ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after 30 June 2021 with BRP card Non EU partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunshine010101
Poland

Travelling after 30 June 2021 with BRP card Non EU partner

Post by sunshine010101 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 pm

I find very confusing information about what happens after 30 June 2021 to Non Eu BRP holders.

I am from EU country (Poland) and have settled status. My husband is from South Africa and applied for Settled Status in February and had no approval since then. He falls under all criteria and he should easily get his application approved. I think there are some delays, he contacted EU Resolution Centre few times and only got response his case is under consideration. His Biometric Residence Card is valid until April 2029.

Will he have any issues coming back to UK from holiday in July 2021?

Bazinga_

Re: Travelling after 30 June 2021 with BRP card Non EU partner

Post by Bazinga_ » Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 am

sunshine010101 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:23 pm
I find very confusing information about what happens after 30 June 2021 to Non Eu BRP holders.

I am from EU country (Poland) and have settled status. My husband is from South Africa and applied for Settled Status in February and had no approval since then. He falls under all criteria and he should easily get his application approved. I think there are some delays, he contacted EU Resolution Centre few times and only got response his case is under consideration. His Biometric Residence Card is valid until April 2029.

Will he have any issues coming back to UK from holiday in July 2021?
It is confusing indeed. Ideally he should be in possession of his new EUSS card to travel so not to make things too complex for the border agents who may even be more confused than we are.

But, the good news and I believe this is more recently, is that those on EEA issued card don’t need to rush and upgrade any more so he should be able to use his old card. See https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card It is still valid till expiry whilst his application is ongoing unless his CoA specifically said not to travel while the application is ongoing.

Best wishes.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 12, 2021 6:31 am

It's confusing because the Home Office keeps changing the rules, it's vague in its wording, and publishes new advice without warning.

First, EEA RCs were supposed to expire on 31st of December 2020.

Then in late December 2020 the Home Office announced that, no, we thought this through and, EEA RCs are now valid until 30th June 2021.

Then in April 2021 there was a bottleneck in applications to convert EEA RC to EUSS BRC and they announced that now, we have thought this through and now you don't need a biometrics appointment for the card after all...

Then on the same month they published yet a new ammended saying that if you don't have status you need the EUSS. Up to people to interpret that this effectively means the need for a new card doesn't apply if you do have status.

So it appears the new advice is that the previously announced two deadlines for converting EEA RCs to EUSS are now scrapped and these cards can be used until their printed expiration date, no deadline to convert.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 am

For some reason I though it was more vague, but truth be told, the advise on the link shared by @Bazinga_ above is quite clear and it says:
If you have EU settled or pre-settled status you can continue to use your residence card until it expires. You do not need to apply for a new one.

If you need to replace your card when it expires, you can apply for a replacement.
So at least no room for interpretation, the deadlines have been scrapped.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

sunshine010101
Poland

Post by sunshine010101 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:03 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 am
For some reason I though it was more vague, but truth be told, the advise on the link shared by @Bazinga_ above is quite clear and it says:
If you have EU settled or pre-settled status you can continue to use your residence card until it expires. You do not need to apply for a new one.

If you need to replace your card when it expires, you can apply for a replacement.
So at least no room for interpretation, the deadlines have been scrapped.
Thank you. It sounds very reassuring. Hope there won't be new announcements.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi Friends
Its a Good news for those who want to apply for replacement EEA BRC to EUSS BRP.
Now UK Govt. said, dont do hurry to apply. CHECK THIS LINK.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card

you can use ur old card till its validity. Only one condition u should have a SETTLED or PRE-SETTLE status under EUSS.

Yuki
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yuki » Mon May 24, 2021 6:25 am

Can I use EEA PR card until expiry, whilst my EUSS application for permanent residence is in progress?