ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

Paschal
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Paschal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:54 am

Hello,

Please could someone tell me if this is a good sign.

Thanks


Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

An entry clearance officer is currently reviewing your visa application. and since the decision taking has been delayed, please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We will e-mail you as soon as we have an update.


Kind Regards,

twitwi
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 pm
China

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by twitwi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 am

Paschal wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:54 am
Hello,

Please could someone tell me if this is a good sign.

Thanks


Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

An entry clearance officer is currently reviewing your visa application. and since the decision taking has been delayed, please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We will e-mail you as soon as we have an update.


Kind Regards,
I think it's just their "polite" way to say you gonna wait as long as it needs to make the decision. But who knows, maybe the officer will do his work eventually . Good luck!

alex1990
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:54 am
Hello,

Please could someone tell me if this is a good sign.

Thanks


Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

An entry clearance officer is currently reviewing your visa application. and since the decision taking has been delayed, please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We will e-mail you as soon as we have an update.


Kind Regards,
hi Paschal
How did you communicate with them?
What is the mail?

thy send me this mail after i escalated last time
As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible.

Paschal
Junior Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Paschal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Hello I got this email few months ago.

I comunicate with them by mail.

ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com

alex1990
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:54 am

Paschal wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm
Hello I got this email few months ago.

I comunicate with them by mail.

ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com

Oh good i need to wait few more months no problem ok ☝️
7.5 Months and if thy need elso 7 more Months I’ll be waiting
Good luck for all

Roy2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:48 pm
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Roy2018 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:37 am

Dibango wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my timelines:

Applied from Paris, spouse is in the UK already.

Application submitted: 08/01/18
Application received: 09/01/18( The TLS contact centre in Paris simply scans the documents to the UKVI hence the speed)
Called to chase: 22/01/18
Notification to receive FP: 23/01/18

I submitted just what I was asked and not tons of pictures and WhatsApp logs.
Looking forward to be in the UK with my spouse and good luck to all those who are waiting.
Hello Dibango ,

Congratulations to you as you got your FP.... Unfortunately mine was cancelled after 7 months. I sent them almost 300 photographs of us together and almost 500 pages(2010 to 2018) of chat and call logs from skype and some more from facebook.... could u please tell me exactly how many pics and whatsapp logs did u give? did u give chat histories of multiple apps , for example facebook, skype , whatsapp or just one ? Pardon me if its too much for u to answer....

pinarita
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:07 pm
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by pinarita » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi!
I applied for FP in October 2017 from Madrid but like many of you haven't received my passport yet. I contacted them many times but every single time the response is the same: "your application has not been straightforward..." which is nonsense since I have been married to a Spanish citizen for 4 years, living together in Spain for 7 years and I hold a permenant residence card for Spain for being married to a Spanish. Moreover I have already been issued FP a few years ago. In summary they just want to make me wait and suffer, nothing else...
I finally decided to withdraw my application and just travel with my Spanish residence card and marriage certificate. My question is, in case they let me in the UK with a FP stamp at the border, will I be eligible to work without getting the UK residence card, as if I had the FP visa?

Thanks!

Mughlii
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 am
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm

withdrwal case
got documents
booked ticket
traveling to uk with spouse
got my civil partner certificate ready and my residence card (tarjeta comunitaria)

Mughlii
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 am
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm

withdrwal case
got documents
booked ticket
traveling to uk with spouse
got my civil partner certificate ready and my residence card (tarjeta comunitaria)

ValmiraTo
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 am
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by ValmiraTo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm
withdrwal case
got documents
booked ticket
traveling to uk with spouse
got my civil partner certificate ready and my residence card (tarjeta comunitaria)
Congrats on the new life, I want to ask a question, which airport did you chose in UK, and what documents does the British border requested to you?

user_15
inactive
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am
Morocco

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by user_15 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and it was very helpful to have updates from other people in my situation, particularly the happy news so I want to share with you my happy (but very long) experience.

My wife applied from Rabat, Morocco on the 28/06/2017.

All praise be to God the Almighty, today, the 29/01/2017 (7 months after) she picked up her passport with the family permit in it.

We gave all the documentation required as everyone did here: (Mariage certificate
original and certified translation, payslips, WhatsApp conversations, covering letter describing our story plus the document attached within the application...)

We only escalated once but as everyone here we received the standard "You have to wait longer" message.
Following that we emailed the MP but it was not very helpful as he told us the exact same thing "You have to wait longer and there is nothing we can do to help you more".
We then decided to wait patiently until we finally got it today !

It was a very long and exhausting experience but hang on and place your trust in God, multiply your prayers because there is absolutely nothing else to do. And you will be soon joining your partner and/or family in the UK Inshaa Allah !

I sincerely hope this message will give you faith and help you having a positive mind as previous posts helped me and my wife.

As for the next steps and visiting other pages in this forum I understand my wife has to apply for a resident card as the family member of an EEA (me).

I have a couple of questions because I saw the other timelines (EEA2(FM)) being nearly as long as for the FP and I am a bit concerned.

Can my wife get legally a job with this 6 months visa or does she absolutely need the residence card first ? Does having a job speed the process of having the EEA2(FM) ? Will she be able to work while doing the application for the residence card ? Otherwise is there a more suitable route than the EEA2(FM) to have a job because the company where I work might have a job for her.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice on that matter because I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15

Niss
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:12 pm
Morocco

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Niss » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm

user_15 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and it was very helpful to have updates from other people in my situation, particularly the happy news so I want to share with you my happy (but very long) experience.

My wife applied from Rabat, Morocco on the 28/06/2017.

All praise be to God the Almighty, today, the 29/01/2017 (7 months after) she picked up her passport with the family permit in it.

We gave all the documentation required as everyone did here: (Mariage certificate
original and certified translation, payslips, WhatsApp conversations, covering letter describing our story plus the document attached within the application...)

We only escalated once but as everyone here we received the standard "You have to wait longer" message.
Following that we emailed the MP but it was not very helpful as he told us the exact same thing "You have to wait longer and there is nothing we can do to help you more".
We then decided to wait patiently until we finally got it today !

It was a very long and exhausting experience but hang on and place your trust in God, multiply your prayers because there is absolutely nothing else to do. And you will be soon joining your partner and/or family in the UK Inshaa Allah !

I sincerely hope this message will give you faith and help you having a positive mind as previous posts helped me and my wife.

As for the next steps and visiting other pages in this forum I understand my wife has to apply for a resident card as the family member of an EEA (me).

I have a couple of questions because I saw the other timelines (EEA2(FM)) being nearly as long as for the FP and I am a bit concerned.

Can my wife get legally a job with this 6 months visa or does she absolutely need the residence card first ? Does having a job speed the process of having the EEA2(FM) ? Will she be able to work while doing the application for the residence card ? Otherwise is there a more suitable route than the EEA2(FM) to have a job because the company where I work might have a job for her.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice on that matter because I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15

Congratulations. I'm happy for you both . I applied from rabat morocco too on 10th july . where are you from ?

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm

user_15 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and it was very helpful to have updates from other people in my situation, particularly the happy news so I want to share with you my happy (but very long) experience.

My wife applied from Rabat, Morocco on the 28/06/2017.

All praise be to God the Almighty, today, the 29/01/2017 (7 months after) she picked up her passport with the family permit in it.

We gave all the documentation required as everyone did here: (Mariage certificate
original and certified translation, payslips, WhatsApp conversations, covering letter describing our story plus the document attached within the application...)

We only escalated once but as everyone here we received the standard "You have to wait longer" message.
Following that we emailed the MP but it was not very helpful as he told us the exact same thing "You have to wait longer and there is nothing we can do to help you more".
We then decided to wait patiently until we finally got it today !

It was a very long and exhausting experience but hang on and place your trust in God, multiply your prayers because there is absolutely nothing else to do. And you will be soon joining your partner and/or family in the UK Inshaa Allah !

I sincerely hope this message will give you faith and help you having a positive mind as previous posts helped me and my wife.

As for the next steps and visiting other pages in this forum I understand my wife has to apply for a resident card as the family member of an EEA (me).

I have a couple of questions because I saw the other timelines (EEA2(FM)) being nearly as long as for the FP and I am a bit concerned.

Can my wife get legally a job with this 6 months visa or does she absolutely need the residence card first ? Does having a job speed the process of having the EEA2(FM) ? Will she be able to work while doing the application for the residence card ? Otherwise is there a more suitable route than the EEA2(FM) to have a job because the company where I work might have a job for her.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice on that matter because I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15
Hi, she can work just with the family permit until it expires but some employers don’t know, so you need to convince them that she is allowed to work, about a month after the application of EEA FM she will enroll biometrics and the will receive her certificate of application that is recognized almost everywhere as proof of right to work

user_15
inactive
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am
Morocco

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by user_15 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Niss,

I am a French national and I wish you the best of luck for your application. Inshaa Allah you will have it soon !

Hi dan,

Thank you for your reply.

I spent the day trying to find a way to convince my employer that my non EEA wife has the right to work with her family permit only.
Everyone is saying yes she can but is there an article out there that I can present to my employer to prove that she can work while we are waiting for the certificate of application ?
Because I would like to secure the job for her while I do the EEA FM application.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:37 pm

user_15 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 pm
Hi Niss,

I am a French national and I wish you the best of luck for your application. Inshaa Allah you will have it soon !

Hi dan,

Thank you for your reply.

I spent the day trying to find a way to convince my employer that my non EEA wife has the right to work with her family permit only.
Everyone is saying yes she can but is there an article out there that I can present to my employer to prove that she can work while we are waiting for the certificate of application ?
Because I would like to secure the job for her while I do the EEA FM application.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15
When my non EEA wife got a job our employer (we are working at the same place), convinced by me, contacted HR office who agreed to hire her because on the Family Permit there are no limitations. On a standard visitor visa is printed "No work or recourse to public funds", you can show them this.

dmlylmz
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:31 pm
Turkey

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dmlylmz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:58 pm

alexielsld wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi everyone,

We married 09/07/2017 in Turkey. My husband is German. So like everybody else, we are apart since we applied for this. It is really frustrating. I hope we all can meet with their loved one soon.

My application history is like this ;

EEA FP Application datee : 16/08/2017- İstanbul
Not straightforward : 05/09/2017
last mail : 01/13/2018
Status: The application is now with UK Visas & Immigration for a decision.

And Damla, yes there is a turkish forum you can follow . Im putting the link below.

Weblink removed by moderator

Good luck everyone.
thank you again but the site has blocked the webpage u have sent....

and I emailed the othorities from the website by PAYING which is a bit weird and then i replied but they didnt emailed me back....in 26/01/18. what do you think?

alex1990
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 pm

user_15 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and it was very helpful to have updates from other people in my situation, particularly the happy news so I want to share with you my happy (but very long) experience.

My wife applied from Rabat, Morocco on the 28/06/2017.

All praise be to God the Almighty, today, the 29/01/2017 (7 months after) she picked up her passport with the family permit in it.

We gave all the documentation required as everyone did here: (Mariage certificate
original and certified translation, payslips, WhatsApp conversations, covering letter describing our story plus the document attached within the application...)

We only escalated once but as everyone here we received the standard "You have to wait longer" message.
Following that we emailed the MP but it was not very helpful as he told us the exact same thing "You have to wait longer and there is nothing we can do to help you more".
We then decided to wait patiently until we finally got it today !

It was a very long and exhausting experience but hang on and place your trust in God, multiply your prayers because there is absolutely nothing else to do. And you will be soon joining your partner and/or family in the UK Inshaa Allah !

I sincerely hope this message will give you faith and help you having a positive mind as previous posts helped me and my wife.

As for the next steps and visiting other pages in this forum I understand my wife has to apply for a resident card as the family member of an EEA (me).

I have a couple of questions because I saw the other timelines (EEA2(FM)) being nearly as long as for the FP and I am a bit concerned.

Can my wife get legally a job with this 6 months visa or does she absolutely need the residence card first ? Does having a job speed the process of having the EEA2(FM) ? Will she be able to work while doing the application for the residence card ? Otherwise is there a more suitable route than the EEA2(FM) to have a job because the company where I work might have a job for her.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice on that matter because I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_15
mashallah
very good i wish you great time with your family

Mughlii
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 am
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:38 pm

ValmiraTo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm
Mughlii wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm
withdrwal case
got documents
booked ticket
traveling to uk with spouse
got my civil partner certificate ready and my residence card (tarjeta comunitaria)
Congrats on the new life, I want to ask a question, which airport did you chose in UK, and what documents does the British border requested to you?
i am still in spain i am just goin to do that i love to go manchester and i will let u know what documents they gona ask me next week i am flying

ValmiraTo
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 am
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by ValmiraTo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Mughlii wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:38 pm
ValmiraTo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm
Mughlii wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm
withdrwal case
got documents
booked ticket
traveling to uk with spouse
got my civil partner certificate ready and my residence card (tarjeta comunitaria)
Congrats on the new life, I want to ask a question, which airport did you chose in UK, and what documents does the British border requested to you?
i am still in spain i am just goin to do that i love to go manchester and i will let u know what documents they gona ask me next week i am flying
Ah I thought you're already in UK. Good luck, hope for god news 😊

MuAl
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 pm
Mood:
Libya

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by MuAl » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Need help :( :(
Application have been Refused............

Hi all
I have applied for an EEA FP last last August 2017 from Rome.

This my up date and the timeline:
Date of Applying visa at TLS visa center Rome (bio metrics): 25 August 2017
Date of Received email (case not straight forward): 14 September 2017
Called for escalation: 14 October 2017
Called of complain: 25 October 2017
contact the pm: 20 November 2017
contact and open case with SOLVIT: 30 November 2017

Yesterday on the 29 January 2018 have ben contacted by email from the Shefo to confirm me that my applicatione been Refused and the reason that them can not make shure that my spouse,sopnsor is an EEA nationality as I have been provided and there is no Evidence that I included to show that is she an EEA nationality.
After long, stress, defficult and ill waiting by me and my spouse. all this 6 six months after waiting this the visa officer result and reason of refuse.

As I have been in uk for 3 times with deffirent EEA visas of 2015/2016/2017 period and my wedding certificate and all the documents that I have included them can not make sure from my spouse is EEA. :!: :!: :?:

can some one advise me what I have to do please....
any one had happen this type of refuse with him
Thank you ..........

Post Reply
cron