Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

User1994
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by User1994 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Hello all and sorry if i am in the wrong place to ask this.
I am non eu citizen spouse of British citizens, who lived in other EU country and come to the UK under surinder sight route.
My question is do my wife need to be working for me to apply for pre settled status???
I haven't got residence card as i am in uk only 3 month now , we want to apply for pre settled status but we want to be sure that we can apply even if she is on part time jobs. Thankyou

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 pm

This question is not relevant to this topic. Please start a new one with the query as the parents are not part of the surinder Singh process which is the purpose of this thread
[/quote]

Hey CROO1

I need some advice from you, basically we are planning to apply for the eu settlement scheme under surinder singh route however we are not sure when to apply, because we came to the UK in November 2014 but we received the Residence card on November 2017 after we won the appeal, when do you think is good to apply for settle status?
The continuous 5 years residency start from the day we arrive or from the residence card issued date?

Appreciate advice on this.

Thank you
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

alex98uk
Newly Registered

Post by alex98uk » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:55 am

Hello,

Very brief question about this. Is it necessary to send off the applicants passport and BRP as part of this process? Or, does a photocopy of the document work in this scenario?

My wife travels a lot for work, so this would require us to plan when to apply.

Thanks

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Yes, it is necessary to send the passport.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am

Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

I finally sent my application on Monday as I am now finished with all my traveling for now. They received my application yesterday (saw it through royal mail track and trace), will I get an email, text or post that my application has been received by them or if they are starting the process? If yes, how long did it take to get a confirmation?

Can you guys tell me how long did the process takes for everyone who got their Pre Settled Status or Surinder Singh route?

Thanks a lot xx

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:02 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

I finally sent my application on Monday as I am now finished with all my traveling for now. They received my application yesterday (saw it through royal mail track and trace), will I get an email, text or post that my application has been received by them or if they are starting the process? If yes, how long did it take to get a confirmation?

Can you guys tell me how long did the process takes for everyone who got their Pre Settled Status or Surinder Singh route?

Thanks a lot xx
Good luck with your application, I read somewhere that people getting email from home office regarding the application so hopefully you would get one soon. btw what did you apply for?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
It was 3 weeks for me, I didn't get any emails.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 pm

NatCam wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
Hi buddy,

what evidence did you provide with your application? I am about to apply for it but not enough evidence :roll:

Thanks
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm

NatCam wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
Hello.
Thank you for replying to me.
Did you just get the status after 3 weeks without getting any confirmation?

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 pm
NatCam wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
Hi buddy,

what evidence did you provide with your application? I am about to apply for it but not enough evidence :roll:

Thanks
Hi.
I applied for settled status (I arrived in 2014 and got UK RC) after couple of months.
The papers I sent are the following:
1 My non eu passport with the UKRC vignette sticker
2 British citizen’s passport
3 Marriage certificate
4 Proof of 5 years continuous residence:
- 5 years annual bank account (both me and husband)
- 5 years P60 (both me and husband)

I don't have rent agreement, mortgage or any utility bills hence annual bank statements and P60. xx

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi buddy,

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi.
I applied for settled status (I arrived in 2014 and got UK RC) after couple of months.
3 Marriage certificate

I don't have rent agreement, mortgage or any utility bills hence annual bank statements and P60. xx
[/quote]

Great, Thank you, we came here in sep 2014 but our RC took longer, had to go through court and finally got it in 2017.

We came here sep 2014 from Ireland without the family permit, upon arrival no boarder checks so no stamps
in our passports.
that time we were living with my parents so no council tax or tenancy in our names.
Luckily my (non eu) wife got the job so she has the employment history from 2014.
Signed up for wifi in my wifey (non eu) name in November 2014 but now we only have December 2014 bill in
our hands.
My bank statements starting from November 2014 (Brit cit)

so when do you think we can apply for settled status? this month or wait till November as our statements starting from? please give me your advice on this.

Thank you
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 pm
Hi buddy,

Thanks
Hi.
3 Marriage certificate

[/quote]

Great, Thank you, we came here in sep 2014 but our RC took longer, had to go through court and finally got it in 2017.

We came here sep 2014 from Ireland without the family permit, upon arrival no boarder checks so no stamps
in our passports.
that time we were living with my parents so no council tax or tenancy in our names.
Luckily my (non eu) wife got the job so she has the employment history from 2014.
Signed up for wifi in my wifey (non eu) name in November 2014 but now we only have December 2014 bill in
our hands.

so when do you think we can apply for settled status? this month or wait till November as our statements starting from? please give me your advice on this.

Thank you
[/quote]

Hi.
As far as I know you can submit 6 months worth of evidences on every 12 months you are in UK.

Do you still have the copy of the airline tickets you used because as far as I can remember you can use that xx

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm
kunfayakun wrote:
Hi buddy,

Thanks
Hi.
3 Marriage certificate

in our passports.
our hands.

Thank you
[/quote]

Hi.
As far as I know you can submit 6 months worth of evidences on every 12 months you are in UK.

Do you still have the copy of the airline tickets you used because as far as I can remember you can use that. Also, did you registered to your local GP? You can use that to, mobile phone bills can be useful too. xx
[/quote]

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
kunfayakun wrote:
Hi buddy,

Thanks
Hi.
3 Marriage certificate

in our passports.
our hands.

Thank you
Hi.

Do you still have the copy of the airline tickets you used because as far as I can remember you can use that. Also, did you registered to your local GP? You can use that to, mobile phone bills can be useful too. xx
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi yes Thank you, I have got evidence from November 2014 but only September and October don't have, basically we arrived in September and was resting for 2 months without doing anything so do you think is gonna be ok if I say that I came back here on September 2014 and provide the evidence from November 2014?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm

kunfayakun wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
kunfayakun wrote:
Hi buddy,

Thanks
Hi.
3 Marriage certificate

in our passports.
our hands.

Thank you
Hi.

[/quote]

Hi yes Thank you, I have got evidence from November 2014 but only September and October don't have, basically we arrived in September and was resting for 2 months without doing anything so do you think is gonna be ok if I say that I came back here on September 2014 and provide the evidence from November 2014?
[/quote]

Hello.
I can’t guarantee for sure that they will accept the application or not, I think if your evidences are only from November then I guess you can only apply in November 2019. Can you get hold of the copies of your airline tickets when you arrived? If you can show that then that will be very helpful for you to prove that you came and lived here from September xx

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm
NatCam wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
Hello.
Yes, I did. I got a letter saying that I was granted pre-settled status. I never got any e-mail from them. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Those who are genuine do not get problems.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 pm
NatCam wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hi everyone 🙋🏽‍♀️

Thanks a lot xx
Hi,
Hello.
Yes, I did. I got a letter saying that I was granted pre-settled status. I never got any e-mail from them. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Those who are genuine do not get problems.
Ok I see.
Im not too worried to be honest, i just wanted to know if they receive my application. That’s all. Thank you for replying to me xx

jacko90
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by jacko90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Hello.
I will call tomorrow for my civil partner to ask for the form.

I'm British
we live in Spain. he has the family community card here.
he never resided in UK before.
we lived here for 5 years together married for three.

is that enough to be successful? and how long is it taking for people outside uk to have a finished application.

will keep you all posted too.

thanks

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 pm

jacko90 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Hello.
I will call tomorrow for my civil partner to ask for the form.

I'm British
we live in Spain. he has the family community card here.
he never resided in UK before.
we lived here for 5 years together married for three.

is that enough to be successful? and how long is it taking for people outside uk to have a finished application.

will keep you all posted too.

thanks
No one can guarantee if an application will be successful or not but I guess 5 years is enough as long as you have all the papers they require such as evidence of BC exercising treaty rights (working, self employed, studying etc), proof of residence (utility bills, mortgage, rent, bank statements etc). They want to see that the BC and spouse moved his/her “centre of life” in the chosen EU country.

I dont know how long the process is though. When I moved here using family permit through Surinder Singh, it only took 3-4 weeks, I was talking 5 years ago though.

If you have any more questions, I can try my best to help and answer. ☺️ Xx

jacko90
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by jacko90 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

update.

I could not do anything.
we have to be located in the UK before the send us the form :cry: