ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation of supporting documents for EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

criceto
Newly Registered

Translation of supporting documents for EEA Family Permit

Post by criceto » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm a non-EEA spouse of a EEA citizen (Italian) and in the next couple of weeks I would like to apply for my EEA FP in Rome.
I have read all of the topics here but there is still one issue I can not figure out - do the translations of the supporting documents (like marriage certificate) have to be done by official translators or can I make them on my own, putting the "confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document" ?
Some people on the forum say they translated on their own, others made use of the official translators. So what is the right way to act? Does anyone have relevant experience in applying in Rome?

Looking forward to your kind answers, thank you beforehand!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Contact the embassy's consular section for advice.

criceto
Newly Registered

Post by criceto » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply!

criceto
Newly Registered

Post by criceto » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 am

Just to add some information that might be useful to people.
Yesterday I did contact the WorldBridge Service with my enquiry, and got the following reply:
"... All translated documents must include all of the following information: 1)Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document 2) The date of the translation 3) The translator’s full name and signature 4) The translator’s contact details.
Due to the high costs involved in obtaining official, or certified translations, the British Embassy will accept translations which have been prepared by the applicant, or e.g. a friend or employer. But all translations will be verified by Entry Clearance Staff on receipt of the application. Where a translation is found to be inaccurate, it will not be accepted. If there is any indication that a translation has been prepared with the sole intention of misleading the Entry Clearance Officer, the application will be refused."

Money saved :)