Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status processing times

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rob19
Newly Registered

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 am
Rob19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 am
I have applied for my one on 31st of last month

Still waiting for result

I am non EU family member been here for slightly more than 6 years (almost 3 years on UKRC)

My partner has got Pre settled one as she has been here for less than 5 years.

Looking forward to receive the approval! Either Settled or Pre settled one!
Hi Rob!
Any news as I am in same situation just applied last night 18/02/2019

I am a non eu husband. Me and my Eu wife just applied last night as she is here since 08/2014
So she selected pre settle status I have selected settled status as I am here since 2011 they could not locate my hmrc record automatically so I had to provide my bank statement as resident evidence and marriage certificate as a approval of relationship! I have applied with my RC (Not PR) which issued in December 2015.. I am afraid I will get pre settle status too????? I have got my COA straight away.
Nothing yet but let's see how long average they take to make decisions

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:08 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 am
Me and my Eu wife just applied last night as she is here since 08/2014
So she selected pre settle status I have selected settled status as I am here since 2011
I have the impression your choice of words is misleading. For the sake of clarity and to avoid confusion to everyone else, can you please confirm that what you mean by "she selected pre settle status" is actually "she was informed she would be considered for Pre-Settled Status" and what you mean by "I have selected settled status" is actually "I was informed I would be considered for Settled Status".

As far as I know, the applicant does not "select" which of Pre-Settled or Settled status they are applying to. It's the application that decides, based on NINO history, and it's important people that have not applied don't assume they have to make the choice.
they could not locate my hmrc record automatically so I had to provide my bank statement as resident evidence and marriage certificate as a approval of relationship! I have applied with my RC (Not PR) which issued in December 2015.. I am afraid I will get pre settle status too?????
based on your RC history, yes, you should be granted Pre-Settled status, just as I should be granted Pre-Settled status (over 9 years in UK but only 3 on RC), whether we like this or not, and regardless of what he hope for, unfortunately :(
I have got my COA straight away.
Everyone does.
My posts express my personal opinion, formed with the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am

You have the option to select what you are applying for, settled status or pre-settled status.

Amirkhan042
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amirkhan042 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am

Well my wife is here since August 2014 so not five years yet.. during the application we have selected pre settled status...and she got it next day on 19/02/2019 though I am still waiting it seems I am going to wait a lot!!!
I was not aware of how to calculate continuos 5 years as HO does not have clear process for non Eu family members so I thought i can include my previous visa catagories as continuous years!!!

Let see what their answer would be? It’s been third day I am waiting for.. anyone in same situation?

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:23 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am
Well my wife is here since August 2014 so not five years yet.. during the application we have selected pre settled status...and she got it next day on 19/02/2019 though I am still waiting it seems I am going to wait a lot!!!
I was not aware of how to calculate continuos 5 years as HO does not have clear process for non Eu family members so I thought i can include my previous visa catagories as continuous years!!!

Let see what their answer would be? It’s been third day I am waiting for.. anyone in same situation?
Some applicants waiting for more than a month. So be patient

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:26 am

Alien2017 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am
You have the option to select what you are applying for, settled status or pre-settled status.
Based on your answers and HMRC history system will recognise how long have you been here and will offer Pre-settled status or settled one.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 am

Alien2017 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am
Are you talking from experience? When I applied on January 21st at no point did it let me choose, it just informed me the application would be submitted for Settled Status.
My posts express my personal opinion, formed with the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am
Which is exactly why it should not be you deciding. Wondering, really, why on earth they have changed this.
Well if you read our posts you would know non-EU with over 5 years in UK are waiting on average between 3 weeks and two months.

aabb42088
Newly Registered

Post by aabb42088 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am

hi

We applied yesterday - 5 of us:
  • EEA National, and
  • 4 Family members

We all hold either DCPR or PR Cards. Within the span of 3 hours four of us got settled status confirmed. However for one of the kids no response at all. Application submitted, we got the COA and nothing since.

This probably means nothing but I am a bit concerned, I just hope his application hadn't gone missing as the system is still on trail ...

Should I chase them already? Has anyone seen a similar processing pattern?

Ideas are welcomed ...
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:55 am

aabb42088 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am
Should I chase them already?
Not at all. it's still very early. Give them a week and if you still hear nothing, then call them.

aabb42088
Newly Registered

Post by aabb42088 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:55 am
aabb42088 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am
Should I chase them already?
Not at all. it's still very early. Give them a week and if you still hear nothing, then call them.
Thanks. I'll hold my breath ...

BTW an input for the forum: when I applied yesterday I had no option to 'link' the family members applications to myself (the EEA national). I saw that others were able to do that so I gave them a call. They said that as the family members are already permanent residence they stand for themselves and there is no need to link the applications. The system identifies that at application time and doesn't shows the option to link

Hope the info helps

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 am

Yes, I am talking from my experience, I have applied for my mother last week and I had the option to choose what am I applying for, settled or pre settled status. Although I have provided her NI number, the system could't find her ( understandable as she is 65 and never worked here and never had benefits) and we had to upload evidence, so I have provided water bills and she has been granted settled status.

Davidclr
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Davidclr » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi All,

I am back to square 1, not 0 because I got something.

update on the process

started application 21.01
submitted 22.01
COA 22.01
Email pre-setted 15.02
no access to status so far,

and the saga Through the annoying, and stressful settlement process continues, I received the email, but I can not see my status online, it says it is still in progress.

I rang the resolution center and they said it is a I.T issue. but of course if the do not submit the application decision, it will no be official. the email clearly states that "the email is not proof you status ".

so basically I got the status but not officially. in simple term I don't have it. at least I have the email.

What I believe the issue really is;

1 - an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K but under 5 years on the the RC.

2 - an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K but Under 5 years with a EU passport( such as a person born in south America whose grandfather was Italian ) in this case the person does not became Italian, He/she has always being Italian under Italian law, who recently claimed citizenship.

3- an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K who married a European but became Eu less than 5 ago through marriage. in this case the person has became European.

There no way they can give a decision on any of these cases without affecting the other cases.
If I get Pre-settled status the case scenario number 2 also need to get pre-settled, what would be a conflicted with the Italian( European law)
if I get settled status, all other cases would also get it.
If case number 2 gets settled status all other cases also would get it.

every case scenario I look at I can not work out a solution, I believe that is why I have the email. but do not have it on the system officially.

Good Luck,

Amirkhan042
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amirkhan042 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Thank you for letting us know!
I have applied too for settled status.. have more then five years but 3.2 on RC ... let see who wins!!

kapchon
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by kapchon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:09 pm

tell me pls necessary or not Insurance number for apply pre settled status ?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Application started: 09.02.19
Application submitted: 11.02.19 @16.15
Fees taken: Unknown
Confirmation e-mail received: immediately on 11.02.19, inclusive of CoA
Confirmation on status: E-mail with pdf confirming Settled Status received 12.02.19 @ 9.30.

It was my Mum's application - in her 70s, self-sufficient, no CSI, here since 2012.

After about a year of procrastination, worry, second thoughts, certified translations, docs gathering, reading up about the dodgy data-sharing T&Cs, etc etc relative to my Mum's PR vs Settled Status app, we *finally* submitted her Surinder Singh route application.

We started on Saturday 9th with a bit of a mini-Settled-Status-application-party - her, me and my sibling.
Her Android's 5.0 so she borrowed mine to download the EU Exit app - all OK with the first scan of the passport photo page.
After trying 3 times to find the passport chip for the second passport scan, though, we got locked out of the app for 24 hrs. Annoying 😑

Only then I thought of searching online to see where the chip is on the passport, and found it on the top left-hand side corner of the inside back cover. I tried that tip to scan my own passport as a trial, and it beeped immediately.
Wish I'd thought of that earlier! 😎

So we continued on Sunday after the 24hrs were up - we scanned her passport's back cover & it beeped immediately.
We then scanned her face & took her photo.
Then onto the website to continue - we inserted the data relative to her passport & then couldn't carry on due to an error message saying to try again in 30 mins. We shut the page down, re-booted the laptop & tried again four times - to no avail. It looks like the site was down, probably too many people trying to apply.

So on Monday we tried again, ready to have to call the helpline. We logged in & the error message was gone - so we were able to carry on the application on the site, not needing to call the helpline.
After inserting her NIN, the site advised she needed to provide evidence for 5 years of residence - which we expected as she's not been working nor receiving benefits.

It took about four hours to either photograph or download the evidence required - we provided a mix of online bank statements/online credit card statements/poll tax cards/Electoral Register letters/Council Tax bills. Approx. 6 pieces of evidence per year.
About three times during those four hours while uploading the evidence, we got messages saying one of the files had a virus or there was an error. We closed the page, re-booted the laptop and logged in again each time - and were able to carry on.

So - took three days due to the technological glitches and the fidgety passport scanning lockout - but great that passport & documents can be scanned in rather than sent by post like with PR - the HO joins the 21C!

Her Surinder Singh route was granted on Monday morning - super quick! 🙂
It only took a few hours & she has no emploment/NIN/benefit records - so not sure how thorough a check was done of the evidence, but clearly it was found to be acceptable.

I have to say - much prefer this to the PR process!
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 pm

[/quote]
Hi can you please advise of links to the other forums on twitter/ Facebook that you mentioned? I an very keen to hear more views in relation to this topic.
[/quote]
Hi Pluzz, sorry for delay in answering - just seen this. Normally mods don't allow links to other forums to be posted - just do a search for #SettledStatus on Twitter, you'll find loads. On FB, I've looked on UKCEN, Forum for EU Citizens (the 3million), Love EUKCEN, and InLimbo.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

vaza
Newly Registered
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm

EU child applying on their own on the basis of 5 years residence

Application sent: 13/02/2019
COA: several minutes later
HO phoned and emailed: 14/02/2019 next morning and email asking for document
uploaded new document: 14/02/2019
Settled Status received: 22/02/2019

The application process for a child doesn't ask for a parent approval, yet HO expects that, hence the call in this case. I expect process to change.

PLUZZ

Post by PLUZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 pm

NikiGio wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 pm
Hi can you please advise of links to the other forums on twitter/ Facebook that you mentioned? I an very keen to hear more views in relation to this topic.
[/quote]
Hi Pluzz, sorry for delay in answering - just seen this. Normally mods don't allow links to other forums to be posted - just do a search for #SettledStatus on Twitter, you'll find loads. On FB, I've looked on UKCEN, Forum for EU Citizens (the 3million), Love EUKCEN, and InLimbo.
[/quote]

Hi NikiGio, thanks for taking the time to respond.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi all,
Just a quick question. If someone already has a PR, does he still need to make a payment of £65 in the test phase ?
Thanks