ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Visit visa

Post by Dangwenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:36 am

Hi me and my wife are non eea family member of eea family member and we would like to take my wifes parent here in uk as visitor what is the requirments and wht kind of form we need to use tahnk you guys.

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Visit visa

Post by mcovet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:54 am

Dangwenix wrote:Hi me and my wife are non eea family member of eea family member and we would like to take my wifes parent here in uk as visitor what is the requirments and wht kind of form we need to use tahnk you guys.
generally, visit visas of EEA family members are free of charge and are called EEA family permit applications. However, for your parents to be considered such family members, numerous facts must exist, one of which is that they are dependent on you. Further, you say you and your wife are non-eea family members, what is the familial link of your parents to the eea national?

In my humblest opinion, a general visitor visa should be applied for and a fee is payable, the EEA regulations don't seem to come into play here. But again, it all depends on some factors above.

Good luck!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 am

just read your other post where you mention that your eea fam memb is your dad.

On a strict reading of Regulations (or the Directive) the family member category includes parents of the EEA national or the spouse/civil partner of the eea national. Thus, if you were an EEA national, then your wife could (again with additional proof of dependency) apply for a free family permit. But in your case, it isn't applicable.

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Post by Dangwenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

hi mcovet

thnx but please clarify which eea family permit application do i have use for my mother inlaw and father inlaw for visit visa or tourist visa application is it eea1 or eea2 im not taking them as my dependant just a visit visa tnx plz reply again if you dont mind.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 am

They can't apply under the EEA regulations and should apply for a General Visitor visa like any other non-EEA national who wishes to visit the UK.

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Post by Dangwenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 am

hi jambo tnx again

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Post by Dangwenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 am

hi mcovet and jambo

sorry i made a mistake with my status here in uk in im a family member of an eea national ,what do think my mother inlaw covers on eea regulation to apply for visit visa and which application form for them right to used tnx.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 am

Your status was clear from the beginning even with the mixup of terms.

The answers don't change.