Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Visa free travel for Residence Card holder Case refer to ECJ

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Visa free travel for Residence Card holder Case refer to

Post by mmtdrsn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:29 pm

tomaquet wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:56 pm
I am a British citizen living in Spain (for 10 years). My wife is Colombian and has an article 10 residence card issued here in Spain. Can we travel to the UK together without the need for an EEA family permit?

I have read above that this rule might be exempt to British citizens like myself. But it doesn't mention this exemption here: ... dence-card

Has anyone (non-eu article 10 residence card holder married to a Brit) successfully entered the uk like this? Are the airlines fully aware of this rule?

Thanks, Ben
Hi Ben,

Pity that noone picked this up because it's ineed a good question and a question that is yet to be answered and made clear by the officials! I am in the exact same situation: I am Turkish married to a Brit and we both live and work in Germany and booked to visit the UK for xmas however I have been worriying a lot that Ryanair would not allow my boarding simply because they dont know the rules.

I have an aritcle 10 residence card tho it does not say anything in English. it's not my problem because that was the only card German authorities would issue me. So I hope you have managed to travel with your spouse okay and could update this thread. Fingers crossed for my travel this Friday!

Post Reply