ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of EEA2 Visa to New Passport.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

allain

Transfer of EEA2 Visa to New Passport.

Post by allain » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Hey Guys
I have 5 years EEA2 visa, i want to transfer it to my new passport because i am getting difficulty applying for jobs. I have traveled abroad on old passport without any issues.

The problem is my wife has just started taking Child Tax Credits (only), she is also working part time 25hrs. If i send a new Visa Application file EEA2 and they can refuse my visa or not,
or what if they refuse my app i will sill by legal or not? i m due to apply for PR in 2020.

Any information will be appreciated.

Regards

Punguru82

Re: Transfer of EEA2 Visa to New Passport.

Post by Punguru82 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:46 pm

There is not legal requirement for transfer and most employers knows this, I had the same issue. However if you opt for this route what you mainly doing is submitting a fresh new application and what will be granted is a separate biometric resident card. wont be stamped on your new passport and bare in mind will be new fresh 5 years again however of course doesn't count when applying for PR when you were first issued the first EEA2 stamped/vignette resident permit on your old passport. Seams like your wife(sponsor) does exercise treaty right as working - doesn't have to work full time on EEA route. Good luck, apply