Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ble Ble
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Ble Ble » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Dannyvlc wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 am
Good day everyone, I've been following this forum for over 5 months, since I found it. Actually it has been my comforter over these last few months, especially when I read about people getting their visa, it gave me hope.
Though it's my first message, after getting my visa I decided to comment maybe others might get hope thru it. My timeline is:
I'm EU citizen and my wife, s Nigerian. She applied at Abuja on 03/08/2017.
15/08/17: email from Ukvi informing receipt of visa application and awaiting decision.
20/08/17: not straightforward email.
30/08/17: I made a phone call to know reason for delay and was told that my application was escalated n would receive email from Ukvi, which I didn't.
10/10/17: I sent an email for second escalation n received the usual blablabla that they were working on it.
03/01/2018: sent an email for the third escalation, received reply, still working on it.
29/01/2018: another email but by this time I was fed up with the whole issue that I bore my mind in the email accusing them of being heartless n inconsiderate. I was really mad n I made them knew about it, of course without insulting them neither did I beg them as I used to. This time they replied that they were gonna pass it to the shift manager, never heard of that before then.
05/02/2018: email from TLS that decision taken n passport posted back to me. Didn't even receive email from Ukvi informing me n I was worried.
07/02/2018: passport received with visa dated 31/01/2018.
I'm so happy after this long wait. At the end 190 days, 133 working days.
I just wanna use this opportunity to encourage those still in this mess. Have faith it will soon be Ur turn to give a testimony.


Congratulations Dannyvlc! Thank you for the update.

Olajide1
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:32 am
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Olajide1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Paschal wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm
Hello guys.

My wife has got her visa.

Am so happy for it.

Already booked her flight to Uk.

Now I have one question her visa says D- EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER to join: my name...

With this permit can she travel to ITALY with me or does she need a visa.?

Thanks
Congratulations

Karim007
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am
Tunisia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Karim007 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am

Hello guys , i need an advice ,so im non European married to a polish wife I live in poland and I'm waiting for my temporary resident card , I got stump in my passport and I need to wait another 3 months minimum to get a card , so for the moment I don't work , and my wife she was living in England for 8 years and now she works in Poland we planned from beginning to apply for eea family permit UK and to go together so I wanted to ask if we can apply now with my present situation or if better to wait until I get my polish temporary card to prove I'm legal and in general how long it takes thank you very much

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dan1988uk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

Karim007 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:30 am
Hello guys , i need an advice ,so im non European married to a polish wife I live in poland and I'm waiting for my temporary resident card , I got stump in my passport and I need to wait another 3 months minimum to get a card , so for the moment I don't work , and my wife she was living in England for 8 years and now she works in Poland we planned from beginning to apply for eea family permit UK and to go together so I wanted to ask if we can apply now with my present situation or if better to wait until I get my polish temporary card to prove I'm legal and in general how long it takes thank you very much
You can apply even with a temporary status or a visa

Olajide1
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:32 am
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Olajide1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello all,
Finally arrived the uk today.
For every one waiting just never stop believing
Cheers

Ble Ble
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Ble Ble » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Olajide1 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 pm
Hello all,
Finally arrived the uk today.
For every one waiting just never stop believing
Cheers


Congratulations Olajide. Enjoy your family life!

alex1990
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 pm

HI EVERY ONE
22-06-2017 submitted
ALHMDULILAH 03.02.2017 The decision made
05.02.2018 passport return
06.02.2018 I arrived Liverpool airport
good luck to all who still waiting

:lol:

Mughlii
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 am
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mughlii » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm

hi every one i am glad to tell that i made it i am in manchester now i am regretting that i wasted my 6 months for nothing but i will make them to pay for it coz now i am here and i made it very easily i got stamped on airport for six months eea family permit i am sorry for those who guide you wrong they are lods of in this forum don't listen them just book ur tickets and jump in with ur eea spouse bring ur documents with u merriage certificatr or civil partnerships certficate or any proof of being family member of eea national and take ur residence card thats all u need but obviously ur spouse with you travel together specially those who are from spain don't hesitate they even didn't ask any documents from me they are very rude but dont be scared just answer and they will ask u for visa butt tell them that u dont need one it is mentioned on ur website thats it they will try thier best to send u back but dont scared just say that we want to go for visit just for one month and u know that aswell we dont need visa thats all
best of luk for those who r going to do that

yanaveron
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by yanaveron » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks

twitwi
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 pm
China

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by twitwi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi, guys.

Bad news for me, after 4 months of waiting, I get the mail today that tell me my EEA FP was refused because lack of evidence of any historical documentary for my marriage . For god of sake, i gave them our 4 years of paid taxes with both our names on it. Our joined bank account statement , but it's not enough...
So I decide i will go through the eurotunnel with my husband as soon as i get my passport back.
So anyone who has or knows how to get through the tunnel please share the info with me.
Also if i'm lucky enough to pass the tunnel, can I apply the resident permit in UK as soon as possible?
Thanks!

User avatar
Merzit
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:58 pm
Mood:
Albania

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Merzit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

GUYS!!!!!!! FINNALY I RECEIVED THIS ANSWER FROM GOV.UK!!

Dear Applicant,
TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.
You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

Omg im so excited because I was waiting around 182 working days, 9 months and finally is here my passport, just tomorrow I’ll receive in my house AWWWWW IM SO NERVOUS,!!
God bless me and Everyone here!!!!!!
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

alex1990
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:14 pm
Haiti

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alex1990 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks

I think me too i am asking the same question!
And i need to know wich documents can be helpful and how when !!
If there is any fourm or posta can be useful pleas I really want it !!
Thanks

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.

yanaveron
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by yanaveron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
And do you have any idea for what period of time I must represent bills? A month or more?

yanaveron
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by yanaveron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Merzit wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm
GUYS!!!!!!! FINNALY I RECEIVED THIS ANSWER FROM GOV.UK!!

Dear Applicant,
TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.
You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

Omg im so excited because I was waiting around 182 working days, 9 months and finally is here my passport, just tomorrow I’ll receive in my house AWWWWW IM SO NERVOUS,!!
God bless me and Everyone here!!!!!!
Hi Merzit! Finally you have gotten a decision! Congrats! I really hope that is positive! Share your update!

alexbro
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 pm
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by alexbro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 pm

elemak wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi everyone!

Today, finally I've got my FP.
Would like to share my story:
I applied 20.06.2017 Madrid/Spain ( It was my second application, the first one was refused)
Not straightforward email 07.07.2017
My first complain to UK Visas and Immigration 19.09.2017 (got any result in really, was told that my application was not straightforward but they were working on it)
My second complain 10.01.2018 . I got an email 19.01.2018 there I was informed decision was made and soon I would received further news .
Indeed I received it on the same day , two hours earlier:-))) And today, I have got my passaport with FP.

I wish you good luck to all!!!
In case you have any questions ...please ask I would be happy to answer and perhaps help!
Congrats on your FP!
When you say you complained - did you call or email them or somehow else? What phone/email did you use to complain?
We're in the same situation in Madrid...

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am

yanaveron wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm
dan1988uk wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
And do you have any idea for what period of time I must represent bills? A month or more?
Payslips: 3 months.
Bills: just recent ones that show your name and your spouse's name (or together). Home Office's guidelines say that they want at least 6 bills from 3 different sources with both of your names. We attached 1 electricity and gas bill (my wife's name), 1 internet bill (my name), 1 water bill (both names), bank letters (one on my name, one on my wife's name and our joint account's letter). I also attached Tesco online grocery receipts and tenancy agreement on both names.

yanaveron
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Ukraine

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by yanaveron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am
yanaveron wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm
dan1988uk wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
And do you have any idea for what period of time I must represent bills? A month or more?
Payslips: 3 months.
Bills: just recent ones that show your name and your spouse's name (or together). Home Office's guidelines say that they want at least 6 bills from 3 different sources with both of your names. We attached 1 electricity and gas bill (my wife's name), 1 internet bill (my name), 1 water bill (both names), bank letters (one on my name, one on my wife's name and our joint account's letter). I also attached Tesco online grocery receipts and tenancy agreement on both names.
Thank you very much ! So there isn’t need to show bills for the last 3 months, enough only for the last month? With payslips all clear. My unique concern is the period of bills...

pinarita
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:07 pm
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by pinarita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my situation with you because I think it is “HILARIOUS” and you should understand how disrespectfully the UK visa autorities are treating people.

I am a Non-EU national living in Spain legally for more than 7 years. My Spanish husband and I have been married for almost 4 years (got married in my country but also ratified the marriage in Spain). Before the marriage we were registered as civil partners in Spain for 3 years more. (In summary we have been living together for 7 years in Spain) I hold a permanent residence card for Spain as a family member of a Spanish citizen.
Last October we were thinking about moving to the UK to make a change in our lives, so I applied for FP visa in Madrid visa office in October 2017. I provided all the necessary documents like marriage certificate in multilingual international format issued by Spanish authorities, Spanish family book, address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, civil partnership certificate, joint bank account certificates, former FM visa, etc. More importantly the Spanish residence card of a family member of an EU citizen.
I was informed that on these days the UK was taking this process very slowly (it wasn’t a real problem for us because both of us were already working in good jobs in Spain) but I never thought that I would receive a refusal to my application. I was already issued a FP 4-5 years ago when we were just civil partners, not married.
After four months of waiting, last Friday I finally received the answer to my application and I was shocked because it was a refusal. When I read the reasons they provided, first I didn’t even understand it and after started to laugh. Here they are:

-As proof of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor you have provided a Spanish
marriage certificate. However, this document details that the it was issued on
09/10/2017, nearly 3 years after your wedding day: 21/06/2014. Due to the length of
time between the wedding ceremony and the date of issue, this certificate cannot be
accepted as reliable evidence of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor.
(WHAT???? I don’t know the other countries but in Spain the marriage certificates are issued by the date you ask for it and they are valid for 3 months. A marriage certificate issued 3-4 years ago wouldn’t be valid because you might have divorced later. Plus, the certificate format was an international one that are agreed by many countries including Spain and the UK)

- It is also noted that your marriage certificate states that you and your sponsor got
married in xxx (my country of origin). This leads me to believe that the document submitted
isn’t your original marriage certificate. You must provide your original marriage
certificate which was issued and registered around the time of the ceremony.
Furthermore, you have not provided any photographs of your wedding to prove that the
ceremony took place. (Photos????? Really???)

- You have also provided a Spanish family book and letters from Barcelona Council
stating that you and your sponsor are stable partners. However, these documents are
deemed insufficient in proving your relationship to your EEA national sponsor.
Furthermore, you have provided no other documents to satisfy me that the relationship
is genuine, subsisting and is not one of convenience. There are no photographs of you
together at any time, no evidence of cohabitation or anything else to evidence the
relationship between you. (I did provide address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, joint bank account certificates, and SPANISH RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU CITIZEN! What else ???? Really photos??? Obviously we have hunders of photos taken together but they can not refuse my application because I just didn't submitted photos.)

-I therefore am not satisfied that you have a genuine relationship with an EEA national
and that you are genuinely an EEA partner in accordance with regulation 7 of the
Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.
I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that
you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 (see ECGs EUN2.23)of the Immigration
(European Economic Area) Regulations 2016


This is like a joke. Obviously, they refused my application because they wanted so. They are capable to refuse any application based on anything. You have only 2 eyes and 2 hands but the minimum acceptance limit for us is 3…
I don’t know if I am going to appeal. I don’t really need to move to the UK and probably by the end of 2018 I will become a Spanish citizen (no visa need for Spanish). If I appeal, I will do it because of the disrespect and the ignorance they show. I don’t want them win. I want to give them more paperwork to deal with....

Good luck to everyone…

corina
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm
Netherlands

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by corina » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 am

Hi everyone!


I have been reading this thread for a few months now and it has given us a lot of support during the whole the waiting process.

I would just like to let you all know that my partner has received his EEA family permit today! He'll fly to the UK in about ten days. The timeline looks like this:

Biometrics in Rabat, Morocco: 15/09/2017
Not straightforward e-mail: 02/10/2017
First escalation through e-mail: 18/10/2017 -> Haven't heard anything
Second escalation through e-mail: 14/11/2017 -> Haven't heard anything
Third escalation through telephone: 31/01/2018 -> Received an e-mail that they cannot give a timeline since application is not straightforward.
Visa approved: 02/02/2018
Received e-mail that decision has been made: 12/02/2018
Collected passport with visa: 13/02/2018

In total, I estimate this has taken around 100 working days.

During the process I have contacted the local MP (labour party, but could not help us) and Solvit (took a very long time). During the third escalation on the phone I made a very strong point that they are violating EU regulations (must have worked, the decision was made soon after).

I wish everyone here the best. I know how stressful the process can be. No matter how long it will take for all of you, in retrospect it will be worth it!


Thank you for all of your (subconscious) support.

Post Reply
cron