Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Faro786
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:41 pm
Mood:

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Faro786 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm

No I haven’t got a decision yet sorry to hear about ur case I hope I get mine soon I’m praying day and night

Mostar27
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 4:08 pm
Croatia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mostar27 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi everyone
Please forgive me if my English is not so great,I haven't use it since highschool and that was long time ago :)
O.k,so I found this forum today and my head is going to explode now because there is so many people refused and I thought its gonna be easy with my family permit.I don't see many information about EEA settlement scheme family permit simce it is a kinda new visa because of brexit as I understend.I really hope that someome here can help me just to calmed me down.
Ok,my husband is in UK for 8 month now,he is EU Croatia nationality,my kids are also EU and I am in process of getting Croatian citizenship.We are married for 14 years and have two kids.
I apply for EEU settlement scheme family permit and provide a document they ask me and they only asked for marrieg cetifikate and my ID and my passport.....Just in case I take a copy of my husband passport and he send me a copy of his payslipe.He's having pre-settlement status and I send a copy that he is gett by Email.So I thougt that is more than they ask me.I went to TLS on May 15,Sarajevo,Bosnia and Herzegovima,and provide all documents and biometrics and they told me ok,that is it,now you will wait about 15 working days.And yesterday I recevied this mail:
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Panic! And I dont understend what is happening?!Why?!
So please I'm asking you if anyone can explaine me anything?I will be grateful.
Thank you for any answer.

NatCam
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:26 am
Georgia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by NatCam » Fri May 31, 2019 5:39 pm

@Mostar27 Hi,
It usually means that they are too busy. This is their generic response.
The main thing is to prove to the Home Office that you are legally married and that your spouse is residing in the UK and working (they don't like job seekers). If you have enough proof you are ok.

Don't panic, give it 3 weeks or so.

Mostar27
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 4:08 pm
Croatia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mostar27 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:39 pm
@Mostar27 Hi,
It usually means that they are too busy. This is their generic response.
The main thing is to prove to the Home Office that you are legally married and that your spouse is residing in the UK and working (they don't like job seekers). If you have enough proof you are ok.

Don't panic, give it 3 weeks or so.
Thank you,honestly,thank you so much,I needed that to calm down,even my husband also told me not to panic,everything will be ok,but that is his job,thats way I love him :)
Thank you so much. :)

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:18 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by cookiemonster19 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!

howtobeksenia
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 7:31 pm
Belarus

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by howtobeksenia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm

cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!
Hello :) I received my passport on 30th May with a Family Permit. Even though decision was made on 24th... I really hope you receive your passport back soon! Fingers crossed!

1990phusang
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:37 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:40 am

howtobeksenia wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hi all! I am new here :) Decided to share my experience as well.

Application submitted: 11.05
Biometric: 13.05
Email received stating that my application was received my Decision Making Centre: 14.05
Call to the UKVI to clarify the status of my application: 27.05 - they said that decision was made.

Applied in Minsk, Belarus.

Now I am waiting for my passport... So stressed :(
Hey you there...how is it? Have you received your passport already? I tried to call them on 29th and they said it was still under consideration. I applied 2 days after you so I thought I would just check how was the progress. And now I am in a panic mode, hoping that everything is gonna be fine with no delay whatsoever.
Keep us posted!
Hello :) I received my passport on 30th May with a Family Permit. Even though decision was made on 24th... I really hope you receive your passport back soon! Fingers crossed!
Congratulations to you 👍🏼 I have applied exactly 1 week after you . So hopefully my will get response soon .

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:18 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by cookiemonster19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 am

howtobeksenia wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:59 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 am
Hello :) I received my passport on 30th May with a Family Permit. Even though decision was made on 24th... I really hope you receive your passport back soon! Fingers crossed!
That's great! Congrats! Wish me luck, I will try to call them again today

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:18 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by cookiemonster19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am

Timeline update :


Online application: 7 May 2019
Biometric: 15 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgement and prepared for ECO consideration: 16 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 3 June 2019
Passport collection: 4 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated on 29 May 2019

(Application from Jakarta, Indonesia)


I am grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all best of luck for your application!

dhruv45in
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: London

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by dhruv45in » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:18 am

Hi all,

I applied for my EEA FP on 26-03-2019 and still waiting for a decision. I received an acknowledgment e mail but no other email. I did write to UKVI mid may and I was told my case is escalated and I should hear within 15 days. It’s been 15 days since the escalation but I haven’t heard anything. Is this usual?

I had successfully applied for an eea fp and eea2 residence card in 2010 and have had 2 x work visas after that. I don’t understand why is it taking this long. Anything I can do to challenge this long processing time?

Regards

Dhruv

1990phusang
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:37 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by 1990phusang » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 pm

cookiemonster19 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am
Timeline update :


Online application: 7 May 2019
Biometric: 15 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgement and prepared for ECO consideration: 16 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 3 June 2019
Passport collection: 4 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated on 29 May 2019

(Application from Jakarta, Indonesia)


I am grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all best of luck for your application!
Congratulations cookiemonster👍🏼 I am really happy for you . I hope I will get my response soon as well .

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:18 am
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by cookiemonster19 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am
Timeline update :


Online application: 7 May 2019
Biometric: 15 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgement and prepared for ECO consideration: 16 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 3 June 2019
Passport collection: 4 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated on 29 May 2019

(Application from Jakarta, Indonesia)


I am grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all best of luck for your application!
Congratulations cookiemonster👍🏼 I am really happy for you . I hope I will get my response soon as well .

Thanks @1990phusang! I hope you'll get yours soon 🙂

Cervani
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Mood:

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Cervani » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm

I will share my application process. Without your community it would be impossible for me to understand requirements. I will try to contribute 😊

VFS Manila Philippines
Marriage date 28 March 2019
Biometrics taken 16th May 2019
Application has been forward to UKVI 16th May (email and message)
Application received in Sheffield on 20th May (email and mobile message)
Decision has been made: 06 June 2019 (mobile message)

We are expecting to get a passport tomorrow or Saturday delivered by courier (what a stress !!) :D

Documents:
*Marriage certificate from PSA – we had to wait 3 weeks to get it (Register Office’s Marriage Contract has been issued after 3 days, but we decided to get PSA version)
*Passport, Driving license, UK Registration Certificate – scans
*Job contract, pay slips and bank statement for last 6 months, P60, my mobile phone bill
*Plane reservations print outs – for each time I been there (5 times), plane reservation for trip to Hong Kong where we been together
* 2 or 3 Photos from each trip, photos from birthday party we been to, wedding ceremony photos
* Snips from our messenger conversation – 2017 -2019 – I captured screenshot showing 2 dates for each week (we talk every day so it would be impossible to show it to them)
All of this has been printed by us but when my wife went there, she had to pay for scanning all documents. What I understand they would accept digital version of all of this(?)
They took her passport only and after 3 hours (some lady was scanning all documents ) she got “paper slip” with information that 700 pages has been included in application.

To be very honest I do not expect refusal … We shall see soon….
NERVOUS

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 4:38 pm
Canada

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Kanuppal » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:21 am

Hi guys,

I am applying for eea family permit from canada. I would like to ask do I need to submit original documents or certified photocopy as supporting documents. How do they return the originals?
Could pls share your experience !

Cervani
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Mood:

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Cervani » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 am

UPDATE
VISA stamped on 4th June !
Thank You For ur help


Cervani wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:06 pm
I will share my application process. Without your community it would be impossible for me to understand requirements. I will try to contribute 😊

VFS Manila Philippines
Marriage date 28 March 2019
Biometrics taken 16th May 2019
Application has been forward to UKVI 16th May (email and message)
Application received in Sheffield on 20th May (email and mobile message)
Decision has been made: 06 June 2019 (mobile message)

We are expecting to get a passport tomorrow or Saturday delivered by courier (what a stress !!) :D

Documents:
*Marriage certificate from PSA – we had to wait 3 weeks to get it (Register Office’s Marriage Contract has been issued after 3 days, but we decided to get PSA version)
*Passport, Driving license, UK Registration Certificate – scans
*Job contract, pay slips and bank statement for last 6 months, P60, my mobile phone bill
*Plane reservations print outs – for each time I been there (5 times), plane reservation for trip to Hong Kong where we been together
* 2 or 3 Photos from each trip, photos from birthday party we been to, wedding ceremony photos
* Snips from our messenger conversation – 2017 -2019 – I captured screenshot showing 2 dates for each week (we talk every day so it would be impossible to show it to them)
All of this has been printed by us but when my wife went there, she had to pay for scanning all documents. What I understand they would accept digital version of all of this(?)
They took her passport only and after 3 hours (some lady was scanning all documents ) she got “paper slip” with information that 700 pages has been included in application.

To be very honest I do not expect refusal … We shall see soon….
NERVOUS

Selflove09
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Selflove09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm
No I haven’t got a decision yet sorry to hear about ur case I hope I get mine soon I’m praying day and night
@Faro786

Did you apply for the Eea 6 months? Because I am on the same both now with my brothers application.

Faro786
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:41 pm
Mood:

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Faro786 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm

SElflove09 ya family Permit is basically for 6 months when did u apply for ur bro ? I’m waiting since January still the status my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, did u try to contact them ? I got not straight forward mail two times after that I didn’t anything from I escalated my case so many times but they do not reply I hope me and ur brother get our visa’s soon let’s hope for the best 😊✌🏻

Selflove09
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Italy

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Selflove09 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm
SElflove09 ya family Permit is basically for 6 months when did u apply for ur bro ? I’m waiting since January still the status my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, did u try to contact them ? I got not straight forward mail two times after that I didn’t anything from I escalated my case so many times but they do not reply I hope me and ur brother get our visa’s soon let’s hope for the best 😊✌🏻
@Faro786

It been a month now since I applied for him precisely on the 9th of May and we got the not straightforward mail 5 days later on the 5th of June i sent them an email and I was told they escalated it but nothing up to date and I am really concerned because it usually don’t take this long because I did same for my husband and mother in law and it was very fast at their time.

Yunis1978
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Yunis1978 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi,

I appeal against UK visas and immigration refusal decision on January 2019, The appeal has been withdrawn on 26/03/2019, I also received the court confirmation that the appeal has been withdrawn on May 2019. However I not received any news from the making decision center regarding my wife visa, I would be grateful if anyone could give me some information bout the next step and how long it will take.


Kind regards

1990phusang
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:37 pm
France

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by 1990phusang » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:31 am

Thank you to all the wonderful people who have helped me in this forum. I am very grateful to get all your help. I got my passport deliver today via courier . It took 13 working days . I got a visa stamp on date 7th June 😃.Good luck to everyone for your application.

Post Reply
cron