ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa curtailment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mc288
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visa curtailment

Post by Mc288 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Hello guys. I need some information.
I have EEA fm visa granted. Marraige lasted for about 1.5 years. Then we separated. My partner emailed the home office on their website that she is not living with me and our relationship has ended. But nobody has started any divorce proceedings. I am worried that can my visa be curtailed without divorce? I had applied and got pre settled status when i was living with my partner.

I also paid her money after we separated and i have proof of that for 4 months when she blackmailed me for reporting me to home office. Even after taking money for 4 months she reported me. I have not yet received anything from home office yet.

secret.simon

Re: Visa curtailment

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 am

Provided that you are not divorced and that the EEA Citizen is still resident in the UK, you have a right to reside in the UK, even if you are separated.

Note that that right will end if the EEA Citizen leaves the UK without initiating divorce proceedings.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mc288
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mc288 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 am
Provided that you are not divorced and that the EEA Citizen is still resident in the UK, you have a right to reside in the UK, even if you are separated.

Note that that right will end if the EEA Citizen leaves the UK without initiating divorce proceedings.
Will traveling abroad be an issue. If i go back to my country for 2 weeks. Will they stop me at immigration ??

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 am

Mc288 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 am
secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 am

Will traveling abroad be an issue. If i go back to my country for 2 weeks. Will they stop me at immigration ??
If you travel alone they will usually ask where your EU family member is. To this, you should answer truthfully (In this city, that town, etc.). Note they are only interested in knowing their location, and this brief interaction is never exhaustive to the point of asking any questions as to how your relationship is going. I usually get asked two questions, this one, and how long have I been aborad. Nothing more.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.