Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mufc69

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

ellyell wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm
mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm
More discrimination against Non EU citizens.
For non-eu family members of British citizens.
Non-eu family members of EU citizens do not experience those problems, they simply apply online and get a decision in 2-3 weeks time
yea you're right, its a disgrace.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am

mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Was speaking with the EU resolution team today and they said if you have not received a certificate of application then your application has not even been looked at. Looks like it’s going to take many weeks to process the paper applications.
I believe we will receive biometrics appointment letter first. After this is done, COA will be sent??
Seems that is the process for other EU Settlement Scheme applications.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:11 pm

ellyell wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am
mufc69 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Was speaking with the EU resolution team today and they said if you have not received a certificate of application then your application has not even been looked at. Looks like it’s going to take many weeks to process the paper applications.
I believe we will receive biometrics appointment letter first. After this is done, COA will be sent??
Seems that is the process for other EU Settlement Scheme applications.
I'm really not sure, i thought this process was meant to be easy and straight forward.. :roll: i suppose all we can do is wait.. i thought receiving the COA first once documents have been received it would make more sense? but then again as you say, once the biometrics have been sent and the application is complete they then might issue the COA, who knows :?:

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Those the Coa give you the right to work and be claiming all benefits etc?

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Heloo everyone here
NEED SOME HELP AND ADVICE PLS
I’m Polish and British citizenships ( get My British Passport 2014 )
Any way my story
My wife applied for pre settlement status she is Jamaican
We use online application everything goone ok
She been consider as pre settlement status and been ask to send her Brp card as proof of ID
Then she recived brp card back
And nothing since then no update
Ok before we applied we ask lady about if we should use paper form application lady say no is ok use online
So we applied
But obviously it is not right 5 weeks goone and apart
One mail which say application been submitted successfully and under process etc nothing
Recently come out new guidance for caseworker and t
There say we should apply paper form application
We been calling everybody say everything is ok
Now we got issue bit
We called RC and advice my wife first time since we chat with them to order paper application form
So she did someone will contact with her and send application form
I asked if this not problem if we applied online and now we apply trough paper one as this is completely new application them say no is not
( cos waiting time is 70 days )
We can’t wait coa her brp card expired in July
HOW LONG TO HET FORM
AR THEM MAIL FORMS
How long is process for paper form application

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Has anyone who applied for settled status under Surinder Singh (paper application) received a certificate of application or any result or acknowledgement???

Surinder
Newly Registered
France

Post by Surinder » Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi guys,
I am non eu family of British citizens (spouse)
Applying for pre settlement

1. As I have RC, do I have to send it to home office or just sending passport is enough( I don’t want to send both as I need one of them’ specially the RC for proof of right to work in the U.K. )

2. Do they send the identity ASAP or when the case worker start process the application?

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am

Surinder wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 pm
Hi guys,

1. As I have RC, do I have to send it to home office or just sending passport is enough( I don’t want to send both as I need one of them’ specially the RC for proof of right to work in the U.K. )

2. Do they send the identity ASAP or when the case worker start process the application?
How long u wait application form
Thank you

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am

Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am
Surinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you
My application form arrived approximately 4 weeks as far as I can remember. I’m one of those who request soon as it was opened (March 31st) and took a while. I haven’t apply yet as I’m travelling tomorrow and need my passport, I will apply soom as I finish travelling.

xx

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:11 am
Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 am
Surinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you
My application form arrived approximately 4 weeks as far as I can remember. I’m one of those who request soon as it was opened (March 31st) and took a while. I haven’t apply yet as I’m travelling tomorrow and need my passport, I will apply soom as I finish travelling.

xx
Ok thanks
Is any way to speed up way to send application cos we made mistake we applied online long story
What are process to get one
My wife called them them took address etc
And now waiting for from ?
But as well lady say she send to different departments
So I don’t understand it will be send or still someone need to call and confirm
Really need to get this application done

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 pm

For anyone who is interested, the 61 page application form was obtained through an FOI request along with instructions and eligibility checks the help line staff have to follow when a request for an application form is made.

The Home Office has withheld guidance on how the paper applications have to be processed once they have been returned citing public interest reasons.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1370799

doury

Post by doury » Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 pm

mkhan2525 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 pm
For anyone who is interested, the 61 page application form was obtained through an FOI request along with instructions and eligibility checks the help line staff have to follow when a request for an application form is made.

The Home Office has withheld guidance on how the paper applications have to be processed once they have been returned citing public interest reasons.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1370799

doury

Post by doury » Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for the guidance

Surinder
Newly Registered
France

Post by Surinder » Sat May 25, 2019 6:10 am

Can I ask to return my ID after applying?

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 am

Hi, does anyone have any idea what’s keeping them processing the paper applications for Surinder Singh?? it’s been almost 3 weeks and we have not yet received a certificate of application and no reponse at all. Has anyone had any update??

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Nobody knows nothing then, great.

johnlk

Post by johnlk » Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am

We called on the 30th March, and had the callback on the same day, so one of the first to apply.
Our forms came through when the first ones were received and we completed them and posted it all back within 2-3 days.
We have heard absolutely zero too.

I know some members here have raised a complaint, and someone even mentioned writing to their MP. Was there any outcome from these?

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am

johnlk wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am
We called on the 30th March, and had the callback on the same day, so one of the first to apply.
Our forms came through when the first ones were received and we completed them and posted it all back within 2-3 days.

I know some members here have raised a complaint, and someone even mentioned writing to their MP. Was there any outcome from these?
Same here, no feedback at all.
My application was received on 1st of May. I called resolution centre couple of times but no feedback. They say they cannot advise how long it will take.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:44 am

ellyell wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 am
johnlk wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 am

Same here, no feedback at all.
My application was received on 1st of May. I called resolution centre couple of times but no feedback. They say they cannot advise how long it will take.
I have a feeling they are holding back on the applications and waiting to see what’s going to happen with Brexit so they can rule out non EU from the settlement scheme and return to the EEA documentation instead. Just a feeling, something not quite right with this process, no updates nothing.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:26 pm

This is so unfair to treat people like that