ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

kap295
Newly Registered
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by kap295 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm
kap295 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Kap 295,
There is nothing special about crossing France- UK border ( same like any other border). In order to have an entry stamp, you should, first of all, be together with your spouse while crossing, have all documents which you have prepared before for the visa( sponsors UK details, marriage certificate, ....) and in case printed detective 2004/38/EC
Thats all.
Good luck, its gonna work.
Has anyone successfully tried this way recently? Do they stamp an EEA family permit at the border? Do i drive across there border or take the EURO rail?
I have written to you above post. Recently around 10 days ago, couple of people had successfully passed, all procedure at the border - about 10 min. They had gotten the stamp in their passport and now are preparing documents for Residence Card. Yes, you take euro tunnel ( all information about trip you can find on their web site)
Thanks for your response.
My wife is a visa national so first she will have to apply for Schengen Visa then

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 am

alex1990 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm
tina_tan wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 am
alex1990 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 pm
Bhai log wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:25 am
Hi. 4months still waiting, applied from italy
Hi bhai log
7months
Still waiting

Hi everyone!

Finally! I got my visa today. It was mailed yesterday in my previous house that I used to live in. I applied since July 10, 2017 and today is January 14. During those span of months that I have been waiting tormently. Finally! I got it! So please don't lose loose hope and keep praying!
I will be with my husband in my birthday and our anniversary
My congrats finally you get it and hope all of us will get it soon
!
My i aske you if you remmber did you submitted (copy of your passport) beacuse i sow many people got refused with same reasons!! Me too 😔 i did not submit copy of my passport! I connect with my lawyer he said its not important! But we sow here some people got refused beacuse of that reason!
Pleas if you remmber answer me
Thanks in advance and wish you will have great time with your family.
Yes,I submitted original and photocopies just to be sure,then my husband wrote a letter stating his financial support that he can support me during my stay in U.K and provided the room accomodation from his landlord and prove to them that our relationship is genuine. I also attached our communication logs from text messager,Facebook messenger with the dates on it, viber,emails,video calls screen shots,photos of our marriage and photos of us during his 2 months stay in the Philippines. I would like to add that aside from passport if you have a authentic birth certificate and has a remarks of "delayed registry" or shall I say after your mother gave birth to you and she only process your birth certificate after days then it may fall to a "delayed registry" and that's what happened to me. So I provided them with my school records from elemetary and high school records just to let them know that my name really existing since the day I started schooling. Aside from that,my husband is working full - time as a mechanical engineer to a company and we provided them his pay slips,income tax return for the last 1 year, a contract from his company,a landlord's letter that he's been living to a house with a spacious room rented for years and added to that,a permission from his landlord that he is informed already that his tenant will be having a visitor which is his wife from Philippines. I hired an agent who process visas and I am also sharing this information to all of you so you'll have an idea. Just prepare everything you can provide for your document,anyway it is on the hands of the UK embassy will do the judgement. At least we did our best. Stay positive that your EEA visa will be granted. I am praying for those who applied and keep on waiting that soon your EEA visa will arrive at your doorstep. I know how hard it is but keep on being positive no matter what.

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 am

kap295 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm
yanaveron wrote:
kap295 wrote:
yanaveron wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Kap 295,
There is nothing special about crossing France- UK border ( same like any other border). In order to have an entry stamp, you should, first of all, be together with your spouse while crossing, have all documents which you have prepared before for the visa( sponsors UK details, marriage certificate, ....) and in case printed detective 2004/38/EC
Thats all.
Good luck, its gonna work.
Has anyone successfully tried this way recently? Do they stamp an EEA family permit at the border? Do i drive across there border or take the EURO rail?
I have written to you above post. Recently around 10 days ago, couple of people had successfully passed, all procedure at the border - about 10 min. They had gotten the stamp in their passport and now are preparing documents for Residence Card. Yes, you take euro tunnel ( all information about trip you can find on their web site)
My wife is a visa national so first she will have to apply for Schengen Visa then
Hello!
I would like to ask if I can travel to Romania with my EEA husband,he is Portuguese but living in U.K and has a permanent residency there. I am currently got my visa of EEA recently and he wanted me to come with his trip in Feb.09,2017 for one week vacation together with our Romanian friend. They already got their plane ticket except me cos I just received my EEA Family permit last Jan.14th.
Do I need to apply for a Romanian visa to get in Romania? Your response will be much appreciated. Thank you.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 am

tina_tan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 am
alex1990 wrote:
tina_tan wrote:
alex1990 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi bhai log
7months
Still waiting

Hi everyone!

Finally! I got my visa today. It was mailed yesterday in my previous house that I used to live in. I applied since July 10, 2017 and today is January 14. During those span of months that I have been waiting tormently. Finally! I got it! So please don't lose loose hope and keep praying!
!
My i aske you if you remmber did you submitted (copy of your passport) beacuse i sow many people got refused with same reasons!! Me too 😔 i did not submit copy of my passport! I connect with my lawyer he said its not important! But we sow here some people got refused beacuse of that reason!
Yes,I submitted original and photocopies just to be sure,then my husband wrote a letter stating his financial support that he can support me during my stay in U.K and provided the room accomodation from his landlord and prove to them that our relationship is genuine. I also attached our communication logs from text messager,Facebook messenger with the dates on it, viber,emails,video calls screen shots,photos of our marriage and photos of us during his 2 months stay in the Philippines. I would like to add that aside from passport if you have a authentic birth certificate and has a remarks of "delayed registry" or shall I say after your mother gave birth to you and she only process your birth certificate after days then it may fall to a "delayed registry" and that's what happened to me. So I provided them with my school records from elemetary and high school records just to let them know that my name really existing since the day I started schooling. Aside from that,my husband is working full - time as a mechanical engineer to a company and we provided them his pay slips,income tax return for the last 1 year, a contract from his company,a landlord's letter that he's been living to a house with a spacious room rented for years and added to that,a permission from his landlord that he is informed already that his tenant will be having a visitor which is his wife from Philippines. I hired an agent who process visas and I am also sharing this information to all of you so you'll have an idea. Just prepare everything you can provide for your document,anyway it is on the hands of the UK embassy will do the judgement. At least we did our best. Stay positive that your EEA visa will be granted. I am praying for those who applied and keep on waiting that soon your EEA visa will arrive at your doorstep. I know how hard it is but keep on being positive no matter what.
Tina
Thanks a lot
About my passport I really did not submit photocopy of it beacuse thy take the orginal !!
We did what we can and we wait and keep praying for good news
!!
Agine wish you great time with your family there 😉

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:28 am

alex1990 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 am
tina_tan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 am
alex1990 wrote:
tina_tan wrote:

Hi everyone!

!
Tina
Thanks a lot
About my passport I really did not submit photocopy of it beacuse thy take the orginal !!
We did what we can and we wait and keep praying for good news
!!
Agine wish you great time with your family there 😉

You're welcome :D
They took my passport too, but I provided a photocopy whether it is necessary or not. I just provided it though. Just keep on praying. I believe it really works even if you're on a depressing mode just think that it will come in God's time.😁

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

tina_tan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 am
kap295 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm
yanaveron wrote:
kap295 wrote:

Hello!
I would like to ask if I can travel to Romania with my EEA husband,he is Portuguese but living in U.K and has a permanent residency there. I am currently got my visa of EEA recently and he wanted me to come with his trip in Feb.09,2017 for one week vacation together with our Romanian friend. They already got their plane ticket except me cos I just received my EEA Family permit last Jan.14th.
Do I need to apply for a Romanian visa to get in Romania? Your response will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Since you don’t have a residence card yet you will require a visa to Romania, Romanian visa or multiple entry Schengen visa.

Ola2
Nigeria

Post by Ola2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi everyone, just an update, my spouse received her family permit. It was issued 30 days prior to collection, they did not send any notification that it has been processed, this second application took only 13 days to reach a decision. my spouse is already with me here in uk now.

If you applied from Niaja, its advisable to pop in the visa centre and check if its processed, thats if you did not get any info from sheffield.

Could someone tell me if the residence card is an online application or by post.

Thanks.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Ola2 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm
Hi everyone, just an update, my spouse received her family permit. It was issued 30 days prior to collection, they did not send any notification that it has been processed, this second application took only 13 days to reach a decision. my spouse is already with me here in uk now.

If you applied from Niaja, its advisable to pop in the visa centre and check if its processed, thats if you did not get any info from sheffield.

Could someone tell me if the residence card is an online application or by post.

Thanks.
Download and print the EEA FM form for the residence card, then send the form by post with all the documents.

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
France

Post by Elizabeths03 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Ola2 wrote:

Thanks.
Congratulations on the permit!

At least it confirms that Nigerian applications can get approved swiftly too.

Just a quick question, you mentioned that it was a second application. Why was it refused the first time and what did you do differently this time please?

Thank you

Olajide1
Nigeria

Post by Olajide1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Ola2 wrote:

Thanks.
Congratulations,

Roy2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by Roy2018 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:07 am
Roy2018 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:02 pm
No .. I didnt get any as I applied through a lawyer from Mumbai and i am from Kolkata.... Even the lawyer didnt get any email regarding the decision.... the courier service just came at my door today without any prior information.... I still cant believe that they actually lied about my documents.... it seems like they ran out of ideas to find a reason to refuse my application
Hi Roy2018

My advice is to insist your lawyer appeals the refusal/HO decision while you make a fresh application as gradually time is seriously running out!
Hi Big Dobby,

I will make a fresh application within this month or by the first week of february .... I am trying to collect all the updated documents and this time i will leave no chance to refuse it .... i will not give up ....

AnHas
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AnHas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Need help!

Hi everyone,
We, my husband and I, have applied for an EEA FP last year from Karachi, Pakistan. Here is our timeline:

Date of Applying visa at visa center Karachi (bio metrics): 10th October 2017
Date of Receiving second email (case not straight forward): 20th October 2017
Called for escalation: 29th December 2017
Call and mail to recieve the passport at VFS: 19th January 2018, refusal

The reasons of refusal are the following:
- We didn't send them our whatsapp and skype chat history
- There were some issues with the marriage registration certifcate date. The marriage was registered after 7 month of our marriage.

We can prove these objections very easily, even though we think these objections are not really valid for refusal. We have the right to appeal the decision. But we are doubting whether to appeal or reapply.

Please share your experience in circumstances of appeal and reapply.

Kind regards,
AnHas

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm

170 working days still waiting. Applied from Madrid, Spain.
No one message I received yet :)
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pm

applied from nigeria.

6 months gone now.

STILL WAITING

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 am

Merzit wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm
170 working days still waiting. Applied from Madrid, Spain.
No one message I received yet :)
153 working days
Still waiting

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:32 am

Paschal wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pm
applied from nigeria.

6 months gone now.

STILL WAITING
where in Nigeria, Abuja or Ikeja?

twitwi
Newly Registered
China

Post by twitwi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 am

Applied from paris, 71 working days.
I already involved SOLVIT and the MP
Called and emailed to UKVI service 2 times to escalation.
Nothing yet

Paschal
Nigeria

Post by Paschal » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am

BIG Dobby I applied from Ikeja

Dibango
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Dibango » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

twitwi wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 am
Nothing yet
Hi,

Have you had any news yet since the 05/12? I have applied from Paris as well on the 08/01 but no news.

twitwi
Newly Registered
China

Post by twitwi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Dibango wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm
twitwi wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 am
Nothing yet
Hi,

Have you had any news yet since the 05/12? I have applied from Paris as well on the 08/01 but no news.
No,like i said, nothing. but it has not been 15 woking days for you, maybe you will get your FP soon