiting a decision. I see other non-EU applications being decided within two days, with Pre-Settled status as an outcome. I would have though my application had a straightforward Pre-Settled outcome, as only 3 years under RC. So how come it has not yet been decided?

My only explanation and personal opinion is that it is eerily very possible that the HO has simply not thought this through and they have not laid out clearly what the outcome should be in these cases of non-EU applicants having spent over 5 years in other visa categories. And that this is the reason these applications are taking so much longer. Because they don't know what to do with us!


The HO Can't give you settled status because that would be as if they were speeding up your process because would take you another 3 year to be able to apply to Indefinite leave to remain.
I don't this is necessarily in conflict. If they laid out clear legislation that entitles people who meet certain conditions to Settled Status, then if a person meets those conditions, the fact that they also meet conditions to attain ILR via other routes with less advantageous conditions should not be a reason not to grant them this. People often have different options for different visas and residence permits, and they can choose the best route for their case.
The HO also can't give you pre settled status because that is the wrong status for as you are entitled to settled status.
As explained above, the issue could be, precisely, that it is not clear if in these case you are entitled to Settled Status or not.
They also can't refuse your application as it would be bad data for them. and wrong.
I... do not think they can legally do this.
It is a catch 22. you are stuck. you file will be put aside as dealing with would take time.
Back to base 1 of this discussion!
The HO will wait until you 30 of March and send you an email saying, "we appreciate that you applied for the settled scheme during the test phase. but as the UK reached a deal with the EU or as the Uk will postpone brexit or as the UK is no longer leave, your application is no longer need, you will need to go through the normal process in order to get an ILR in future.

Good luck!
The only scenario where I could see this happening is if Brexit was cancelled, in which case, I think people would be offered the option of withdrawing the applciation. But since the Windrush scandal, I think there would be still grounds to argue the process is still valid to establish legal residence of Eu nationals, do I don't think it will be scraped altogether in a no-Brexit scenario, it would just become less urgent.
My posts express my personal opinion, to the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

LM2
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by LM2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 pm

@diamond45
Yes i applied on my own, supporting doc, my rc, my passport mussis passport n pr, 2yr council tax, birth certificate

diamond45
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by diamond45 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am

LM2 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 pm
@diamond45
Yes i applied on my own, supporting doc, my rc, my passport mussis passport n pr, 2yr council tax, birth certificate
LM2,
Many thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Congrats
Again.

David,
Thank you for your comment.

Good luck everyone. I will see and try EU Settlement Scheme. The last option for me is application for Naturalisation as my PR card expired on 2022.

PLUZZ
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by PLUZZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 am

LM2 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 pm
@diamond45
Yes i applied on my own, supporting doc, my rc, my passport mussis passport n pr, 2yr council tax, birth certificate
So how did you submit the supporting documents? Did you have to scan them to HO or you sent them by post?

Davidclr
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Brazil

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Davidclr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

LM2 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 pm
@diamond45
Yes i applied on my own, supporting doc, my rc, my passport mussis passport n pr, 2yr council tax, birth certificate
Hi LM2,

Congratulations!

How long have you had your R.C for ?

Thanks,

Davidclr
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Brazil

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Davidclr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 am

kamoe wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm
Davidclr wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am
That would be a loophole.
You are misinterpreting the the issue here.

A non-EU national can indeed apply without their EU national family member applying. It is recommended they both apply, as this way their application will be linked and more straightforward, but this is not necessary (for example, for non-EU family members of Irish citizens).
if for whatever reason your partner does not want to apply for the scheme, you are in a loophole, lets say;

you arrived in the UK as a student, working and paying tax, etc... and stay for 3 years, met you partner and got a RC 2 years ago. so you have a RC for 2 years, you have been in the UK for 5 years in total. you are entitled to settled status according to the the settlement scheme.
This has been widely discussed in a number of posts in this forum:

Q: For non-Eu nationals, does time spent under other visa categories, other than EEA RC and RC Family permits, count towards the 5 years needed for settled status?

A: To the best of the understanding of the members of this forum, the answer has always been NO. Only time spend under EEA route counts.

(Now, this is an understanding and not, as of yet, a proven and empirical confirmation of how settled status works, as seems like all those interesting non-EU cases with more than 5 years under different visa categories are the ones being held for the end).

Part of the confusion, I believe, is the fact that the wording the HO uses to describe the "entitlement" for Settled Status does not clarify its audience. It says that as long as "you" have spent more than 5 years in the UK "you" will be granted settled status, but it is very likely that "you" only applies to EU citizens, not their non-EU family members. This, I believe, is a massive oversight on the part of the HO, as applicants to the scheme include non-EU family members, and thus they should really clarify what conditions apply specifically to non-EU members.

Example: I have spent over 9 years in the UK, and only 3 as a RC holder. Yet I was offered Settled Status at the end of my submission. My application is almost two weeks old and I'm still waiting a decision. I see other non-EU applications being decided within two days, with Pre-Settled status as an outcome. I would have though my application had a straightforward Pre-Settled outcome, as only 3 years under RC. So how come it has not yet been decided?

My only explanation and personal opinion is that it is eerily very possible that the HO has simply not thought this through and they have not laid out clearly what the outcome should be in these cases of non-EU applicants having spent over 5 years in other visa categories. And that this is the reason these applications are taking so much longer. Because they don't know what to do with us!


The HO Can't give you settled status because that would be as if they were speeding up your process because would take you another 3 year to be able to apply to Indefinite leave to remain.
I don't this is necessarily in conflict. If they laid out clear legislation that entitles people who meet certain conditions to Settled Status, then if a person meets those conditions, the fact that they also meet conditions to attain ILR via other routes with less advantageous conditions should not be a reason not to grant them this. People often have different options for different visas and residence permits, and they can choose the best route for their case.
The HO also can't give you pre settled status because that is the wrong status for as you are entitled to settled status.
As explained above, the issue could be, precisely, that it is not clear if in these case you are entitled to Settled Status or not.
They also can't refuse your application as it would be bad data for them. and wrong.
I... do not think they can legally do this.
It is a catch 22. you are stuck. you file will be put aside as dealing with would take time.
Back to base 1 of this discussion!
The HO will wait until you 30 of March and send you an email saying, "we appreciate that you applied for the settled scheme during the test phase. but as the UK reached a deal with the EU or as the Uk will postpone brexit or as the UK is no longer leave, your application is no longer need, you will need to go through the normal process in order to get an ILR in future.

Good luck!
The only scenario where I could see this happening is if Brexit was cancelled, in which case, I think people would be offered the option of withdrawing the applciation. But since the Windrush scandal, I think there would be still grounds to argue the process is still valid to establish legal residence of Eu nationals, do I don't think it will be scraped altogether in a no-Brexit scenario, it would just become less urgent.
kamoe,

you are right! I could be misinterpreting everything. so could everyone else. there is clarification about the whole scheme. we are blindly trying to put some information together and predict what could be the outcome.

There are other situations which would have no resolution. for example; ( and this is a common one)

someone from Argentina who has been living in the UK for 6 years, but only recently decided to apply to a Italian passport through Jus sanguinis (ex; the Grandfather of this individual was Italian ). so this person possess a European passport for 6 months but has been in uk for over 6 years. would this person qualify for pre settled or settled status ?

In your case, you have a RC for 3 years, if you get pre settled status is exactly as if you had lost your RC and applied for a new one. you can wait 5 years, or 2 more years under pre settled status and then apply for settled status( ILR).

if what you are saying is case. in reality the settlement is scheme is nothing but downgrading of status for everyone who apply. for example;

EU citizen living in the UK for more then 5 years will downgrade their status to ILR.

EU citizen living in the UK for less than 5 years will downgrade their status to RC.

RC holders will downgrade their status from a physical RC to a email saying that they have pre settled status.

the danger is, going back to your case. if you get pre settled status, and have to wait another 2 years to apply for settled status. there is no guarantee that after 2020 the rules will be the same.

The same apply for anyone who gets pre settled status but will only complete the 5 years necessary to apply for settled status after 2020.

even worse, after 2020 all these people will no longer be under the ECJ. their fate could change at anytime.

The complexity lies on the lack of information.

but let's what has been happening recently,

Liam fox( Secretary of State for International Trade ) travels around the world pretending he is closing deals that in reality He can not do.

Christopher Grayling (Secretary of State for Transport) award the £13.8m contract to Seaborne Freight to run ferries between Ramsgate and Ostend. a company with no ships, no money, no physical infrastructure and no contract with ports.

and Now the HO starting a Scheme with not enough staff, hiding information, etc...

it looks exactly the same situation. it all looks like a pretending game. remember "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

you seem to be a very well educated person. anyone can put 2 and 2 together and see that it does not look good.

anyway, lets hope I am Wrong!

good luck everyone!

kamoe
Senior Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Davidclr wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 am
someone from Argentina who has been living in the UK for 6 years, but only recently decided to apply to a Italian passport through Jus sanguinis (ex; the Grandfather of this individual was Italian ). so this person possess a European passport for 6 months but has been in uk for over 6 years. would this person qualify for pre settled or settled status ?
What a fascinating case! I suppose it depends on how EU legislation considers the issue:

A) Was this person Italian at birth, because his grandfather was, and his Italian paperwork is just a confirmation of his right to Italian nationality; or

B) Did they become Italian when their papers were issued?

I would think, A leads to Settled status, B to Pre-Settled status. But that's just my opinion. Does anybody know for sure?
In your case, you have a RC for 3 years, if you get pre settled status is exactly as if you had lost your RC and applied for a new one. you can wait 5 years, or 2 more years under pre settled status and then apply for settled status( ILR).
Since I still have my RC with the cumulated 3 years on it, getting Pre-Settled status is exactly the same as not having applied at all. I have gained nothing, lost nothing.
if what you are saying is case. in reality the settlement is scheme is nothing but downgrading of status for everyone who apply. for example;
The Settlement scheme does NOT cancel out all other immigration routes. Therefore it is not a downgrade.
EU citizen living in the UK for more then 5 years will downgrade their status to ILR.
Not a downgrade. Quite the opposite: An additional confirmation of their right to remain in the UK indefinitely. They already had one under EU law, they just gained another through the UK rules.
EU citizen living in the UK for less than 5 years will downgrade their status to RC.
I think you meant "downgrade to Pre-Settled"? If so, As explained above, "Pre-Settled" is not really a downgrade from an RC. Quite the contrary, is a bonus. You get an equivalent confirmation of your rights, this time under UK law. You still have your RC card that proves how much time you have been in the UK, and you do not "lose" this time. In other words, your RC card is not canceled, the clock is not reset, you do not have to wait another 5 years just because you got Pre-Settled status.
RC holders will downgrade their status from a physical RC to a email saying that they have pre settled status.
Nope. Your RC card remains valid and you can still use it to gain entry to the UK. It is my understanding that once your RC card expires, if you have Pre-Setled status, you will be issued a new phisical card to show for it.
the danger is, going back to your case. if you get pre settled status, and have to wait another 2 years to apply for settled status.
I would have to wait 2 more years on my RC anyways (or pay over 2,5K to get ILR through the UK route!), so again, nothing gained, nothing lost.
there is no guarantee that after 2020 the rules will be the same.
The same apply for anyone who gets pre settled status but will only complete the 5 years necessary to apply for settled status after 2020.
True. But I would be very surprised if they did not offer a reasonable transition. They have established very generous deadlines to apply and implement these schemes, and except for the non-EU-with-over-5-years-in-UK issue, I do believe the HO have shown the best disposition and handled things very effectively, compared to so many inefficient bureaucracies around the world!

Good luck to everyone, and please keep sharing yur experiences.

Kamoe
My posts express my personal opinion, to the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Alinacarolina
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Alinacarolina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Davidclr wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 am
kamoe wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm
Davidclr wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:18 am
That would be a loophole.
You are misinterpreting the the issue here.

A non-EU national can indeed apply without their EU national family member applying. It is recommended they both apply, as this way their application will be linked and more straightforward, but this is not necessary (for example, for non-EU family members of Irish citizens).
if for whatever reason your partner does not want to apply for the scheme, you are in a loophole, lets say;

you arrived in the UK as a student, working and paying tax, etc... and stay for 3 years, met you partner and got a RC 2 years ago. so you have a RC for 2 years, you have been in the UK for 5 years in total. you are entitled to settled status according to the the settlement scheme.
This has been widely discussed in a number of posts in this forum:

Q: For non-Eu nationals, does time spent under other visa categories, other than EEA RC and RC Family permits, count towards the 5 years needed for settled status?

A: To the best of the understanding of the members of this forum, the answer has always been NO. Only time spend under EEA route counts.

(Now, this is an understanding and not, as of yet, a proven and empirical confirmation of how settled status works, as seems like all those interesting non-EU cases with more than 5 years under different visa categories are the ones being held for the end).

Part of the confusion, I believe, is the fact that the wording the HO uses to describe the "entitlement" for Settled Status does not clarify its audience. It says that as long as "you" have spent more than 5 years in the UK "you" will be granted settled status, but it is very likely that "you" only applies to EU citizens, not their non-EU family members. This, I believe, is a massive oversight on the part of the HO, as applicants to the scheme include non-EU family members, and thus they should really clarify what conditions apply specifically to non-EU members.

Example: I have spent over 9 years in the UK, and only 3 as a RC holder. Yet I was offered Settled Status at the end of my submission. My application is almost two weeks old and I'm still waiting a decision. I see other non-EU applications being decided within two days, with Pre-Settled status as an outcome. I would have though my application had a straightforward Pre-Settled outcome, as only 3 years under RC. So how come it has not yet been decided?

My only explanation and personal opinion is that it is eerily very possible that the HO has simply not thought this through and they have not laid out clearly what the outcome should be in these cases of non-EU applicants having spent over 5 years in other visa categories. And that this is the reason these applications are taking so much longer. Because they don't know what to do with us!


The HO Can't give you settled status because that would be as if they were speeding up your process because would take you another 3 year to be able to apply to Indefinite leave to remain.
I don't this is necessarily in conflict. If they laid out clear legislation that entitles people who meet certain conditions to Settled Status, then if a person meets those conditions, the fact that they also meet conditions to attain ILR via other routes with less advantageous conditions should not be a reason not to grant them this. People often have different options for different visas and residence permits, and they can choose the best route for their case.
The HO also can't give you pre settled status because that is the wrong status for as you are entitled to settled status.
As explained above, the issue could be, precisely, that it is not clear if in these case you are entitled to Settled Status or not.
They also can't refuse your application as it would be bad data for them. and wrong.
I... do not think they can legally do this.
It is a catch 22. you are stuck. you file will be put aside as dealing with would take time.
Back to base 1 of this discussion!
The HO will wait until you 30 of March and send you an email saying, "we appreciate that you applied for the settled scheme during the test phase. but as the UK reached a deal with the EU or as the Uk will postpone brexit or as the UK is no longer leave, your application is no longer need, you will need to go through the normal process in order to get an ILR in future.

Good luck!
The only scenario where I could see this happening is if Brexit was cancelled, in which case, I think people would be offered the option of withdrawing the applciation. But since the Windrush scandal, I think there would be still grounds to argue the process is still valid to establish legal residence of Eu nationals, do I don't think it will be scraped altogether in a no-Brexit scenario, it would just become less urgent.
kamoe,

you are right! I could be misinterpreting everything. so could everyone else. there is clarification about the whole scheme. we are blindly trying to put some information together and predict what could be the outcome.

There are other situations which would have no resolution. for example; ( and this is a common one)

someone from Argentina who has been living in the UK for 6 years, but only recently decided to apply to a Italian passport through Jus sanguinis (ex; the Grandfather of this individual was Italian ). so this person possess a European passport for 6 months but has been in uk for over 6 years. would this person qualify for pre settled or settled status ?

In your case, you have a RC for 3 years, if you get pre settled status is exactly as if you had lost your RC and applied for a new one. you can wait 5 years, or 2 more years under pre settled status and then apply for settled status( ILR).

if what you are saying is case. in reality the settlement is scheme is nothing but downgrading of status for everyone who apply. for example;

EU citizen living in the UK for more then 5 years will downgrade their status to ILR.

EU citizen living in the UK for less than 5 years will downgrade their status to RC.

RC holders will downgrade their status from a physical RC to a email saying that they have pre settled status.

the danger is, going back to your case. if you get pre settled status, and have to wait another 2 years to apply for settled status. there is no guarantee that after 2020 the rules will be the same.

The same apply for anyone who gets pre settled status but will only complete the 5 years necessary to apply for settled status after 2020.

even worse, after 2020 all these people will no longer be under the ECJ. their fate could change at anytime.

The complexity lies on the lack of information.

but let's what has been happening recently,

Liam fox( Secretary of State for International Trade ) travels around the world pretending he is closing deals that in reality He can not do.

Christopher Grayling (Secretary of State for Transport) award the £13.8m contract to Seaborne Freight to run ferries between Ramsgate and Ostend. a company with no ships, no money, no physical infrastructure and no contract with ports.

and Now the HO starting a Scheme with not enough staff, hiding information, etc...

it looks exactly the same situation. it all looks like a pretending game. remember "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

you seem to be a very well educated person. anyone can put 2 and 2 together and see that it does not look good.

anyway, lets hope I am Wrong!

good luck everyone!
Can we pls stick to the main topic? Which is settled status timeline?
Thanks

aarshad01
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:30 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 am

i got my settle status email but didnt get any biometric card - does anyone got any card for NON EEA nationals ???

i spoke with EEA helpline - but i guess they are dumbhead telling me, i will not get it as this email is the proof of my status or they can verify online - but when i asked him - how someone will verify if i am outside UK, then he said its a good question!!

tazboys2
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by tazboys2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:58 am

Davidclr wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 am
There are other situations which would have no resolution. for example; ( and this is a common one)

someone from Argentina who has been living in the UK for 6 years, but only recently decided to apply to a Italian passport through Jus sanguinis (ex; the Grandfather of this individual was Italian ). so this person possess a European passport for 6 months but has been in uk for over 6 years. would this person qualify for pre settled or settled status ?
I would like to hear more about this as I do have the very similar situation now. I was not an EU citizen at birth but I have gained my citizenship thought other means and want to know what happens to me.

kamoe
Senior Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 am

Alinacarolina wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 pm
Can we pls stick to the main topic? Which is settled status timeline?
Thanks
Hi Alina

i see your point. As Settled Status is so new and we are still figuring it our what it all means, I think there is room in this thread for a bit of tangent discussion as long as, in one way or another, affects timelines (for example asking details about someone else's situation). I think some earlier messages highlight the interest of this in this thread.

i agree that wider discussions related to Settled status, but unrelated to timelines, should have their own post, and I'm happy to suggest this to people who starts these conversations instead of replying here.
My posts express my personal opinion, to the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
Senior Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 am

aarshad01 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 am
i got my settle status email but didnt get any biometric card - does anyone got any card for NON EEA nationals ???

i spoke with EEA helpline - but i guess they are dumbhead telling me, i will not get it as this email is the proof of my status or they can verify online - but when i asked him - how someone will verify if i am outside UK, then he said its a good question!!
This deviates from the theme of timelines. I have taken the liberty of answering this on a separate post, so it's easily available for anyone interested: eea-route-applications/settled-pre-sett ... 74405.html
My posts express my personal opinion, to the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Punguru82
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm

I AM NON EU -HOLDER OF PR. (MY PR WAS ISSUED JUST IN JAN2019 RECENTLY)
APPLIED SETTLED STATUS ON SUNDAY YESTERDAY 10/02/2019 THOUGH THE APP AFTER PURCHASING THE PHONE COSTED ME £129.
GOT COA WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF APPLICATION -10/02/2019
DID NOT INCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP, TICKED EVIDENCE ATTACHED THOUGH, MEANING MY PR BIOMETRIC CARD THAT HAVE SCANNED.
TODAY AT AROUND 1300 RECEIVED EMAIL WITH PDF LETTER ATTACHED STATING WAS GRANTED INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN ALSO KNOW AS SETTLED STATUS.
WHOLE PROCESS TOOK 24HRS, SO I MUST ADMIT WAS FAST PROCESS ON MY CASE CONNSIDERING I AM NON EEA. SORRY FOR USING CAPITAL LETTERS MEMBERS

Sahan123
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:01 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Sahan123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi guys my time line

Non EEA national (no PR)
EEA National ( no PR)
Apply wife EEA national : 23/01/2019
Approved settle status : 24/ 01/2019

Non EEA national apply : 25/01/2019
Approved Settle status : 11/02 /2019

Email recive 7.52 pm for me today granting ILR
Was married for 8 years

Thank you
This post may help who are still waiting

Rob19
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Rob19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 am

I have applied for my one on 31st of last month



Still waiting for result

I am non EU family member been here for slightly more than 6 years (almost 3 years on UKRC)

My partner has got Pre settled one as she has been here for less than 5 years.

Looking forward to receive the approval! Either Settled or Pre settled one!

Rob19
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Rob19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:00 am

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ppendix-eu

Non Eu family members can check this appendix to find out more

Rob19
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Rob19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 am

I am bit confused about this!



continuous qualifying period



a period of residence in the UK:
(a) which began before the specified date (or after that date where the person is a family member of a relevant EU citizen and was resident outside the UK at that date); and
(b) during which none of the following occurred:
(i) absence(s) from the UK which exceeded a total of six months in any 12-month period, except for:
(aa) a single period of absence which did not exceed 12 months and was for an important reason (such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious illness, study, vocational training or an overseas posting); or
(bb) any period of absence on compulsory military service; or
(ii) the person served or is serving a sentence of imprisonment of any length in the UK; or
(iii) any of the following, unless it has been set aside or no longer has effect in respect of the person:
(aa) any decision or order to exclude or remove under regulation 23 or 32 of the EEA Regulations; or
(bb) a decision to which regulation 15(4) of the EEA Regulations otherwise refers, unless that decision arose from a previous decision under regulation 24(1); or
(cc) an exclusion decision; or
(dd) a deportation order, other than under the EEA Regulations; and
(c) (where the period is less than five years) which continues at the date of application

Post Reply
cron