Has anyone actually received anything back aside from a COA as a result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?
To be clear, my wife is applying (Hong Kong) on the merit that I'm a British citizen.
So far the HO has been surprisingly quick, so I don't have anything to complain about, yet, however, I can't see anyone on the forum that has got past the COA stage and I'm curious as to if anyone finished their settled status application as the result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?
- 8 October: Call and request a paper form.
- 11 October: get the paper form
- 16 October: send the form with all the necessary evidence and documents.
- 19 October: Recieve back our passports and National ID (HK national id, sadly not an EEA one). With a biometrics form.
- 19 October: Submit biometrics immediately at the Post Office
- 30 October: Recieve COA (letter sent 28 October).
It would be lovely to have a holiday this winter, we haven't left the country for three years and all of our evidence of centre-of-life is at the Home Office somewhere so we wouldn't be able to re-enter asserting our Surender Singh treaty rights anyway.
I know other people have much more important things to worry about, but I'm just curious as to if anyone has actually finalised a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application.
Thanks everyone and have a great morning