ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route whilst pregnant

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 am

Hi everyone, yet another question I hope someone can help me with!

I know when it comes to supporting documents they want the minimum basic but it dawned on me last night this might not be enough in our case.

When it comes to work I'll have a letter from the company stating when I commenced work and when I will finish, what hours etc and then a letter for each month saying how much I earned and how much tax I payed. These are kind of printed out A4 papers although have company header and stamped etc. I mean its not like in the UK where you get a little official looking slip of paper.

When it comes to showing my husband and I live at the same address this is difficult. We stay in staff accommodation together with our son (we work for the same employer) and there is nothing official to say so except a letter from the employer/company - as official looking as possible. My husband has a phone bill in his name at this address and I have my tax, health insurance documents and bank account but no utility bills or tenancy agreement etc will this be enough?We also cant get a document from the town hall like others have because we don't rent as such!

I do not have a residence card. I was told from the start I did not need one and when I went ahead and tried to apply for one anyway they made it extremely difficult for me and kept insisting I didn't need it. I wrote on here about that I think. I never got it but will employment papers, bank account, tax and health papers be enough to show all this?

We have our marriage certificate and sons birth certificate (with husband as his father) and husbands Greek residence/work permit.

Are we going to need more than this? Did anyone else have a similar situation where you maybe didn't have official documents for living together?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.
It is better to continue in your previous post as it provides the background for your case. Otherwise, it is not clear from your post that you are British and applying under Surinder Singh (and that is why you need to prove you lived together in another EEA state).

Try to get as much documents as you can but use the best one when you apply (to make the application simple) and keep the rest just in case. There are no guidelines which documents should be presented and I would think that a letter from the landlord/owner of the property confirming your rental "contract" should be good enough for the UK authorities.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks Jambo, you beat me to it!

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 am

Ok thank you.
Sorry I was going to and then thought it's kind of a different subject and didn't want people to read the original post, think 'that doesn't apply to me' and not read on if that makes sense! :oops:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:53 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Ok thank you.
Sorry I was going to and then thought it's kind of a different subject and didn't want people to read the original post, think 'that doesn't apply to me' and not read on if that makes sense! :oops:
Please don't worry, it's not a problem. Jambo explained why it's helpful to post in the same thread.

If it's a completely different topic, feel free to start a new thread - just remember that you may need to repeat your details if relevant as not everyone will remember your particulars.

Best of luck!

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok, thanks :)

Anyone know if surinder singh EEA2 applications are likely to be processed any quicker than the normal eu national appliciations? I know theres no way of knowing how long they will take and have to be decided withing 6months and from reading other peoples experiences it seems to take 3-6months but was wondering if anyone had noticed Surinder Singh route applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Ok, thanks :)

Anyone know if surinder singh EEA2 applications are likely to be processed any quicker than the normal eu national appliciations? I know theres no way of knowing how long they will take and have to be decided withing 6months and from reading other peoples experiences it seems to take 3-6months but was wondering if anyone had noticed Surinder Singh route applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
The short answer is that I don't know, but I imagine they would be treated within similar times to straight-forward cases.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:was wondering if anyone had noticed Surinder Singh route applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
more straight forward compared to what? A non-UK EEA national family member who produces a UK payslip as proof of exercising treaty right compared to a Surinder Singh application with documents from a different member state / different language ??

I believe most of the waiting time is due to backlog and not the complexity of the case (I would imagine that most EEA2 applications are straight forward).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:28 am

Jambo wrote:
xdaniix89 wrote:was wondering if anyone had noticed Surinder Singh route applications moving a bit quicker now as they're more straight forward?
more straight forward compared to what? A non-UK EEA national family member who produces a UK payslip as proof of exercising treaty right compared to a Surinder Singh application with documents from a different member state / different language ??

I believe most of the waiting time is due to backlog and not the complexity of the case (I would imagine that most EEA2 applications are straight forward).
While there will be more complicated EEA-type applications. For workers, they are really simple and they take 3 -4 months.

As you said - backlog.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 am

Oh ok, I see. I just thought that as your case has already been looked at once (family permit) that there wouldn't be many cases of refusal now you don't have to be exercising treaty rights in the UK. They'll be looking over a case that's already been looked at and decided within 15 days (possibly) but yeah back log makes sense.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 am

It's really pointless to speculate how fast an application will be. Nobody here seems to know how the UKBA actually organizes the process. Straightforwardness is a useless metric when your application needs to wait in a queue preceded with non-straightforward applications. Backlog is one obvious explanation, another is the checks (which may involve outside sources) the caseworker may want to carry out.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 am

I know. I was more asking for other peoples experiences or if anyone had noticed on here the the Surinder Singh route cases were moving abit quicker now like a few issued within 3-4 months. There is a post for eea2 processing times but none seem to be Surinder Singh route. Although there is a 'queue' some people do seem to get there's alot quicker than others who too seem to have straight-forward cases.
Was just wondering really as we're not sure whether to apply as soon as we get to the UK and risk not being able to visit my husbands family for new years or wait till we get back and then apply and hope it comes before the baby arrives (alot of stress and want to be able to find our own place etc) which doesn't look likely if the average is still around 4 months.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 am

I suggest not to speculate on processing times. Whatever people here say, those are individual cases and you can't be sure that those are in any way representative for the overall process (as far as I am aware of there are ten thousands of applications each year).

I suppose you know that you can ask for the passports back? If the EEA FP is still valid until after your journey you should have no problem travelling.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Yes they do! Can I ask one more question....My husband says he was told yesterday when enquiring about his Greek residency (he renews his permit every 2 years) that if he applies for long-term residency, 5 years, here in Greece he can go to the UK as a Greek national does? Is this true? I don;t believe it is, I could be wrong, but isn't residency just residency no matter how long it's for?
Your husband can get a EU law PR card in Greece after 5 years of living there with you. But it is only relevant if you remain in Greece or plan to return there soon. No harm in getting it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/FO ... 0Singh.pdf is another UKBA document on Eind and Singh

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

sum1 wrote:(as far as I am aware of there are ten thousands of applications each year).
The numbers of applications are published in the national statistics if anyone's interested. (I'm not looking for a link at present).

xdaniix89

First trip to Uk

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello, Im afraid I have yet another question!
Just looking at possible flights. Would we have to enter the UK from an EEA country for the first time?
We would like to visit Albania first and then fly to the UK from there. Is this possible and would it be likely to cause any problems at Gatwick or does it not matter where you are flying from as long as we have the entry clearance and are together? Thanks x

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: First trip to Uk

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 pm

xdaniix89 wrote:Hello, Im afraid I have yet another question!
Just looking at possible flights. Would we have to enter the UK from an EEA country for the first time?
We would like to visit Albania first and then fly to the UK from there. Is this possible and would it be likely to cause any problems at Gatwick or does it not matter where you are flying from as long as we have the entry clearance and are together? Thanks x
Doesn't matter where you are coming from. You can use a one way ticket.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok great thanks. I couldnt find anything online so thought Id check with you guys x

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Is this also the same for PR for non-EU partner in that all we need to supply is passports and prove of union to get PR residence card?

Will I be able to claim child benefit and child tax credits or would this be a problem when applying for PR?

englishman9
Newly Registered

Post by englishman9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Has anyone received their PR card as a family member of UK national?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm

englishman9 wrote:Is this also the same for PR for non-EU partner in that all we need to supply is passports and prove of union to get PR residence card?
Check section 6 in form EEA4. it explains what evidence is required.
Will I be able to claim child benefit and child tax credits or would this be a problem when applying for PR?
Yes. As British you are allowed to claim benefits. This will have no impact on PR.