ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agileuser2010
Newly Registered
Mood:

Switching from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme

Post by agileuser2010 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 am

Hi everyone,

I have a Tier 2 ICT visa valid for 3 years which expires June 2020. I am also married to an EU citizen and in the past 3 years I've been travelling back and forth UK-Bulgaria. Because of this my wife and I have been talking about moving to the UK both of us. Considering my wife is an EU citizen and can move to the UK freely my question is can I apply for the EU Settlement Scheme as her husband after or even before my work permit (Tier 2 ICT) expires? Also does the cool off period apply if I switch from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme and can I work for any employer in the UK with the new visa type?

Thanks and good day to everyone!

kamoe

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme

Post by kamoe » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am

agileuser2010 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 am
Considering my wife is an EU citizen and can move to the UK freely my question is can I apply for the EU Settlement Scheme as her husband after or even before my work permit (Tier 2 ICT) expires?
As long as you both move to the UK, you can both apply to the Settlement Scheme. Best if yo udo this as soon as you are eligible, no need to wait for your current visa to expire. Mind the potential of a no-deal scenario, in which case she needs to have moved to the UK by Brexit date.
Also does the cool off period apply
Not sure what you mean here.
if I switch from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme and can I work for any employer in the UK with the new visa type?
Yes, there will be no restrictions for you as holder of Pre-Settled status, as to which employer you can work for.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

agileuser2010
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT to EU Settlement Scheme

Post by agileuser2010 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks for the response. I agree and it makes sense to speed this up due to Brexit.

As for the cool off period, I was actually referring to the Tier 2 cooling off which period prohibits a Tier 2 visa holder from returning to the UK for a period of 12 months after the expiry of their Tier 2 visa, or from switching back to a Tier 2 visa from another UK leave category within 12 months.
I believe it wouldn't apply in my case since it's the EU Settlement Scheme but wanted to check before starting the process. Would it?

Thanks