ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling with old BRC.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claraluh

Traveling with old BRC.

Post by claraluh » Sun May 01, 2022 11:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

My sister is a non-eu and has permanent residence in UK since 2016, her BRC with permanent status expires in 2026. In 2020 she applied and was granted Settled status but she never applied to change her BRC to the new Settlement scheme version. Her daughter’s birthday is now in July and we got tickets to visit Paris’ Disneyland but I wasn’t aware that her BRC wasn’t updated. (Her daughter already holds a British Citizenship).

Question is, if my sister is not able to get the new BRC with settled status, is she allowed to travel only with old BRC still valid until 2026 and Settled status letter???

Many Thanks in advance.

kamoe

Re: Traveling with old BRC.

Post by kamoe » Mon May 02, 2022 8:19 am

claraluh wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:28 pm
Question is, if my sister is not able to get the new BRC with settled status, is she allowed to travel only with old BRC still valid until 2026 and Settled status letter???
Assuming you mean "only BRC" = "passport and BRC". Yes, no issues there. She doesn't even need the letter; her status is linked to the old document (if she applied with her old BRC using the app, etc. producing the old BRC will show she has settled status).

Even after replacing my old BRC with the new Settled Status one, I've been able to use either to enter the UK, with absolutely no issues. So the old BRC does not get invalidated for having a new status under the settlement scheme, or even replacing it with a new BRC.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

claraluh

Re: Traveling with old BRC.

Post by claraluh » Mon May 02, 2022 10:17 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:19 am
Assuming you mean "only BRC" = "passport and BRC". Yes, no issues there. She doesn't even need the letter; her status is linked to the old document (if she applied with her old BRC using the app, etc. producing the old BRC will show she has settled status).

Even after replacing my old BRC with the new Settled Status one, I've been able to use either to enter the UK, with absolutely no issues. So the old BRC does not get invalidated for having a new status under the settlement scheme, or even replacing it with a new BRC.

Yes, She still has the same passport and BRC she used to get the Settled Status. The only concern was the old BRC as permanent resident, but very relieved now as I’m really looking forward for this trip. Thanks :D