Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Life And Fate
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by Life And Fate » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 am

Morning all,
Has anyone actually received anything back aside from a COA as a result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?

To be clear, my wife is applying (Hong Kong) on the merit that I'm a British citizen.

So far the HO has been surprisingly quick, so I don't have anything to complain about, yet, however, I can't see anyone on the forum that has got past the COA stage and I'm curious as to if anyone finished their settled status application as the result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?

My timeline.
  • 8 October: Call and request a paper form.
  • 11 October: get the paper form
  • 16 October: send the form with all the necessary evidence and documents.
  • 19 October: Recieve back our passports and National ID (HK national id, sadly not an EEA one). With a biometrics form.
  • 19 October: Submit biometrics immediately at the Post Office
  • 30 October: Recieve COA (letter sent 28 October).
So far, so good. However, as I said I note that no one has finalised their application and many are stuck at the COA stage.

It would be lovely to have a holiday this winter, we haven't left the country for three years and all of our evidence of centre-of-life is at the Home Office somewhere so we wouldn't be able to re-enter asserting our Surender Singh treaty rights anyway.

I know other people have much more important things to worry about, but I'm just curious as to if anyone has actually finalised a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application.

Thanks everyone and have a great morning :)

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:48 pm

Life And Fate wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 am
Morning all,
Has anyone actually received anything back aside from a COA as a result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?

To be clear, my wife is applying (Hong Kong) on the merit that I'm a British citizen.

So far the HO has been surprisingly quick, so I don't have anything to complain about, yet, however, I can't see anyone on the forum that has got past the COA stage and I'm curious as to if anyone finished their settled status application as the result of a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application?

My timeline.
  • 19 October: Recieve back our passports and National ID (HK national id, sadly not an EEA one). With a biometrics form.
So far, so good. However, as I said I note that no one has finalised their application and many are stuck at the COA stage.

It would be lovely to have a holiday this winter, we haven't left the country for three years and all of our evidence of centre-of-life is at the Home Office somewhere so we wouldn't be able to re-enter asserting our Surender Singh treaty rights anyway.

I know other people have much more important things to worry about, but I'm just curious as to if anyone has actually finalised a Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application.

It’s good that you received a COA, i sent my biometrics 29th of September and haven’t heard anything from them until now, no COA, no email or any letter 😪

zwfx
Newly Registered

Post by zwfx » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Nice to see people are having success here :)

I have a question regarding this process and the Surinder Singh Settled Status application:

My wife will soon apply for an EEA family permit via the Surinder Singh route. Assuming she gets it, and we move to the UK, we'll then apply for pre-settled status via the paper application.

My question is, with this taking so long for some people, what happens if the 6 months on her EEA family permit expire before the Surinder Singh route Paper form is processed? Anybody with experience of this?

Thanks!

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:47 pm

@zwfx, nothing will happen. My permit expired long before I applied for a residence card. I had no issues. (Your wife might have trouble finding work)

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:48 pm
Life And Fate wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 am
Morning all,

My timeline.

It’s good that you received a COA, i sent my biometrics 29th of September and haven’t heard anything from them until now, no COA, no email or any letter 😪
I submitted my biometrics in August and till today I have not heard a word from them

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:24 pm

You submitted a Zambrano application, not a singh application.
After thinking long and hard, I have come to the conclusion that brexit is a cancer. The only good brexit is a dead brexit.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:16 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:24 pm
Yup I know I’m aware but still kind of the same issue of no hearing back for such long period of times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

Hope16 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:16 am
Obie wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:24 pm
Yup I know I’m aware but still kind of the same issue of no hearing back for such long period of times
Please only post in topics that are relevant to your Zambrano application, which is completely different to the Surinder Singh Route applications. Different applications have different processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAMAA
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by JAMAA » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:49 am

Hi
Please could you guys mention in the beginning of your post here if you are applying for:-

Settled Status or Pre settled status
so that we can understand better the situations.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:36 am

JAMAA wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:49 am
Hi
Please could you guys mention in the beginning of your post here if you are applying for:-

Applied for SETTLED STATUS
Arrived in June 2014 with EEA family permit
Hold 5 years EEA residence permit (vignette)
Sent application September 2, 2019
Received biometrics enrollment September 11,2019
Sent biometrics September 29, 2019
No COA, no email, no letters received until now
Rang EU settlement resolution October 23, 2019 and was informed that my application is in “final stage” 🤷🏽‍♀️

JAMAA
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by JAMAA » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:36 am
JAMAA wrote:
Hi

Rang EU settlement resolution October 23, 2019 and was informed that my application is in “final stage” 🤷🏽‍♀️
5 years Residence Card (Vignette)
My question is , You entered in the UK on JUNE 2014
So why not applied on time June 2019 for settled status as you had been here 5 years.

thanks

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:21 pm

JAMAA wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:14 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
JAMAA wrote:
Hi

5 years Residence Card (Vignette)
My question is , You entered in the UK on JUNE 2014
So why not applied on time June 2019 for settled status as you had been here 5 years.

thanks
Hello. 😊

I was traveling over the summer period, I was away end of May to 1st week of June then went home to Cyprus (parents lived there) mid August so I applied when I got back. I already got all my tickets sorted before I even received the paper forms. I didn’t want to apply and then request my passport back, I wasn’t so sure how long the wait after requesting passport so I just waited until all my travels are done then applied. xx

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 am

Hey all,

I just received this email reply to my complaint to the HO:
Thank you for your recent email of the 28 October 2019 concerning your application for settlement made under the terms of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EU Settlement Scheme). I am sorry that you have felt cause to complain about the standard of service that has been availed to you during the application process. I would also take this opportunity to extend the Home Office’s deepest condolences to you and all of your immediate family members in relation to the recent bereavement of your step-father.

I can confirm that consideration of your paper based EU Settlement Scheme application which the Home Office received on the 21 August 2019 remains ongoing. Our records indicate that we have previously returned your biometric residence card back to you on the 10 October 2019

You have applied for settled status on the basis of a derivative route (Surinder Singh) and by nature such case types are a little bit more complex than is normally the case, hence they are currently taking a little longer to process and finalise.

I am pleased to inform that we formally commenced consideration of your settlement claim on the 21 October 2019 and that an appropriate decision will be made in the near future.

The Home Office have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant settled status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the circumstances of each particular application.

So far our internal character enquiries have not been completed in regards to your specific application and we are most sorry for the delay. Please rest assured that as soon as we are in a position to conclude your EU Settlement Scheme application you will be notified of our decision with immediate effect.

In the meantime I have today issued you with a relevant Certificate of Application (COA) letter with immediate effect. I have posted out this correspondence to your home address today via first class post.

Thank you for your continued patience & understanding.

Harry Fewtrell

Senior Caseworker, European Casework Briefing & Response Team
So they have sent out the CoA, which is something. I'm grateful they've responded.

I'm utterly baffled by the "internal character inquiries have not been completed" - what does my 'character' have to do with my application? Is this part of the rule changes that happened in 2016? So they are going to re-assess whether I should have been granted my 5-year RP? All of this is crazy-making and my case is such a simple one - some of you have a much rougher time than I do, so I can't imagine how any of you hold out emotionally, mentally, or physically. This is wrecking me.
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 Surinder Singh route Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
JAMAA wrote:
Hi

So.. today I received my COA (dated November 4, 2019) after sending them an email complaining (October 23, 2019) that I haven’t received any confirmation after applying. I received an email on Monday stating:

“Dear XXXX

Thank you for contacting the EU Settlement Resolution Centre.

We understand that you have not received any notifications about the progress of your application.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.

We have now escalated this issue.

Please wait to hear from the caseworker and follow their instructions when prompted.”

And today came home with a letter from home office, would be lovely if it’s the settled status but nvm, at least got the COA now. xx

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
And today came home with a letter from home office, would be lovely if it’s the settled status but nvm, at least got the COA now. xx
Congratulations! My CoA arrived today as well!
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:30 am

jestew wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Congratulations! My CoA arrived today as well!
Congratulations. 👌🏽
Hopefully we will receive a decision soon xx

worrieduk
Newly Registered

Post by worrieduk » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Everyone, I wanted to post my partner's timeline too. We've applied for pre-settled status.

Application form requested: 23/09
Application Received: 28/09
Application Form Sent: 28/10
Received by Home Office: 29/10
Biometrics Letter Received: 05/11 (dated 01/11)
Biometrics Sent: 05/11
COA: tbc
Decision: tbc

Good luck everyone! :)

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 pm

I'd love to see a poll in this thread similar to the poll that was created in the thread for non-EEA partner applications that checks how long after sending in biometrics a decision was given for the Surinder Singh paper applications. I've looked and couldn't find an obvious way to create a poll as a mere member - so I'm guessing that such a thing needs moderator permissions - is that correct?

Obie, CR001, someone with moderator status - are you willing to make a poll for this thread? Or point me how I could create it?

Thanks!
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 am

jestew wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:19 pm
Obie, CR001, someone with moderator status - are you willing to make a poll for this thread? Or point me how I could create it?
Sorry for the noise. I looked harder and figured it out. Here is the decision time poll. Please give your answer there if you have received a decision, thanks!
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 pm

I made an application for Pre-settled status for my wife. She currently holds an EEA residence card issued to her under the 2016 EEA Regulations.

Application received date: 30th October 2019
Biometrics: Not required
COA: Received on 8th November 2019 (Dated 4/11/19) with her passport
Decision: COA states it will be issued shortly

Will let the forum know when we get the decision.