ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cocoa
Mexico

Supporting documents

Post by Cocoa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Hello, my husband only has online bank statements would this be a problem? should we ask the bank for a letter or for the bank statements on paper?

Many thanks!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 pm

What are you applying for and why would you need bank statements?

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm applying for a EEA Family permit, so I'm sending evidence of his finances and my finances too.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 pm

If the EEA national has been in the UK already for a period longer than three months then he/she is required to show evidence of exercising treaty rights. Nevertheless, a bank statement is needed in only some specific cases. If that is not your situation (you don't quite explain) then there is simple no requirement to show finances and your question is a non-issue.

See also this recent discussion.

Cocoa
Mexico

Post by Cocoa » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 am

My husband is a self-employed person in the UK and he has lived there for about 20 years. We got married in my country (Mexico) earlier this year and Ia am staying in Mexico City due to work commitments. I plan to join him in November once I finish with the project I'm working on in Mexico. What would be the best way of showing he is exercising treaty rights? Is it not necessary to send evidence of our finances?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 am

Cocoa wrote:What would be the best way of showing he is exercising treaty rights? Is it not necessary to send evidence of our finances?
That very much depends in what category you are applying. I am not too familiar with self-employnet but bank statements are indeed one possibility but an accountant letter should do the same trick. He will also have to show that he is paying national insurance contributions and, I guess, that the business is properly registered.

Generally, I would think that bank statements issued directly by the bank are best (and a must for other visa categories). Unless it is a big problem it is probably best to contact the bank for that.

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 am

Your husband can call the bank and get a print out for the last 3 months. That's how I got mine, I use online banking and said no to paper statements like 3 years ago. Its pretty straight forward

Goodluck