ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

Nyimatouray
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Nyimatouray » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 pm

preciouschiomy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm
I got my family permit today.
My timeline is as follows

Application submitted online: 24th Jan 2018
Biometrics (Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria): 1st February, 2018
Application received by UKVI: 7 February 2018
Collection email from TLScontact: 20th February , 2018
My passport delivered to me by courier : 22nd February 2018
visa approved from 15 February, 2018
Congratulation dear. My husband first application was refused we want to apply again please can you tell me which documents you send. He applied from lagos nigeria in july . decision made 30 of january Thanks

lav1019
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:51 am
Malaysia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by lav1019 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:01 am

Dear all,

I received my family permit today. It was a very stressful period.
My timeline is as follows:-

Application submitted online: 03 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia): 14 Feb 2018
Application received by UKVI (by email): 15 Feb 2018
Collection email from VFS: None as I only received a text that "The processed visa application for xxx was collected on 26 Feb 2018"
Went to VFS centre to collect my passports : 26 Feb 2018
Permit approved from 22 Feb 2018 (despite I indicated I intend to travel on end of March) :/

Good luck everyone :)
Now it's time for me to get stressed for the Residence Card application :oops:

preciouschiomy
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:44 pm
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by preciouschiomy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Nyimatouray wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:22 pm
preciouschiomy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm
I got my family permit today.
My timeline is as follows

Application submitted online: 24th Jan 2018
Biometrics (Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria): 1st February, 2018
Application received by UKVI: 7 February 2018
Collection email from TLScontact: 20th February , 2018
My passport delivered to me by courier : 22nd February 2018
visa approved from 15 February, 2018
Congratulation dear. My husband first application was refused we want to apply again please can you tell me which documents you send. He applied from lagos nigeria in july . decision made 30 of january Thanks

Document submitted!
APPLICANT DOCUMENTS
• Printed and signed visa application form
• My personal statement (letter)
• Data page of my passport
• Affidavit of age declaration, declared by my mother
• Data page of our son's Spanish passport
• Tuberculosis test certificate
• My bank statement of account showing all the money received from my husband
• Previous visa refusal letters (Greece, Spain and UK)

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
• Registrar Marriage certificate
• Photographs of us before our marriage.
• Photographs of our civil marriage
• Our son's Nigeria birth certificate
• Our son's Spanish birth certificate (original in Spanish and English translation)
• Husband’s flight ticket and copy of all entry and exit stamps showing all his visits to Nigeria
• Email exchanges between husband and I from 2009
• Print out of our Facebook chats and calls from 2012 to 2014.
• Print out of our Whatsapp chats and calls from March 2016 to January 2018
• Reference letter from my mother and copy of her identity card
• Reference letter from my sister in law and copy of her identity card

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
• Letter of introduction from husband
• Divorce documents from husband's previous marriage. both originals in Spanish and English translations
• Divorce certificate from husband's previous marriage (original and English translation)
• Data page of husband’s passport
• Certified copy of husband’s EEA I D card
• Husband’s Registration certificate
• Husband's tenancy agreement
• Husband’s Utility and council tax bill
• Letter from Husband's employer
• Husband’s six months bank statement of account
• Husband’s six months Payslip from his two jobs
• Copy of husband's work I D card
• Receipts of money received from husband

Dalekal
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:54 am
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Dalekal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:26 am

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the documents back after a decision has been made?
My time line is as follows:
Date of application VFS New Delhi: 1st February 2018
Date of application received email confirmation: 1st February 2018
Date of a call to UKVI to get a status update: 22nd February 2018 (told a decision was made)
Date of Email confirmation to collect documents: awaiting

My worry is as to why is it taking so long for them to send me the documents through if the decision has already been made.
Does it mean it is bad news?

Xter27
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Xter27 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm

The timeline for my wife’s FP is below:

Application submitted online: Mid January
Documents scanned at VFS (Saigon, Vietnam): 26th, January
Confirmation e-mail from Sheffield: Same day

This was the only e-mail we received from Sheffield.

VFS called my wife today asking to collect her passport.

Passport collected: 27th Feb. FP granted :)

Overall, it took us a month. Very pleased with that. FP valid from 13th, Feb, so I imagine the decision was made less than 3 weeks after submission.

Thank you all for sharing your timelines and I wish all the success to those who are still waiting.

samiprakash
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by samiprakash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:41 pm

royal12345 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm
samiprakash wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 pm
Hi all,
Finally after 8 months my husbands application has been dispatched from New Delhi to Kathmandu today. He received a text message for that info don't know when vfs in Nepal will call him to pick his passport up. I will let u guys know about the outcome. I am really nervous and hoping for the good news. Have spent 8 months of stressful time . He applied on 23rd June 2017. Lets hope for good. Will be back with outcome.xx

Hey Samiprakash please update further on your result as my husband is also applying from Kathmandu , he has an appointment at VFS next week to submit his application. Your feedback will be much appreciated. Hope you will be able to share happy news!

Hey royal
Finally good news my husband collected his passport yesterday on 26/02/18 with FP STAMP on it valid from 19/02/18 it took 8 months for his application to be approved. But it now looks like they are back with their normal timeframe which is 2/3 weeks. We were very unlucky to apply at that time last year so had to spend 8 months of stressful and depressive time but everything is sorted now. Me and my husband will be together soon. Good luck to all of you who are waiting you will get it with time. And thanks to this forum which I had been following since 8 months. It helped alot. Take care

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Elizabeths03 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am

Hey everyone!

We submitted our application 2 weeks ago, so its just a waiting game for us.

Anyone else waiting for an answer???

I guess everyone else who was waiting from their application last year has got a response :)

It’s snowing heavily in the UK so I doubt there will be any work done over the next 2 days :(

Lets wait and see!

Chhieze
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 pm
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Chhieze » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm

I applied for EEA FP for myself and children from Lagos ,Nigeria on
Biometrics 28th Feb 2018
Transferred for decision 28th Feb 2018
Received at UKVI for decisions on 2nd March 2018

Keep u all posted ...
Wish me luck

Elizabeths03
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Elizabeths03 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Glory be to God, we got our Family Permit! And it was very quick!!!! I can't stop smiling :)


Application submitted online: 6 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Ikeja, Lagos. Nigeria): 19 February 2018
Application received by UKVI: 21 February 2018
Collection email from TLS contact: 5 March 2018
Visa approved from 1 March 2018

That means it took them exactly 7 working days to process our application!!!!!

I have to say that it's because of people sharing their experience on forums like this that we were able to send a complete application, even though we only got married in January this year! So thank you to you all :)

raph
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by raph » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 pm

[quote=Elizabeths03 post_id=1605926 time=1520338483 user_id=185050]
Glory be to God, we got our Family Permit! And it was very quick!!!! I can't stop smiling :)


Application submitted online: 6 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Ikeja, Lagos. Nigeria): 19 February 2018
Application received by UKVI: 21 February 2018
Collection email from TLS contact: 5 March 2018
Visa approved from 1 March 2018

That means it took them exactly 7 working days to process our application!!!!!

I have to say that it's because of people sharing their experience on forums like this that we were able to send a complete application, even though we only got married in January this year! So thank you to you all :)

Woow Congratulations !!! happy for you :D :D ! We initially had an appointment on the 19th of February in Ikeja as well :) but we postponed . Hoping that we will receive our response next

Jaydd
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 am
Mood:
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Jaydd » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:09 am

Hi guys jay here back again, I applied in may 2017 and after waiting for long time i got a decision in dec 2017 stating you do not have enough historical evidences so to prove your relationship with the sponsor you must either do DNA test or either more of historical evidences. So after doing DNA test i reapplied on Feb 16 2018 and recieve the decision in 12 working days with Family permit stamp onto it, applied from mumbai vfs. I am very happy finally period of stress is relieved. I guess they are back to normal timeline of 15days as they have withdrawn from brexit. For all those who are waiting dont worry you will get yojr decisions soon.

And i also have one question that i am applying for university so do i have to pay international fees or home tution fees? Help if someone has any idea.

Summary
Date of application with biometrics- 16feb 2018
Date of sms recieve- on the same day
Date stating courier has dispatched - 5 march 2018
Date received my passport- 6 march 2018

Tufail101
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:45 am

hi ,i had same situation,i waited for 7 months and got refusal for historical documents,
Did u get DNA for both of u ?
its pity that now we have to get the DNA Test for proving that our relation :wink:
i am planing to apply again, could you share the documents you submitted this time ?
Regards
Tufail

Roy2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:48 pm
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Roy2018 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Hello everyone,

After a long wait since 2017 I finally got my FP today :D :D :lol: . I have been refused once which i applied on 14th of June 2017 and it was refused after 7 and half months on January 4th 2018. We were extremely depressed and stressed but I didnt give up and I applied again on Feb 22nd 2018 and today i got my Passport with FP stamped on 7th March 2018 ..... I am really excited 8) and I know that this is just the beginning as the battle remains to get the resident permit .... if anyone in this forum is going to apply for that in the UK plz share information about it....


My timeline is as follows:-

Application submitted online: 22 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Kolkata, INDIA): 22 Feb 2018
Application received by UKVI (by sms)same day : 22 Feb 2018
Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer via Email: 27th Feb 2018
The processed visa application for xxx will be sent to your address by courier : 5th March 2018"
Received Passport with Family Permit Visa: 7th March 2018 (by courier) :D
Visa stamped: 5th March 2018

Permit approved from 5th March 2018 (despite I indicated I intend to travel on 22nd of March)

For all those who are waiting .... Best of luck and never give up....

Tufail101
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tufail101 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 am

Roy2018 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm
Hello everyone,

After a long wait since 2017 I finally got my FP today :D :D :lol: . I have been refused once which i applied on 14th of June 2017 and it was refused after 7 and half months on January 4th 2018. We were extremely depressed and stressed but I didnt give up and I applied again on Feb 22nd 2018 and today i got my Passport with FP stamped on 7th March 2018 ..... I am really excited 8) and I know that this is just the beginning as the battle remains to get the resident permit .... if anyone in this forum is going to apply for that in the UK plz share information about it....


My timeline is as follows:-

Application submitted online: 22 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Kolkata, INDIA): 22 Feb 2018
Application received by UKVI (by sms)same day : 22 Feb 2018
Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer via Email: 27th Feb 2018
The processed visa application for xxx will be sent to your address by courier : 5th March 2018"
Received Passport with Family Permit Visa: 7th March 2018 (by courier) :D
Visa stamped: 5th March 2018

Permit approved from 5th March 2018 (despite I indicated I intend to travel on 22nd of March)

For all those who are waiting .... Best of luck and never give up....
Congratulations !!!! would you like to share documents list to help others ,cheers
Regards
M Tufail

Roy2018
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:48 pm
India

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Roy2018 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:40 pm

As for the list of documents

1. My passports (2)
2. All other IDs
3. My Job details
4. IT returns .
5. Witness statement mine and her's
6. Her utility bills, including water bill internet bills, and all
7. Her salary Slip of last 8 months
8. Her Job letter and agreements
9. Tenancy agreement in UK
10. Complete details of her work permit and valid eligibility to work in UK
11. Letter from her Manager confirming her job and annual salary.
12. Passport with all pages (copy)
13. Marriage certificate legalized in India.
14. Her visit to India twice and Indian visa( flight tickets .. hotel reservation .. )
15. Western union money transfer details.
16. Joint accounts in bank in India
17. Most importantly 300 photos in A4 page (3 pics in each page)
18. Chat history and call history from Facebook ( 560 pages , random) and skype (2010 to 2018)

I submitted 1217 pages in total.... I hope it will help.... thank u once again for the wishes .... cheers

Tufail101 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 am
Roy2018 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm
Hello everyone,

After a long wait since 2017 I finally got my FP today :D :D :lol: . I have been refused once which i applied on 14th of June 2017 and it was refused after 7 and half months on January 4th 2018. We were extremely depressed and stressed but I didnt give up and I applied again on Feb 22nd 2018 and today i got my Passport with FP stamped on 7th March 2018 ..... I am really excited 8) and I know that this is just the beginning as the battle remains to get the resident permit .... if anyone in this forum is going to apply for that in the UK plz share information about it....


My timeline is as follows:-

Application submitted online: 22 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Kolkata, INDIA): 22 Feb 2018
Application received by UKVI (by sms)same day : 22 Feb 2018
Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer via Email: 27th Feb 2018
The processed visa application for xxx will be sent to your address by courier : 5th March 2018"
Received Passport with Family Permit Visa: 7th March 2018 (by courier) :D
Visa stamped: 5th March 2018

Permit approved from 5th March 2018 (despite I indicated I intend to travel on 22nd of March)

For all those who are waiting .... Best of luck and never give up....
Congratulations !!!! would you like to share documents list to help others ,cheers
Regards
M Tufail

Tufail101
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm
Pakistan

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tufail101 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 am

Roy2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:40 pm
As for the list of documents

1. My passports (2)
2. All other IDs
3. My Job details
4. IT returns .
5. Witness statement mine and her's
6. Her utility bills, including water bill internet bills, and all
7. Her salary Slip of last 8 months
8. Her Job letter and agreements
9. Tenancy agreement in UK
10. Complete details of her work permit and valid eligibility to work in UK
11. Letter from her Manager confirming her job and annual salary.
12. Passport with all pages (copy)
13. Marriage certificate legalized in India.
14. Her visit to India twice and Indian visa( flight tickets .. hotel reservation .. )
15. Western union money transfer details.
16. Joint accounts in bank in India
17. Most importantly 300 photos in A4 page (3 pics in each page)
18. Chat history and call history from Facebook ( 560 pages , random) and skype (2010 to 2018)

I submitted 1217 pages in total.... I hope it will help.... thank u once again for the wishes .... cheers

Tufail101 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 am
Roy2018 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:46 pm
Hello everyone,

After a long wait since 2017 I finally got my FP today :D :D :lol: . I have been refused once which i applied on 14th of June 2017 and it was refused after 7 and half months on January 4th 2018. We were extremely depressed and stressed but I didnt give up and I applied again on Feb 22nd 2018 and today i got my Passport with FP stamped on 7th March 2018 ..... I am really excited 8) and I know that this is just the beginning as the battle remains to get the resident permit .... if anyone in this forum is going to apply for that in the UK plz share information about it....


My timeline is as follows:-

Application submitted online: 22 Feb 2018
Biometrics (Kolkata, INDIA): 22 Feb 2018
Application received by UKVI (by sms)same day : 22 Feb 2018
Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer via Email: 27th Feb 2018
The processed visa application for xxx will be sent to your address by courier : 5th March 2018"
Received Passport with Family Permit Visa: 7th March 2018 (by courier) :D
Visa stamped: 5th March 2018

Permit approved from 5th March 2018 (despite I indicated I intend to travel on 22nd of March)

For all those who are waiting .... Best of luck and never give up....
Congratulations !!!! would you like to share documents list to help others ,cheers
Regards
M Tufail
thanks a lot,that will help a lot,,,

Chhieze
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 pm
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Chhieze » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Chhieze wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm
I applied for EEA FP for myself and children from Lagos ,Nigeria on
Biometrics 28th Feb 2018
Transferred for decision 28th Feb 2018
Received at UKVI for decisions on 2nd March 2018

Keep u all posted ...
Wish me luck
God is faithful. .....
I got a mail that my processed application is ready for collection on 15/03/2018
Collected 16/03/2018
EEA FP approved in 12/03/2018

I guess they are thru with the backlog of 2017 applications

Goodluck to those still expecting

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:29 am
Philippines

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by tina_tan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am

Hello everyone!

I am glad that some of us who applied for family permit has been successfully granted and some are not but do not give up, before I received my Family permit I've waited for almost 9 months before they grant my visa. So, do not lose hope!
I am here in England now, I arrived here last Feb. 08, 2018, and I would like to ask if anyone applied for a RESIDENCE CARD? I would appreciate if someone might like to help me out of this, I am still looking for a job and planning to apply for my personal bank account and joint account with my husband,my concern is, when am I going to apply for a Residence Card? is it anytime once if my required documents are ready? I am confuse now. I hope someone have the same situation with me and how she or he get through with it.
Thank you for reading.

Tina Tan from Philippines

BIG Dobby
inactive
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 pm

tina_tan wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am
Hello everyone!

I am glad that some of us who applied for family permit has been successfully granted and some are not but do not give up, before I received my Family permit I've waited for almost 9 months before they grant my visa. So, do not lose hope!
I am here in England now, I arrived here last Feb. 08, 2018, and I would like to ask if anyone applied for a RESIDENCE CARD? I would appreciate if someone might like to help me out of this, I am still looking for a job and planning to apply for my personal bank account and joint account with my husband,my concern is, when am I going to apply for a Residence Card? is it anytime once if my required documents are ready? I am confuse now. I hope someone have the same situation with me and how she or he get through with it.
Thank you for reading.

Tina Tan from Philippines

You only need your Spouse to add you to his/her council tax plus the document you used for family permit (Note: payslips and bank statement must be current; letter of employment). You don't need much dear. Application can be made any time even immediately you arrived in the UK!

Hope this helps

Zee11
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm
Spain

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Zee11 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:10 pm

unuojeye wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm
Hello Zee 11, if your in law has the communitario resident card, just tell her to buy ticket immediately.tell her to hold marriage certificate, the family book, the husband working contract, 3 months pay slip
I arrived in UK February 1 with my Spanish family member resident card.but my husband came with the kids and we all travelled back together.don, t waste time.tell her to buy ticket immediately. My husband also held the tenancy agreement letter and council tax bill.just tell her to hold everything she used to apply.I wish her the best.
Hi can i ask which airport did you landed when you came here in uk?

Post Reply
cron