ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what to do after all complaints??? please help (EEA2)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

flyhoney
Newly Registered

what to do after all complaints??? please help (EEA2)

Post by flyhoney » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 pm

hi everyone,

i have few questions and really need your help.

i'm dutch, my husband is nigerian. we got married this july (applyed for coa in february, received in june). in the meantime, we applied for his eea2 on april 15th as unmarried partners (he overstayed his student visa by then slightly).

after wedding, we sent in all documents (marriage cert. + our both passports) and letter to change the eea2 to married partners. we got a letter saying documents well received, but no chance on early processing as ho is using its capacity to remove criminals from uk or something like that.

15 October (6 months later) there was still no reply from home office, they were also extremely unhelpful and rude on the phone. so following took place within appr. 2 weeks before 1st of November:
1. submitted complaint to croydon by email and mail
2, submitted complaint through MP (no reply to that as yet)
3. filed a complaint (anonymous) to European community

received a letter from HO on 5.11 stating apology for delay and that the application is in active process. also received a letter from European union about the complaint being taken into consideration and will be followed throug (but my understanding is that personally it will make little difference to our case).

my problem now is this. my husband can't work or travel without residence card and is very likely that he will need to go home for some time (home=Nigeria) next year. i fear without residence card he will not be allowed back into country. plus the whole no work thing is getting out of proportion, so we really (REALLY!) need the card.

what do you suggest I do next to make sure HO is doing their job? can i write any more letters/complaints? i have no details of my caseworker, who should i mail the letters to? i've sent emails before, but no reply to that. should i send them any documents/my passport (they sent it to me before as i had to travel and told not to send back) anything???

i would also like to know if anyone has a slightest idea about current processing times. is our case special?

please please help me. am desperate...

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

I am at the same situation but worse, waiting for my EEA4 for 19 months now! (I know, unbelievable, but true!)

This week I have written to my MP (no reply as yet) and to Solve-IT advisors (http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/) looks like they can help but they ask for 8 days to reply.

After that they may tell me to use the Solvit Assistance, as the UK is breaking the EU directives, they have the power to intervene.

Worth a shot :)

I have also emailed both UKBA and the NW Custumer Service Unit for complaints.

Not sure anything else we can do really...

MAKUSA
BANNED

Email EU

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Lilly wrote:I am at the same situation but worse, waiting for my EEA4 for 19 months now! (I know, unbelievable, but true!)

This week I have written to my MP (no reply as yet) and to Solve-IT advisors (http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/) looks like they can help but they ask for 8 days to reply.

After that they may tell me to use the Solvit Assistance, as the UK is breaking the EU directives, they have the power to intervene.

Worth a shot :)

I have also emailed both UKBA and the NW Custumer Service Unit for complaints.

Not sure anything else we can do really...
JLS-CHAP@ec.europa.eu and sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu make sure you write your address

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi First-Class Moron Thanks for that

I've found the sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu is the complaints for the European Comission, but who is JLS-CHAP@ec.europa.eu ?

Cheers,

MAKUSA
BANNED

Infringment

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am

Lilly wrote:Hi First-Class Moron Thanks for that

I've found the sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu is the complaints for the European Comission, but who is JLS-CHAP@ec.europa.eu ?

Cheers,
They deal with infringments procedures, like the UK violating EU law.

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:32 am

Thank you First-Class Moron, I will certainly contact them next week shall nothing come through from my MP or the Solvit advisors :)

flyhoney
Newly Registered

Post by flyhoney » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

so that still doesnt answer my question. as i already filed the complaint with ec.

any comments on what to do next?

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:31 am

Flyhoney, you've put on your post you've made an anonymous complaint to the EC. Have you tried Solvit but stating who you are, address, etc...?