ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner and EU Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stegio80

Unmarried Partner and EU Settlement Scheme

Post by stegio80 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to use the EU Settlement Scheme to have my unmarried partner to join me in the UK?
We met before the 31 December 2020 deadline but we've never lived together.
I am wondering if she can join me in the UK by using the EU Settlement Scheme and how we can prove we have been together for more than three years. We might get married but, still, we'd need to prove we were together before 31 December 2020 if we want to use the EU Settlement Scheme route.
Many thanks

kamoe

Re: Unmarried Partner and EU Settlement Scheme

Post by kamoe » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 pm
Is it possible to use the EU Settlement Scheme to have my unmarried partner to join me in the UK?
We met before the 31 December 2020 deadline but we've never lived together.
A very common question, which has been answered here a number of times (hint: unless you have solid evidence of significant joint financial or child care commitments with your significant other, the answer to your question is very likely "no").

This post will give you a good summary of common misunderstandings of this route and what it really takes to apply as durable partners.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.