ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to Italy NON EU with EEA with hubby and no visa

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Emc
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Traveling to Italy NON EU with EEA with hubby and no visa

Post by Emc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, we are tarveling to Italy for ashort holiday next week. I've got EEA and traveling with my husband. It's a first time that I will try to use my rights under EEA freedom of movement and just wanted to ask for people's experiences at customs. What would you suggest for me to take as well as our marriage certificate and passports(mine with EEA) ?
we tarvel with Easy Jet.

Thank you

EUsmileWEallsmile
Moderator
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Traveling to Italy NON EU with EEA with hubby and no vis

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Emc wrote:Hi, we are tarveling to Italy for ashort holiday next week. I've got EEA and traveling with my husband. It's a first time that I will try to use my rights under EEA freedom of movement and just wanted to ask for people's experiences at customs. What would you suggest for me to take as well as our marriage certificate and passports(mine with EEA) ?
we tarvel with Easy Jet.

Thank you
Can you clarify exacly what you have got? If it is as I suspect an article 10 residence card, please see this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6&start=40

Emc
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Emc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm

I've got the Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National- for 5 years and it is valid for another 3 years.

EUsmileWEallsmile
Moderator
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Good for you, now look through that thread and report back after your hols!

Emc
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Emc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you EUsmileWEallsmile, very informative link.

aledeniz
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:32 am

Post by aledeniz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Good for you, now look through that thread and report back after your hols!
The bit about not needing the exit visa is hilarious for me, if you meant it was not required for the Schengen visas as well, I didn't knew that, my wife was hold God knows how many times from border guards trying to match each and every entry stamp with the reciprocal exit stamp (she had tens of stamps, go figure ...).

sheraz7
Respected Guru
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: UK

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Emc
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Traveled to Italy with no Visa

Post by Emc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry for delay in posting my experience of travelling for the very first time with my EEA RC and NO visa to EU country. My husband and I were so worried in case would have to deal with some IO who has no idea and wouldn't cooperate.... I was armed with our passports, e tickets with Easy Jet and printed email from Italian consulate advising that I would not need visa and actual consulate web page stating the same.

Got to the Easy Jet desk and the guy just looked at our tickets and then our passports and passed my Non EU passport back to me asking me to open the page with Visa. He wasn't going to look for anything himself. I replied that I do Not need visa because I have EEA RC and opened the relevant page in my passport and giving him the email to confirm that. He said- "oh, ok then" at which point I was extremely surprised and asked him if he is familiar with the RC ?! He replied that he actually was not ! But he would go and check with someone else........I was prepared for a long chat with that someone, but to my surprise the guy came back within three minutes( with all my paperwork) and said that it's ok and processed boarding. That was it. No further immigration checks. Wonderful !

On the Italian side we joined the EU queue and I presented two passports together ; IO just said-your Visa? I opened passport and pointed at RC saying -I've got this instead. He smiled and waived us through ......

that was it..... Now I feel much more confident about travelling with my hubby to other EU countries.

EUsmileWEallsmile
Moderator
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Great news, I will post a link into our success stories thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6&start=60

spike_UK
Senior Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Burton upon Trent
Contact:

Post by spike_UK » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Great news, I will post a link into our success stories thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6&start=60
Hi there, I have 2 questions please:
1-now that I got PR(it is not family of EEA anymore) do I need a visa to EU while travelling with my EEA spouse or same as RC its free of visa?
2- although I have obtained my PR, I still have my RC visa valid until 07/2014 so can I still carry my RC while I'm travelling to EU with my EEA spouse.
I would appreciate your advice guys.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

EUsmileWEallsmile
Moderator
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 pm

I can't see any problems in the circumstances as you describe.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member
Posts: 1736
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 pm

spike_UK wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Great news, I will post a link into our success stories thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 6&start=60
Hi there, I have 2 questions please:
1-now that I got PR(it is not family of EEA anymore) do I need a visa to EU while travelling with my EEA spouse or same as RC its free of visa?
2- although I have obtained my PR, I still have my RC visa valid until 07/2014 so can I still carry my RC while I'm travelling to EU with my EEA spouse.
I would appreciate your advice guys.

tell us your story. why they refused and how you got PR in the appeal ?

Locked
cron