ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with EEA BRC and EUSS CoA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ConfusedEEA
Newly Registered
Greece

Travel with EEA BRC and EUSS CoA

Post by ConfusedEEA » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi, I am a dual EEA/British citizen and my wife has an a EEA Family Member BRC "valid" until 2024. She applied though the the paper application for pre-settled in May and she got the CoA but not the decision yet. My question is whether she would be allowed back to the country if she travels with the EEA BRC and the EUSS CoA?

The government website states "You cannot use your UK residence card at the border to enter the UK unless you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme on or before 30 June 2021." which seems to indicate that you will be allowed back in the country if you have made an application (https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card)

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel with EEA BRC and EUSS CoA

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:12 pm

If your application is in progress your rights are protected until the decision. COA I understand is the evidence for application. Whether the EEA BRC is required I don't know, but show it anyway, and the COA document ofcourse.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Re: Travel with EEA BRC and EUSS CoA

Post by kamoe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:44 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:12 pm
Whether the EEA BRC is required I don't know, but show it anyway, and the COA document ofcourse.
Yes it is. It's the reason people get stranded abroad when relying purely on CoA or electronic status.
Provided the EEA BRC has a printed expiration date that hasn't passed, they should be fine. Bring both, BRC and CoA.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.