ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled Status, Travelling and Citizenship

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siralexius

Settled Status, Travelling and Citizenship

Post by siralexius » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Hello everyone!
I did granted my Settled Status in June 2021 as a non-EU citizen. I have few questions to clarify somethings.
1)After granted my Settled Status, I did not change my BRP residence card. My residence card is based on Family member of EU citizen(married). I did applied for change but didn't complete the application which is the fingerprint. I did come a cross on the gov.uk website is that after granted the status you don't need to change your current BRP if it is expires later on for example mine on 2023.

The question is I will travel to my mother country and will it be okay to travel with online Settled Status confirmation and current BRP that expiring on 2023?

2) I did made an application for changing my residence card but didn't give my fingerprints yet and I couldn't see any cancelation section. Will this be a problem or it will be drawn by it self so I can just leave as it is?

3)As we know after 12 months I can apply to British Citizenship and I wanna do the preparation from now on. Beside everything they are asking I will need to provide evidence of settled status (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’). As I haven't update my residence card I can only prove it with online status. Do I need to change my BRP before I apply or with my online status and current BRP will be fine?

Thank you if anyone can answer these questions!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Settled Status, Travelling and Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:02 pm

3. Naturalisation:
As Settled Status is a digital only status your EUSS reference number will be sufficient, you could also attach a copy of the approval email.
2. Fingerprints:
Can't really comment here - but if your card is still valid why did you apply for a new one?
1. Travel:
I understand your status is linked to your passport number, plus your BRP card should be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

siralexius

Post by siralexius » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:00 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:02 pm
3. Naturalisation:
As Settled Status is a digital only status your EUSS reference number will be sufficient, you could also attach a copy of the approval email.
2. Fingerprints:
Can't really comment here - but if your card is still valid why did you apply for a new one?
1. Travel:
I understand your status is linked to your passport number, plus your BRP card should be ok.
3) Thank you.
2)I did thought right after status I need to change my BRP and did applied but as I have said didn't compete the fingerprints and so. I assume it will be cancel by it self?
1)My status linked to my BRP that is how I login to check my status and I assume passport too?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:14 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:02 pm
2. Fingerprints:
Because the Home Office kept changing their minds throughout the first half of 2020. They only announced old EEA RCs would continue to be valid in late April. Before that, the official message was that all old EEA cards would cease to be valid after June 30th. Many people, myself included, hurried to apply to change a card that actually turns out to be valid until expiration date. But none of us knew that, no one could have anticipated the HO's change of heart.
I understand your status is linked to your passport number
No. The electronic status is linked to the document that was used to apply

For EU nationals this is the passport.
For non-EU nationals with BRCs, the status is usually linked to the BRC card they used to apply.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:50 pm

@Kamoe - thanks for the clarifications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

siralexius

Post by siralexius » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:52 pm

So,
1) I can travel with current BRP with my online status outside the UK until my card expires?
2) Because I have not complete the application fully, it will be cancel I suppose?
3) When I apply citizenship I will be able to use my current BRC and no need to change?

That's what I understand and if I am wrong correct me please?