ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using new EUSS issued card details for urgent journey.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bazinga_

Using new EUSS issued card details for urgent journey.

Post by Bazinga_ » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:58 pm

I have presettled status and applied to update my EEA issued BRC to EUSS issued card. I have received the new card and returned the EEA issued one. I updated my card online this Tuesday gone and application is still in process to update it. The email I got said this;

“We will contact you by email to confirm your update, or to let you know if there is a problem.

Use your old identity document details to access your UK Visas and Immigration account until we confirm your update”

I have to travel back home as my sister just passed away for the funeral. I am not sure which details to use for ticket bookings and filling forms. Whether the old card that is still linked to my online status or the new one that is in process of updating but in possession of the physical card.

If I use the old one and present the new card at the airport I know lots of questions would be asked and for border agents who are mostly not clued up with these things unless it’s black and white, I may have unnecessary issues.

Or use the new issued card details and hope that satisfies them. I am in a dilemma. Please help.

Thank you.

TerryGH
Chile

Re: Using new EUSS issued card details for urgent journey.

Post by TerryGH » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:29 pm

First of all, so sorry for your loss.
Bazinga_ wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:58 pm
I am not sure which details to use for ticket bookings and filling forms.
You need to use your passport details when booking the flight. BRC card details are not indicated anywhere.
You will show BRC card to:
1) Airline staff at the check-in desk. They don't care about your EUSS status and have no means to check it.
2) Border Force officer on your arrival. They do have access to your details, but I doubt they will ask anything. If they do ask, you can always explain your situation.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:32 am

TerryGH wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:29 pm
First of all, so sorry for your loss.
Bazinga_ wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:58 pm
I am not sure which details to use for ticket bookings and filling forms.
You need to use your passport details when booking the flight. BRC card details are not indicated anywhere.
You will show BRC card to:
1) Airline staff at the check-in desk. They don't care about your EUSS status and have no means to check it.
2) Border Force officer on your arrival. They do have access to your details, but I doubt they will ask anything. If they do ask, you can always explain your situation.
I appreciate that Terry, will give that a shot. Just didn’t want the fuss.

Bazinga_

Post by Bazinga_ » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:18 am

Just to update, my details got updated exactly a month after a submitted application to link my newly issued EUSS brc to my online account.

Travelling this weekend confidently with new card.