ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from spouse visa to pre-settled status via Lounes route?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rely1458

Switch from spouse visa to pre-settled status via Lounes route?

Post by rely1458 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:22 pm

One for the experts, but here's my question:

If my partner has a spouse visa (2 years 9 months) which was granted to her because I sponsored her as a British Citizen, can she then change this visa to a pre-settled status via the Lounes route from inside the UK?

I became a British citizen in 2018, but have been living in the UK as a EU citizen since 2010 and hold the PR card.

It's purely a hypothetical scenario, but if possible it would save me the extortionate fees for the Spouse Visa extension + NHS surcharge.

vinny

Re: Switch from spouse visa to pre-settled status via Lounes route?

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rely1458

Post by rely1458 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:41 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 am
Possible.
Thanks, did some research too and it seems possible. I have 2 years time before the current Spouse Visa expires, so I might start the process now and see what happens. I need to give the EUSS Resolution Centre a call for the paper form, right?

Hopefully it works, as that would be a good £6000+ saved (not counting what's already been spent for the initial visa).

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.