ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transferring BRC to Settled Status BRC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Garth1989

transferring BRC to Settled Status BRC

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi all,

asking for some info from those that have transferred their residency permit BRC to a settled status BRC. My current BRC will expire before I can apply for citizenship and I need to travel outside the UK before then so need to get an updated card. I started to fill in the online form and on the last page it asked my to select options on what documents i would be submitting with the application. The options below indicate that they are not mandatory but may delay or refuse the application if they are not submitted. Do I have to submit all of them or just select certain ones?
1 - Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter
2- Any passport you have held since you have been granted settlement, including expired passports
3- Consent form for the Home Office to undertake checks on Mr "applicants name"
4- Current Biometric Residence Permit

secret.simon

Re: transferring BRC to Settled Status BRC

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:30 pm

From the sound of it (the fact that your query is about a BRC, but the last line refers to a BRP; which is generally issued under completely different rules and regulations), you may be filling in the wrong form. Can you link to the form that you are filling in?

Also, what kind of BRC do you currently hold? Are you settled already or pre-settled?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:45 pm

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

We don't have visibility of the forms, so we can't see the questions in them. Just be sure to be following the links for a replacement BRC and not BRP, which is not what you would have under the Settlement Scheme.
Garth1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm
1 - Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter
2- Any passport you have held since you have been granted settlement, including expired passports
3- Consent form for the Home Office to undertake checks on Mr "applicants name"
4- Current Biometric Residence Permit
From the choice of document options that it lists, it sounds to me like you are applying for a replacement ILR BRP (NTL/TOC form), which would be used if you had an ILR BRP and either lost it or needed to replace it for other reasons.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:06 pm

The website seems to use BRP or BRC interchangeably. At the bottom of the landing page there is only one button to apply underneath both sections giving information for BRP and BRC. It did ask me for my BRC number and the number on the letter for ILR that i received.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am

Ok so it appears I have applied incorrectly the first time. I have resubmitted my application and my application confirmation now states "To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme"
Does anyone know how to go about cancelling an application as i want to cancel the previous incorrect application?