ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Global and UKVI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davidk12
Newly Registered

VFS Global and UKVI

Post by Davidk12 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Hi,

I reapplied for a EUSS visa for my in-laws from Islamabad a few months ago. This morning I received an email from VFS Global stating that "The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWF.... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on....If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address. If not, please do not visit the Visa Application Centre. We will be contacting you shortly to make arrangements for the collection of your passport."

Now I have no idea what is the status of our applications and how long it would take to be asked for passport collections.

When I applied for the first time, at that time I was informed by UKVI through an email stating the grounds on which It was rejected. Following that email, I was then informed by VFS Global after a week stating the same message ""The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWF.... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on.... " On the same day, I was also asked to collect passports.

What can I make of this is the application has been approved. If not, how then I would get the refusal letter?
Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: VFS Global and UKVI

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Davidk12 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 pm
Hi,

I reapplied for a EUSS visa for my in-laws from Islamabad a few months ago. This morning I received an email from VFS Global stating that "The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWF.... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on....If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address. If not, please do not visit the Visa Application Centre. We will be contacting you shortly to make arrangements for the collection of your passport."

Now I have no idea what is the status of our applications and how long it would take to be asked for passport collections.

When I applied for the first time, at that time I was informed by UKVI through an email stating the grounds on which It was rejected. Following that email, I was then informed by VFS Global after a week stating the same message ""The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWF.... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on.... " On the same day, I was also asked to collect passports.

What can I make of this is the application has been approved. If not, how then I would get the refusal letter?
Thanks
Guess you'll find out soon enough when passports are picked up. If it doesn't go well, you'll definitely get a letter stating reasons.
If it goes well, then they'd have visas attached to their passports. 8)

One way or the other!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Davidk12
Newly Registered

Re: VFS Global and UKVI

Post by Davidk12 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:19 pm

Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that they did not give any refusal letter with the passport last time. The refusal letter was sent via email more than a week before the VFS Global message. I assume this time would be the same, they will give sealed passports without any decision letter.