ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT visa early termination & getting married to EU Citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Santi1929
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 ICT visa early termination & getting married to EU Citizen

Post by Santi1929 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 am

Dear All,

Wonder if someone could help with my current situation. I’m on Tier 2 ICT long term visa, unfortunately I need to resign due to unbearable stress level condition at work compromises my well-being already. However, I understand that once I terminate my Contract I will only have 60days to stay in the UK and have to return back to my home country.
Now I’m in a situation where myself and my fiancé has already book an appointment for intent to get married.. which will take 28 days to 70days. I’m quite concerned that I have to leave the country before our wedding date..
Am I allowed to stay in the UK while waiting for the wedding day and to file an application for an EEA family permit residence card?

Any help and advise please..

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT visa early termination & getting married to EU Citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 am

However, I understand that once I terminate my Contract I will only have 60days to stay in the UK and have to return back to my home country.
You get 60 days from the date of the curtailment letter which can take a few months to get sent to you, not 60 days from resigning. It also depends for how much longer your visa is valid for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Santi1929
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Santi1929 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 am

Thanks for your response CR001.
My work visa will end 2020. It’s just that I want to leave the company this month...
However I don’t know how this will affect my stay here in the UK? As the last thing I want to do is for the immigration to force me to leave while I’m in the process of getting married and applying for eea family permit residence card.
Don’t know if I can still stay once my 60days notice expires?

Thanks a lot again for your prompt response.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Santi1929 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 am
Now I’m in a situation where myself and my fiancé has already book an appointment for intent to get married
Given that resignation is a voluntary act, wait until you get married and then resign.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Santi1929
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Santi1929 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 am

Thanks for your response secret_simon.
I’m in a situation where I can’t handle the stress anymore, I’m concerned that the longer I stay with the company..the harder it is for me to get out. Also, I don’t want to leave them as well helpless if you know what I mean.. I do care for the company but I have to look after myself as well.

manilasani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by manilasani » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:41 pm

You may take some sort of leave from the work!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 pm

You often can get medical leave because of stress if you manage to convince your GP that your condition is serious. I have a colleague at work who got such leave for 6 months..