ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SUCCESSFUL EU SETTLEMENT SCH. - THIS WILL HELP MANY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hrak1978
Member of Standing

SUCCESSFUL EU SETTLEMENT SCH. - THIS WILL HELP MANY

Post by hrak1978 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

Dear Seniors, members and visitors,

My immigration history was straight but became complicated after PR refusal in 2017. Here is the whole history.

2005 to 2011 - STUDENT
2011 - Applied for 5 Years RC as FM of EU national OVER 21. Initially refused but won the case in FTT.
2011 to 2016 - RC
2017 - RC REFUSED.(Reason as I was earning more than my dad) Appealed but withdrawn and submitted ILR LR.
2018 Jan - ILR LR REFUSED.
2018 - Appealed in FTT. It was also refused.
2018 - Changed solicitor and he requested to reopen 2017 RC APPEAL, WHICH WAS ALLOWED.
2019 - RC FTT Refused, UTT Refused as well in first of July.
2019 - Made a new passport as the previous one was with Home Office.
2019 - 8th July applied for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME.
They straight away asked for proof of residency for 2017, 2018, 2019. Uploaded Bank statement 3 of each year. Plus one covering letter in which I explained the full immigration history plus put one case reference from UTT and one reference from Home staff guidance publication (I can paste the covering letter if some one need it) Made an appointment for Biometric for 11th July.
2019 - 12th July - SETTLED STATUS GRANTED.

A BIG BIG BIG RELIEF. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GUIDELINE FROM THIS FORUM (AN OCEAN OF KNOWLEDGE)
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

njazzy
Ghana

Re: SUCCESSFUL EU SETTLEMENT SCH. - THIS WILL HELP MANY

Post by njazzy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Congratulations.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:02 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

My immigration history was straight but became complicated after PR refusal in 2017. Here is the whole history.

2005 to 2011 - STUDENT
2011 - Applied for 5 Years RC as FM of EU national OVER 21. Initially refused but won the case in FTT.
2011 to 2016 - RC
2017 - RC REFUSED.(Reason as I was earning more than my dad) Appealed but withdrawn and submitted ILR LR.
2018 - Changed solicitor and he requested to reopen 2017 RC APPEAL, WHICH WAS ALLOWED.
They straight away asked for proof of residency for 2017, 2018, 2019. Uploaded Bank statement 3 of each year. Plus one covering letter in which I explained the full immigration history plus put one case reference from UTT and one reference from Home staff guidance publication (I can paste the covering letter if some one need it) Made an appointment for Biometric for 11th July.

A BIG BIG BIG RELIEF. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GUIDELINE FROM THIS FORUM (AN OCEAN OF KNOWLEDGE)
You had RC for 5 years then what was your next RC was based on?

Can you also describe (earning more than dad) reason for refusal?

If your Passport was with HO then on which base you applied for new Passport? And what reason have you given to Passport office for applying new passport?

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:13 am

My first RC was from 2011 to 2016. After that I never applied for another RC. I applied for PR which was refused.

From 2011 to 2017. I was earning approx 33K per annum and my dad was receiving pension plus self employment, his total earning was approx 12K. HO said it is not possible that if you are earning more than your dad then you are not financially dependent.
But when I applied for EU settlement scheme. I mentioned my full immigration history plus the pending appeal. Along with that I mentioned that even if I am earning more than my dad I am still dependent according to HO Guidance published in Feb 2019. Mentioned the full link plus given one case reference from UTT which you can see on this link
https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 12-ukut-79
Being the same household member you are still considered as dependent.
And within 5 days I got decision.

I went to my embassy and showed them refusal of FTT and said that my passport is expired and with the HO and now HO is asking for new passport. So they accepted that explanation.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

chowdhary123
Newly Registered

Post by chowdhary123 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:55 am

guys pls need help urgent....
sep-2014 got married to eea national
applied in sep got call for interview and detained the released and won appeal in 2015 and vignett on passport.2016 lost paspport and applied again and got RC now my 5 year of marrige will be completed after 45 days.question is can i aplly mine and my wife settled status online now or shall i wait 45 days and apply when exactly 5 years completed from my marrige.
i appreciate your help in advance.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Apply now and explain everything in the covering letter. Dont hide anything. I am very much sure you will get it.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:55 am

Update:

I received my BRC yesterday. Good luck to all.

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 am

Congratulation bro. Very pleased for you.
I got granted pre settled status till 2024. I am married to the EU national but separated.
Should i apply for the divorce now or should i wait for the 5 year of marriage to be completed first which will be in 2021. She is giving me pressure for the divorce. But i was wondering if it won't affect my residency.
EU settlement helpline explained that it is ok to do the divorce and once i reach the 5 year in 2021 i can apply for the settled status with no issue ., What do you think guys

Thanks

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks bro.

Yes go on with the divorce and make sure you have completed 3 years in your marriage. And in 2021 apply for settle status.

Good luck.

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:43 pm

I will do. we got married in november 2015 so the 3 years have passed.
One more question though i can still travel with my current RC right?

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:02 pm

HO is very brutal these days, asking so many questions to those who got settled status. Better to keep in process divorce document or anything which is in process.

Or better travel after divorce.

fb123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fb123 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 pm

can i make a new application while the appeal is pending
i appealed against the ECO decision For EEA Family permit along this can i make a new visa application in the same category . As the decision of the appeal takes 4-5 months .
if anyone know please guide

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 pm

100% you can. Not a problem and I can assure these systems are not connected to each other. I mean to say FTT or UTT and ESS.

Good luck and dont delay.

fb123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by fb123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:15 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 pm
100% you can. Not a problem and I can assure these systems are not connected to each other. I mean to say FTT or UTT and ESS.

Good luck and dont delay.
Do i need to mention about the appeal in the second application
Pls are your sure it is possible to reapply while the appeal for the first aplication is pending as my solicitor advised me not to make a new application while appeal is pending i am little bit confused
is it officially possible or not ?
Thanks for your reply.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 am

Please dont hide anything and mention everything in the covering letter.

My solicitor advised me to do when my appeal was in process.

I am 100% sure your solicitor is scaring you alot. Dont be scared.

Why he scared you because there is no involvement necessary of him and this process is purely free of charge.

Please go ahead and apply through your passport.

If i can get SETTLED STATUS anyone can get it. Thats what my advise is.

So please go ahead. And feel free to ask me any question.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 am

@njazzy

many thanks for the congrats brother. i didn't realise you congrats me. my sincere apologies.

take care

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

2005 to 2011 - STUDENT
2011 to 2016 - RC

Hi man, very pleased to read your story and congratulations for the settled status.

I have got a question from you, you know for the settle status, they only asked for 3 years residency proof? How come man?

And did you make the application via app?

Thanks
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:01 pm

@kunfayakun (nice ID)

Your work history checked on the basis of your NI number. Since I received my NI I have always been working but stopped working in July 2017 because my right to work was stopped by the HO.

So HMRC system doesn't have any record after July 2017 thats why they asked to upload documents to show that if I was residing in UK or not. So I uploaded bank statements.

After that they never asked anything.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 pm

I applied online not through app. As i had stamp previously not BRC.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:01 pm
@kunfayakun (nice ID)

Your work history checked on the basis of your NI number. Since I received my NI I have always been working but stopped working in July 2017 because my right to work was stopped by the HO.

So HMRC system doesn't have any record after July 2017 thats why they asked to upload documents to show that if I was residing in UK or not. So I uploaded bank statements.

After that they never asked anything.
Ow Thank you man, I see you’re very lucky, your ESS process was very quick, what else documents you provided with your application? We are planning to apply for the EU Settlement scheme, and as we are completing our 5 years.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks.

Please state your immigration full history then I can tell you which documents you should prepare.

One thing always remember in EUSS dont upload extra documents which are not required or requested. Because the caseworker has to go through all of them. Just upload what ever is required thats exactly I did.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm

I had uploaded the following:

1. EU ID
2. My new passport
3. Expired RC
4. Birth certificate
5. A letter from the Council stating that I am living with my dad and he is sole reponsible for council tax they mentioned the date as well since when i started residing with him.
6. One reference from Home Office staff guidence to show that depending doesnt mean that i cant earn. E.g: if i am earning £1000 and dad is transferring £200 every month that is also considered as dependent to full fil the need of " essential needs" as i got RC when i was 32 years old.
7. One case of UTT which shows being a household member is also considered as dependency.

Thats it. Total 7 documents.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Oh yeah i forgot the most important one.

COVERING LETTER in which I explained my whole immigration history.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:14 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm

1. EU ID
2. My new passport
3. Expired RC
4. Birth certificate
5. A letter from the Council stating that I am living with my dad and he is sole reponsible for council tax they mentioned the date as well since when i started residing with him.
6. One reference from Home Office staff guidence to show that depending doesnt mean that i cant earn. E.g: if i am earning £1000 and dad is transferring £200 every month that is also considered as dependent to full fil the need of " essential needs" as i got RC when i was 32 years old.
7. One case of UTT which shows being a household member is also considered as dependency.

Thank you very much mate, and sorry for the late reply! Here is ours, British cit, Brought my Non EU wify from Ireland under surinder singh route in 2014 September, our residence card application took longer to be granted because we came to uk without the family permit, however we got it through the court in 2017 November.

so next month, our 5 years will be completed, like you said will be eligible for eu settlement scheme settle status, the problem is, when we returned to the UK, there was no check at the airport so "No entry stamp" in our passport, Lived with my parents, I opened up a bank account but, wife could not, because they were asking for visa and stuffs and they banks are not aware of this surinder singh laws, so I signed up this telephone & wifi broadband on my wire's name, for the application I can provide my bank account annual statement but wife does not have suffice documents part from this telephone bill, what do you think we can do in this matter?

Thank you again.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm

1. EU ID
2. My new passport
3. Expired RC
4. Birth certificate

Thank you xx

Number 5..
How did you go with this? Me and my husband lives with his parents since 2014 (when we arrived in UK) until now, we don’t have any bills from our name, how did you request this letter?