ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Template of Physician letter for EUSS dependent parent application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

miadhtp
Newly Registered
France

Template of Physician letter for EUSS dependent parent application

Post by miadhtp » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:56 am

Hi

Does anyone have a template of a letter from a physician confirming dependency for a EUSS application? I have applied for my mother to join me in the uk from France twice but her application was rejected as dependency was not proven.

Thanks in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Template of Physician letter for EUSS dependent parent application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am

miadhtp wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:56 am
Hi

Does anyone have a template of a letter from a physician confirming dependency for a EUSS application? I have applied for my mother to join me in the uk from France twice but her application was rejected as dependency was not proven.

Thanks in advance!
Perhaps you could share the reasons given for rejection and the facts of the application.
This would help members knowledgeable on EUSS to comment. Applications on the basis of dependency are becoming more frequent I believe, and rejections too. So it might be helpful for other members too.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

miadhtp
Newly Registered
France

Post by miadhtp » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:40 pm

Sure, that is a fair point.

I am a dual citizen (UK/France). I am FT employed with earnings above the visa sponsoring thresholds. My mother who has always lived in France, never in the UK, needs to come live with me as she needs physical assistance to carry out living related tasks. This is a new development due to her deteriorating health. She has no other family in France and lives alone.

I have submitted 2 applications which were rejected - the first because I was not able to prove family link (we had missed the birth certificate from the application), the second because there was no proof of dependency.

I have seen from the policy that a letter from a physician/doctor to state that she is dependent on me would be sufficient. Her French doctor has offered to do this but is unsure how to formulate the letter. What would be really helpful would be to have a letter template from previous successful applications for the doctor to use to certify that she indeed needs to live with someone who is able to help her (me in this case).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to provide

anti-cool
Newly Registered

Post by anti-cool » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:56 am

Similar case and I am looking for the same. Hopefully someone in the forum can suggest how they have done it and what letter was provided